What's new

Cedar Point | Steel Vengeance | RMC I-Box (Mean Streak Conversion)

Fizpez

Roller Poster
After much debate (about 20 thread pages ago) I am happy to see they are planning to open next year. Very exciting (to me at least!) Can't wait to ride it - also can't wait for all those other lines in the park to be a helluva lot shorter!

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Things are stepping up: Knott's, KD, CP, and CGA are all announcing on August 16. (Alongside SDC)

Glad we are consolidating this year! :p

codeman94

Mega Poster
They seem to be setting the theme on a "shootout"... this August 16th event is also to take place at "high noon." I've gone on record as not being sold on Railblazer as the name. I think this evidence points us further away from Railblazer... not that any of the evidence ever really pointed us towards it anyway other than the trademark registration itself.

They've also released some playing cards using the wanted poster images as the characters in the event invitation, with a King, Queen, and Jack.... no Ace... yet.

Last edited:

Barrett

Roller Poster
They seem to be setting the theme on a "shootout"... this August 16th event is also to take place at "high noon." I've gone on record as not being sold on Railblazer as the name. I think this evidence points us further away from Railblazer... not that any of the evidence ever really pointed us towards it anyway other than the trademark registration itself.

They've also released some playing cards using the wanted poster images as the characters in the event invitation, with a King, Queen, and Jack.... no Ace... yet.
I like that idea you just presented! What about the name "Gunslinger"

cp2013

Roller Poster

the ace is still in the hole.
"a plan or piece of information kept secret until it becomes necessary to use it."

i'm still the one here thinking it could possibly be Highwayman. if we refer to the song they are dead but still alive they came in a pair of four each with their own style or profession, the first one who was a highway robber, the second who was a sailor, the third a dam builder, and the fourth a pilot. perhaps they have modified this story to fit a more western scheme. I guess you can say i'm sticking to my guns.

Swoosh

Mega Poster
It seems like the lines never get shorter, if anything adding a new attraction only brings in more guests and adds to the lines.

Fast Lane is really the only way to do Cedar Point. I hate standing in queues and even more so when it's warm. Sure it's expensive, but I always ask "what's your time worth?" To me the extra cost was worth being able to ride what I wanted when I wanted AND having the option of retreating to AC when I wanted without feeling guilty about not being in a queue to get my "money's worth"

Snoo

The Legend
Fast Lane is really the only way to do Cedar Point. I hate standing in queues and even more so when it's warm. Sure it's expensive, but I always ask "what's your time worth?" To me the extra cost was worth being able to ride what I wanted when I wanted AND having the option of retreating to AC when I wanted without feeling guilty about not being in a queue to get my "money's worth"
It's only worth it if you don't get to go often to be honest. I've been going to Cedar Point yearly since I was 7 so fast lane isn't really worth it. Plus, if you know when to go during the week/season and what to ride at a certain time of day, you can learn to avoid the longest waits. I have done Cedar Point in the middle of August on a Saturday and hit all 17 coasters. Definitely not impossible.

And to be honest, even when this opens, I'd rather wait for my first ride as that truly builds the experience. Yeah, getting on quick is nice, but not for the first time. Did it with Lightning Rod.. totally worth it. I mean, ERT that night help sooth those feelings as well.. :p

Of course, I'm not the 'whore' type of enthusiast. I go when I go, have the occasional trip, and just ride what I ride. But I always go with friends, which is much more fun then the rides anyway.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Of course, I'm not the 'whore' type of enthusiast. I go when I go, have the occasional trip, and just ride what I ride. But I always go with friends, which is much more fun then the rides anyway.
Not in that sense of the word, anyway... ;)

Lofty

CF Legend
Fast Lane was sort of not needed when we visited in June, but we had it anyway. Millennium Force's Fast Lane queue walked straight up to the normal queue, same really for the rest of the attractions in the park bar Maverick. I suppose that we were lucky? But still...

codeman94

Mega Poster
Fast Lane was sort of not needed when we visited in June, but we had it anyway. Millennium Force's Fast Lane queue walked straight up to the normal queue, same really for the rest of the attractions in the park bar Maverick. I suppose that we were lucky? But still...
Not all fast lane lines are created equally. The comparison you made was perfect. I think Millennium Force is the worst one. You still have to stand in a line of easily 200 people. Maverick's was awesome. They basically put you right on the ride.

Swoosh

Mega Poster
It's only worth it if you don't get to go often to be honest. I've been going to Cedar Point yearly since I was 7 so fast lane isn't really worth it. Plus, if you know when to go during the week/season and what to ride at a certain time of day, you can learn to avoid the longest waits. I have done Cedar Point in the middle of August on a Saturday and hit all 17 coasters. Definitely not impossible.

Ah but your post proves that you're missing the point of FL. With FL you don't have to worry about calculations or "learning" this or that. If you want to ride something you go ride it. Makes for a much more enjoyable trip. True we don't go every year but we do go fairly often.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Sharing photos I snapped of Mean Streak from last weekend. Track installation continues for the first portion of underpass layout, with a sharp banked turn veering upward into an over-brake-run-airtime-hill. No real visible signs of support modifications for track underneath the first two turns (now a top hat and outer banked turn); construction continues to focus on the lift hill and installation of track underneath the lift hill.

5990539C-B7A5-47D0-9F8A-3A3197298C49.jpg DD0E69D8-EAB6-4769-BD24-FC15AC6963FD.jpg E96B7E4A-B6FB-4BC7-B782-D25BEDEA08F5.jpg EF96D8FC-CF2A-424D-B9D7-A714A4697E14.jpg IMG_2620.jpg 6CD3A3A6-0D7C-4918-BFBC-44BF56912DB6.jpg 6DC1EEC6-D56E-44D3-A90B-91B4E04D6ADC.jpg 129984F2-6E42-4B14-8DD8-4E887A50B4F1.jpg

codeman94

Mega Poster
I'm hoping for tall, tall, tall, because this thing is going to need to go fast, fast, fast, to have the kind of unreasonable sharp quickness that the best RMCs have. Those hills are long, and to the eye, even the double ups progress long and don't "look" like they would be very quick.... unless its going 90 mph.

At Worst, This could end up to be the Millennium Force of RMCs.... which isn't necessarily bad.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
I'm hoping for tall, tall, tall, because this thing is going to need to go fast, fast, fast, to have the kind of unreasonable sharp quickness that the best RMCs have. Those hills are long, and to the eye, even the double ups progress long and don't "look" like they would be very quick.... unless its going 90 mph.
That was my reservation as well throughout this layout, and my biggest criticism of NTG (which features a similar footprint and layout); lagging during the second half. Folks are reporting however that RMC has seemingly sped up their rides, thanks in part to new wheel design and compound. Here's hoping New Mean Streak is able to book it through!