What's new

Alton Towers | Wicker Man | GCI Wood

Jarrett

Most Obnoxious Member 2016
LOL that kid is like your equivalent of Coaster Studios! Couldn't get past two seconds! XD

ThomVD

Giga Poster
His vids are a guilty pleasure for me. I seriously can't stand him yet I kinda enjoy watching them. Such a weird moment when he was checking my ticket when I first got into Alton Towers.

CoasterB

Roller Poster
I kinda like his videos, bit cringe in places, but his got a bit of charisma, and he does these travel blogs where he tells you how to get to a park aboard, which train which stop etc which is actually really helpful.. I think he's just very passionate about theme parks as much as we all are here, but just shows its in a slightly different way

Bert2theSpark

Mega Poster
The same conversation literally happened on the SW8 thread on TowersStreet and that lead to TheMossMachine being born... :p It's all a bit of deja vu to me! The only reason I subscribe to Shawn is so I can watch his SW8 and Icon construction updates.

Brad88

Roller Poster
Hi, Im relatively new on this forum but I went to Alton Towers last week so feel partly qualified to comment :)

I think its a bit of a shame that the Flume has gone to make way for this ride as I'm not sure the rapids cuts it anymore as a decent water ride. The pathway joining the rapids area to the Mutiny Bay area, which was a bit annoying, but I presume was necessary for carrying out construction work on SW8! Im quite excited about this new ride but I just hope it isn't too tame and aimed at families, from a selfish perspective.

Looking forward to seeing the developments and maybe riding SW8 next year!

Bert2theSpark

Mega Poster
Station is starting to fly up now....
18740645_10154793552893892_1153681722227385532_n.png

Credit to Jonathan Dixon.

DelPiero

Strata Poster
Weird project, there's track up but it looks like the groundwork is still a total mess, I'm sure GCI know what they're doing but still, weird.

scw55

Hyper Poster
So this is not how you build a Wickerman... Could this be supports for Rockwork? And could Towers be throwing a decoy theme for SW8?

Remember when the SW7 banners had double helix motif? And what we got was... something.
Maybe decoy theme is plausible. We expect evil forest number n and we get dragons instead.

Lofty

CF Legend
So this is not how you build a Wickerman... Could this be supports for Rockwork? And could Towers be throwing a decoy theme for SW8?
Do you know this from your previous experience of building a Wicker Man? Have you not thought that it could in fact be sculpted out of metal and rendered brown? I'm not stating this is in fact the Wicker Man model that IS going in, but just not stating it isn't.

Reactions: Ben