What's new

10th Annual CF Coaster Tournament

valleyfair!

Hyper Poster
Helix is the 2016 Coaster Tournament Champion!

The CF Coaster Tournament is back for the 10th consecutive year!

Seeding is almost entirely based on the coasters performance in the previous years tournament. If a coaster won in the first round last year, it automatically qualifies for the tournament this year. That will be the same for next year for first round winners this year. Don't get too caught up in seeding if you think a coaster is too high, or too low. (Especially with new coasters.) With that said, even one vote for a losing coaster can alter it's seeding for the next year, or save it from missing the next year's tournament.

Rules
1. Only vote once per matchup. (You can vote even if you have not ridden the coasters!)
2. Place your votes at the top of your post, followed by at least one line space if you would like to leave comments.
3. Place your votes in order of the matches presented.

Tiebreaker
Tiebreakers will work the same as most pervious years. For the first tie of the tournament, whoever the first person to post in the topic voted for will be the tiebreaker. Then, the second tie to the second person to post, etc. throughout the tournament.

Any coaster in the tournament who's name features a "*" (star) means there are clones of that coaster. To view the clones, click on "Game # Details" in the bracket, and that will pull up a list of that coasters clones.

Additional Info
1. Anyone who accidentally votes twice for one matchup, and not at all for another, will have no votes counted in either matchup.
2. If you vote by the seed number, and submit a number that is not even competing, I will use my judgement as to what you were trying to vote for. If it is not clear, it will not be counted. (Typically I can tell because of how people vote in order.)
3. The brackets will say "Game #" and in the topic title I am changing that to "Match #s" so don't be confused by that.
4. Clicking on the name of the coaster in the bracket will link you to a POV or the coaster's RCDB page. If you notice an error let me know. (For the first round they will be added as coasters are up to compete as it takes a while to do all 128 at one time.)
5. Voting scores will appear in every matchup on the bracket as well.

Past Winners
2007: El Toro, Six Flags Great Adventure
2008: T Express, Everland
2009: Boulder Dash, Lake Compounce
2010: Boulder Dash, Lake Compounce
2011: Boulder Dash, Lake Compounce
2012: El Toro, Six Flags Great Adventure
2013: Outlaw Run, Silver Dollar City
2014: Helix, Liseberg
2015: Skyrush, Hershey Park

Looking to start voting on Thursday, August 25. Voting will take place from midnight-midnight eastern time (US). If I do not close off voting, technically it is still open to vote. Also, please don't post the next one if I am late, unless messaging me first. As it is hard to be here every day for as long as this goes, if a day or two goes by without voting don't panic!

Any additional comments, or suggestions throughout the tournament please post them in here, I am always looking to improve it for future years.

Bracket can be found here: http://www.bracketmaker.com/tlist.cfm?tid=464142

Lastly, I need your help! Currently there are 12 new coasters in the tournament, which means 12 from last year were left out. While this was based on results from last year to determine what was left out, I am going to post the list below and if you think one should be in over something else let me know! Enough consensus and I will make changes. This goes for coasters not listed at all too. Also, while seeding is based off of past results, if something seems way too high, too low, let me know as well!

New 12
Lightning Rod, Dollywood
Wildfire, Kolmarden
Storm Chaser, Kentucky Kingdom
Joker, Six Flags Discovery Kingdom
Taron, Phantasialand
Flying Aces, Ferrari World Abu Dhabi
Flash, Lewa Adventure
Mako, Sea World Orlando
Valravn, Cedar Point
Jungle Trailblazer, Oriental Heritage Anhui
Flying Dinosaur, Universal Studios Japan
Monster, Adventureland

First 12 Out
Time Travel, Hot Go Park
Xcelerator, Knott's Berry Farm
Furius Baco, PortAventura Park
Lynet, Farup Sommerland
Patriot, Worlds of Fun
Tornado, Sarkanniemi
Full Throttle, Six Flags Magic Mountain
Anubis- The Ride, Plopsaland
Thunder Dolphin, Tokyo Dome City (LaQua)
Nemesis Inferno, Thorpe Park
Kraken, Sea World Orlando
Hydra the Revenge, Dorney Park

TilenB

Strata Poster
Seems like there is a few nice changes... I'm just missing Lost Gravity and the duo from Nanchang Wanda, otherwise I'm looking forward to how this year's is going to turn out like

Poslano z mojega ONEPLUS A3003 z uporabo Tapatalk

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Good work Valleyfair!, looking forward to seeing this unfold as always.

:)

Snoo

The Legend
^I know right? This could probably be unpinned until next year. Crazy its been going on this long though.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
^Consider it done. :p

I remember taking part in the first one of these (I think, it might have been the second) and thinking "Hmm... I don't think this will catch on". Quite glad to have eaten my words to be honest. :D