What's new

CF Pokemon Go

ASteelersMidget

Roller Poster
Got in 2 Articuno Raids and a Lugia today. Caught the Articuno we beat (only 7 of us) and couldn't get the lugia. Not sure it's been posted or not but Articuno is only around for a little longer (july 31st) so get it while you can if you care.

Chris Brown

Mr CoasterForce 2016
Did a bit of reading and it seems the legendaries will be staying until Sunday then swapping to moltres for a week then finally to zapdos buf the bonuses will end Friday. I've heard rumour that it's been made slightly easier to catch the legendaries now

Smithy

Strata Poster
Another wasted raid pass from dickheads who started a raid earlier before the agreed time and split up the group.

Oh, and that lad Ciall from way back on here is in the same group on Facebook for Pokemon that I use lul.

Chris Brown

Mr CoasterForce 2016
Another wasted raid pass from dickheads who started a raid earlier before the agreed time and split up the group.

Oh, and that lad Ciall from way back on here is in the same group on Facebook for Pokemon that I use lul.

Its similar here, everyone gets extremely impatient and selfish when waiting for the raids!

Ive got 2 Artiicuno's and 1 Lugia, starting to get really frustrated with how many balls i waste missing the bloody pokemon with how much they move. Ive been out every evening after work doing raids and now the other Legendary birds have been announced its looking like anything i need to get done is gonna have to wait!

Jordanovichy

Credit Whore 2016
Ah I've not found that thus far. I caught my first Articuno yesterday, there were three different groups essentially which formed with people coming over 10 mins, when the next ten arrived they made a private group, and so on, it worked well.

CanobieFan

Strata Poster
You would think playing at Disney would make it somewhat easy getting these two damn Birds, but every single raid I've taken part of has been just me, on my own. Obviously it did not work in my favor. I also found it weird that even if you fight them in the gym (and lose) they don't register to your Pokedex even as having 'seen'.

But, uh, I'll take this as a win?

Jordanovichy

Credit Whore 2016
Finally caught a Lugia today (my 2nd attempt), also caught my 4th Articuno (out of 7 attempts) so I'm pretty happy, I am hoping to go out tomorrow and grab a couple more Articunos, but if Moltres comes in by then, I won't lose sleep over it!

peep

CF Legend
Joined Joey and a huge WhatsApp group (around 20) of peeps in Bromley today. Did two Articuno raids (my first) and caught the second one with a first catch! We also did a Lugia raid but I failed to catch it.

I'm mainly bored of the game now but the raids with a large group of peeps is actually really fun and reminds me of last Summer when you had people running around for rare Pokemon.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Moltres is well easy. Caught 4 from 5 raids.

Zapdos is going to be the elusive one for me, isn't it?

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
Well I've not played in a few days now... Think I have raid fatigue?

Might force myself out today...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

sKrATcher

Roller Poster
I have a fairly strong army where I can take on easy raids alone (Electabuzz, Egsectuor, Vaporeon, etc). While at KD Fri evening for a couple hours and all day yesterday, the problem I kept running into without fail - my phone would overheat and close the app down!! :( I can tolerate the heat fine, but my phone, no so much.
I'll probably get all kinds of fun raid booses come winter when the temperatures are cooler.
Sadly, I don't even have a bronze medal yet - I have 7/10 for winning a raid. Mostly because of the heat and my old Samsung S4 isn't playing nice.

Jordanovichy

Credit Whore 2016
Haven't posted on the forums for ageeessss, and I'm here mostly just to brag now ;) 50 people turned up for this at lunch time!
22657397_10212998757598029_1120407090_n.png

peep

CF Legend
Urgh, lucky. I haven't really been playing enough lately, don't even have what my colleagues have dubbed "assribbons". I'll try and get more involved again next week.

Jordanovichy

Credit Whore 2016
It's great to have the Gen 3 ghost Pokemon for Halloween, slightly annoying that they've got double candies too, with pinap berries, you only needed to catch 4 of each to be able to evolve which did take the fun out but I'm very excited for the rest of Gen 3 in early December.

TilenB

Strata Poster
It's great to have the Gen 3 ghost Pokemon for Halloween, slightly annoying that they've got double candies too, with pinap berries, you only needed to catch 4 of each to be able to evolve which did take the fun out but I'm very excited for the rest of Gen 3 in early December.
I didn't even bother throwing Pinaps at them and still got more than enough candies to evolve in a short walk... Gonna try and look for a Shiny Sableye now.

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
It's as if they're intentionally trying to make people bored as fast as possible?

Double candy but ghosts only over Halloween weekend.
Or no double candy.
Or ya know just ****ing drop Gen 3 and stop ****ing about.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Yeah, I'm tapping on Jimmy Sableye whenever I see one, but walk away if it's not shiny. Bored of Halloween. Although the double candies is good - 40 Ttar canides when I pinapped one in a raid yesterday was fab <3 And I have enough candy to evolve three Gyardoi.

Jordanovichy

Credit Whore 2016
I did a Tyranitar raid today, but as it was 97.8% I thought I'd best use golden berries instead of pinapp to better my chances of catching!

JoshC.

Strata Poster
ZzZzz.. Still haven't gotten a single legendary pokemon... or a Shiny anything.

I feel your pain!

The raid system really killed my interest in PoGo. It turned the game into something where you had to be in the right place at the right time with enough people to get some of the best Pokemon. And it feels like a bit of a cheat; I spent ages getting enough candy to get a Blastoise, yet some can get it 5 minutes by turning up to a raid at the right time. Wow. I didn't get the Legendary birds and there's not enough interest in my area it seems to get enough people to go for a Legendary raid now.

The game at its core isn't awful and I still enjoy playing it every now and then (and no doubt when Gen3 is fully rolled out I'll get a kick out of it), but my enjoyment out of it really decreased when the raids and new gym system came about.