What's new

15 Park US trip from AU

trav1089

Roller Poster
Hey guys, Ive just finished up hitting 15 parks over the past 4 weeks or so.
Here's what I hit (in order)
SFMM
Knotts
SFGAmerica
Kings Island
Cedar Point
SFNE
Dorney
SFGAdventure
SFA
KD
Busch Williamsburg
Carowinds
SFOG
Dollywood
Holiday World

This was a pretty huge trip so it may take a few days to report the whole thing, feel free to ask anything about any park.
Essentially the only credits I missed were Ghost Rider and Lightning Rod.

I'll start with some basics

Credits Before: 68
Credits Now: 172
Favourite Park: Cedar Point (Great Adventure a close second)
Least Favourite: SFA (Closely followed by SFOG)
Favourite Coaster: I305
Least favourite: Rebel Yell
Best Staff: Carowinds
Worst Staff: SFOG

So I was lucky enough to hit 15 parks and miss a single ride because of weather conditions. Great weather the entire time, except for at KD, which was light rain that left the park rather empty, I rode i305 15 times in a few hours.

I'll start with California
May 31st
We got straight off the plane, grabbed our hire car and headed straight for Magic mountain. Lucky to arrive before open and get a full day. Loads of kids on school trips so we grabbed some flash pass platinums (both hate waiting in line) hit pretty much everything multiple times all day, X2 line was about 20 mins so we were able to get through that twice easily.

8852ac6b1c3bcc59d5403b3d637c1fa8.jpg

June 1st.
I hit MM again, but alone. Very much the same as the day before. X2 short lines again.

June 2nd
We did a quick 2 hour run through the park.
TC, Scream x2, Batman, Riddlers (was closed the previous 2 days) and Apocalypse

June 3rd
Knotts Berry Farm.
Unfortunately I had this locked down before the Ghostrider delay so I missed it by a week. Ironically my other visit to the park was 9/11/15 - a few days AFTER they closed it for the GCI.
Somewhat busy, 30-45 waits on xcelerator and SB, used Fast Lane.
The only real criticism I have of knotts is their lack of a genuine sitdown looper (yes they have 2 shuttles), however I still enjoyed my time in the park and I'll definitely get back for Ghostrider ASAP.
ffd6d325edf2c3e9bed5aa5a075406c2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

trav1089

Roller Poster
More first week detail

Viper is getting worse by the year. I rode it in 09 and it was rough. 15 and it was worse and then this season I swore never again - but you just know I'll be back.

Tatsu rides beautiful as always, but I really wish they'd repaint it again soon, it's one of the main coasters you see when you're driving up.

Goliath is still an absolute dream to ride, back seat is definite winner, especially as the lift stops and the front crawls over.

SFMM has probably the most smooth batman of the 4 I rode this trip. I also loved the new color scheme (okay it's not THAT new I think?)

I also tried the VR on New Rev and thought it was garbage. The girl behind me had hers crap out on her during the lift. All in all it just slows the loading times waaaay too much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk