What's new

Georgia Cyclone to close for good this month

witchfinder

Hyper Poster
Maybe they read my trip report of SFOG and took immediate action? :D

In terms of improvements, the only things missing are a launched coaster and a decent modern woodie. If they gave Cyclone the RMC treatment (or just tore it down and replaced it with a GCI), retracked GASM and replaced the Scorcher with a decent launch coaster, I think this park would be near-perfect.

Jarrett

Most Obnoxious Member 2016
Another one bites the dust, now call Alan and make it something wonderful! Georgia peach-colored rails, please!

In all seriousness, this was actually the one coaster there we didn't ride when my family went on vacation there in 2006 so I'm kinda sad I never got to ride it, but honestly I doubt it was that great, especially with all the horror stories I've heard. That being said, GASM probably needed the treatment more because I did ride that and I do distinctly remember it being pretty lame and awful. But we all know I'm not going to complain about more RMC, even at the expense of a credit I'm missing, so let's see what happens!

Bat Fastard

Hyper Poster
Another one bites the dust, now call Alan and make it something wonderful! Georgia peach-colored rails, please!

In all seriousness, this was actually the one coaster there we didn't ride when my family went on vacation there in 2006 so I'm kinda sad I never got to ride it, but honestly I doubt it was that great, especially with all the horror stories I've heard. That being said, GASM probably needed the treatment more because I did ride that and I do distinctly remember it being pretty lame and awful. But we all know I'm not going to complain about more RMC, even at the expense of a credit I'm missing, so let's see what happens!
I rode Cyclone last month. It's not too rough and has several insane moments of airtime. Good ride but yes, RMC will be better.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
One year on CF! Woo Hoo!

I think it will be a very short RMC, since every RMC conversion has a shorter track length afterwards, and considering this has less than 3,000ft of track, I bet this will be around 2,500ft, unless the tables turn and the track length gets lengthened.

Edward M

Strata Poster
This seems like a great choice mainly because, on a very crowded day at Six Flags, everything had a wait except this. I kind of liked it overall, but there are better versions in NYC, Illinois, etc. Excited to see what RMC does with this!

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
(Although I wouldn't want anyone to touch it), I've had thoughts as to what RMC could do with Viper this layout, so it is going to be cool to see how RMC works this ride.

I'm imagining this to be the baby of WiCy and SC, so it should be a very fun and intense ride!

witchfinder

Hyper Poster
I think it will be a very short RMC, since every RMC conversion has a shorter track length afterwards, and considering this has less than 3,000ft of track, I bet this will be around 2,500ft, unless the tables turn and the track length gets lengthened.
So it's either going to be shorter or longer than it currently is? You've marked your anniversary with some stunning insight there! I'd like to offer a third possibility - it will remain exactly the same length it is now... :D

I didn't mind it when I rode in June tbf. It was definitely the least rough of the two woodies they have. Maybe they can get a 2-for-1 deal with RMC and get them to do a topper track upgrade on GASM while they're there!

Pink Cadillac

Giga Poster
Yay! I've been hoping this would happen! Not many SF parks left without RMCs
La Ronde
Great Adventure
America
St. Louis
Great Escape