What's new

Lost Island Theme Park | Iowa | 2022 (Kanonen relocation)

witchfinder

Hyper Poster
I'll predict either The Great Escape or Canobie Lake Park, mainly because I'm going to both this year :) but also because the former could desperately do with a new coaster and the latter was going to have a new rapids ride this year but cancelled it, so maybe this was why.

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
Beginning to suspect where i "knew" it was going isn't actually correct. I've heard nothing since the initial leak. But we shall see.

witchfinder

Hyper Poster
For everyone that thought it might come to Flamingo Land, I think you could possibly be right.

I don't think that area is big enough to put a coaster in, especially as there are walkways all around it. I'd predict that's more likely a flat ride, maybe something from Pleasure Island. I'd also say another launched coaster would be an unlikely choice for Flamingoland since they already have Velocity.

balrog

Mega Poster
Anyone have any news on this? Would be such a perfect replacement for any SLC ( same size footprint)...
You mean Liseberg could have gone with a superb second-hand SLC instead of that bland dive coaster in replacement of Kanonen ? That would have been fab.

Jake Martell

Roller Poster
You mean Liseberg could have gone with a superb second-hand SLC instead of that bland dive coaster in replacement of Kanonen ? That would have been fab.
Nah just thinking about parks that could replace their SLC with Kanonen haha

Last edited:

Jarrett

Most Obnoxious Member 2016
Business-wise, Kentucky Kingdom would be the way to go with this, it's a coaster from a world-class manufacturer that fits in with their existing limitations for a relatively low cost. However, as it was said before, Ed Hart doesn't like launch coasters because he thinks it kills the anticipation of cresting the lift, so I think it's safe to assume they're out.

Indiana Beach might be a tad small for a coaster like that, but with the attendance struggle Apex is dealing with at the moment, that might be what they need to start drawing people up there again. Not quite sure where they'd put it but it would certainly be a good fit for the park. Darien would be another good choice, contingent on whatever Schlitterbahn plans to do with it.

cp2013

Roller Poster
The rumor I have been hearing is that it may end up at World's of fun. they are missing a launch coaster and haven't gotten a new coaster since Prowler in 2009. we're still looking for that 4th park in the Cedar fair chain and it would fit well (and I have gotten tired of the rumor of Knott's getting one). the big decider for me was the hint out of Kings dominion with the number "816" because it is the area code for KC.

GoIntamin

Roller Poster
I can see it coming to California's Great America. The teasers hint to a launched coaster. I have no idea the size of land they're clearing, though, so it could easily be for a larger project in there.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
The rumor I have been hearing is that it may end up at World's of fun. they are missing a launch coaster and haven't gotten a new coaster since Prowler in 2009. we're still looking for that 4th park in the Cedar fair chain and it would fit well (and I have gotten tired of the rumor of Knott's getting one). the big decider for me was the hint out of Kings dominion with the number "816" because it is the area code for KC.

To be fair, it can't be just fatigue. For some reason or another I'd also doubt any rumours saying Kanonen would go to Knott's.

Ben

CF Legend
God it'd be a kick in the balls to those parks if others in the chain are getting RMC and they get piece of **** Kanonen.

tomahawk

Strata Poster
I mean they literally have an accelerator 100 feet from the construction site. Then again, it wouldn't be the worst decision in that park. See everything since Xcelerator.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk