What's new

Tayto Park | Viking Voyage | Interlink Super Flume

CookieCoasters

Giga Poster
This is probably my favourite project this year, which I know isn't saying a lot but still, I love a park that invests in a modern water ride <3 And the theming looks excellent for what currently is a small park. Big things are definitely in Tayto's future!

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
I think we should rename this topic to Tayto Park 2017/2018 expansions and relocate it to park construction.

Anyway, Tayto Park are supposedly getting two coasters, in what I believe to be 2018. One will be a kiddie coaster, and the other a thrill coaster:-

Kiddie/family coaster (go to 1:30):-

Large investment thrill Coaster for 2018:-

Article:- http://www.newstalk.com/How-big-could-Tayto-Park-be

Quote from article :-

The company has begun work on a new €5.7m water ride, and it is investing €17.5m in a second major rollercoaster to accompany the wooden Cu Chulainn ride.

Speculation on what this coaster might be? I'm about 80% sure what it is, but I ain't tellin! :p

Meroteboy

Roller Poster

Speculation on what this coaster might be? I'm about 80% sure what it is, but I ain't tellin! :p[/QUOTE]

I've seen speculation that it could be a MACK launch coaster but I think it will likely be 2019 rather than 2018

davidm

Strata Poster
I think we should rename this topic to Tayto Park 2017/2018 expansions
Thats how this thread started! :)
(that newstalk article is from last summer and is what started the thread off if you go back a few pages ;) )

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
2019 will be the major coaster. 2018 is just the kiddie coaster. Sure in the Newstalk interview ATI has again linked above Mr Coyle says the major coaster will be two years after the flume opens.
The owner has said in previous interviews they want to install major attractions every two years. (Woodie - 15, Flume - 17, Coaster - 19)
As to the type of coaster, Raymond Coyle has mentioned he'd like something similar to Helix and in another interview he talked about RMCs. So who knows that they've choosen in the end (could be something completely different!). I imagine within the next year we'll find out as they will have to lodge another planning permission application.

Don't think the application for planning permission justifies moving the thread does it? There's no guarantee this Hotel will be built any time soon. They applied years ago for a dark ride that hasn't materialised yet.

Last edited:

Meroteboy

Roller Poster
They actually amended that planning application afterwards and changed the dark ride to the 5D cinema. I think they'd need to re-apply if they wanted to add a dark ride

Meroteboy

Roller Poster
Boats made an appearance today
2en4uxi.jpg

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Launch date for Viking Voyage is 15th June!

Everything is looking so fab here. Really like the hotel. Here's a park that has come from nowhere to be a major player. It's not even a case of "here's loads of money, build something." It's shrewd investment after investment. Is Mr Coyle still in his theme park infancy to be called a legend? Nah, don't think so.

Jamesss

Hyper Poster
Never thought they would put this much effort into theming. Great stuff.

Very exciting to think where this park could be 10 years from now.

rollercoaster2

Mega Poster
I like the way they pay attention to the most minor details in theming. For example I like the clever use of small tree like shrubs on the mountain to make it look so much bigger than it is. Little things like that make a big difference. Hope it continues. Ambition is good but one step at a time. I think their approach is right and is paying dividend for them. If they continue the patient, steady buildup the park can become a huge destination in the future.

No need to go crazy. Patient, staggered development is the way to go here.

Viking Voyage looks superb and will hopefully set a new standard or at least help revive standards in application and theming.

Last edited:

hamcake

Roller Poster
The targeted hotel opening is March 2021 according to a paywalled article, with construction starting 2019 if approved. That should be enough time to add a few substantial attractions.

owentaylor121

Giga Poster
This honestly looks amazing! I seriously hope they continue to theme the rest of the park to this standard. Like that flat ride next to this looks so jarring and out of place now!

Excellent work Tayto Park!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rollercoaster2

Mega Poster
I'd imagine the flat ride section is "filler" while the park builds up. Can see them being moved soon enough, if not removed altogether eventually once more major rides are added.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
^I doubt they would remove them, relocate them maybe, but I think the flat rides they have a decent, and therefore shouldn't be removed. I think it's highly unlikely.

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
There was an interview with the manager at the end of last year I think, where he said when they can afford to they will, one by one, go back and theme the flats so they fit in.
The article is actually linked on page 3 of this thread:
"As the park develops, more theming will be added across the property, and indeed one or two of the Zamperla attractions added this year might undergo a revamp."

Last edited: