What's new

PortAventura | Ferrari Land | New Area

TilenB

Strata Poster
The website doesn't have tickets on sale as of yet, but it does split into Web and Ticket Booth options, which the image lacks for FL. I bet the shown price is for the web. Ticket Booth sales will easily surpass 100 €.

Sent from my VS820 using Tapatalk
When did PortAventura start selling cheaper tickets online (at least for a 1 day pass)?

Ben

CF Legend
Smithy I think you're right - it's a ploy to get people to buy that ticket.

That's obviously the ticket they want most people to buy so is what they make most attractive.

I'll be honest, I thought it was gonna be a lot more spiteful than that. I mean it's still not great but PA is a well priced park anyway so it's still not making it horrific.

oriolat2

Giga Poster
I wonder if they'll include FL when you're staying on site in one of the hotels?
No. At least next season, all guests will have to pay to get into FerrariLand. What they confirmed is that hotels would have discounted price on FL admission. Heck, even season passholders with the most expensive pass will still need to pay to get into FL.

Hang on, so that's 70€ for two days at both PAW and FL? For a park of PA's quality, I think that's a bargain! But I don't like the idea of two admission periods. Chuck on an extra 5€ and let everybody mince about all day.
It's about capacity. FerrariLand, being a *really* small park (I'd say max. park capacity won't even reach 10,000 guests) with very few rides, they need to cram as many people as possible in the shortest amount of time. With two admission periods, at least, they make sure than about 20,000 guests visit the park every day (considering that half of these people will go back or come from the main park), which could result in a serious bottleneck/admissions/operational nightmare if management don't handle it well.

Who wants to place bets on a FerrariLand Express Pass? lol I wouldn't be surprised. Golden opportunity for park management to make people fork out some extra € out of desperation. I can already picture half of guests queuing up for the Intamin and the rest of patrons wondering what to do besides walking in circles (like RCT peeps).

Dar

Hyper Poster
MiserableMonkey on TST has posted that PA are sending these opening hours to travel agents:
During the low season, the park will be open from 10:00-18:00. During the high season, the park will open for two daily sessions between the hours of 10:00-17:00 and 18:00-01:00.

Ben

CF Legend
I really doubt capacity will be as high as 10,000! It's only the size of a land at any other park, it won't be that high.

It's so weird I'm sort of looking forward to watching it unfold? I wouldn't want to manage it that's for sure!

Lofty

CF Legend
Yeah, I'd say capacity will only be around 8,000. The amount of the attractions for guests are also considered when capacity figures are being calculated, and there just isn't enough on offer to justify 10,000.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
8,000 people spilt between a coaster with 12-seater trains and a shot tower. Genius.

Tomatron

Giga Poster
That will be horrendous in the busy periods, even with the two opening slots and Port Aventura's decent operations.

Lofty

CF Legend
8,000 people spilt between a coaster with 12-seater trains and a shot tower. Genius.
The accelerator, car ride (x2), simulators/gaming and two shot towers, actually ;)

But yeah, your shady sentiment does fit, it won't be ideal whatsoever.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
It's funny, cos it's basically Ferrari World Abu Dhabi. Except it doesn't have Flying Aces, which is only genuinely great thing there.

Oh, and it's all outside.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
It doesn't have Flying Aces yet. Hopefully, this area is getting more investments in the future, as well as a few attractions that really make the trip worthwhile.

That being said... they already had Europe's tallest and Europe's fastest coasters there, before adding Europe's tallest and fastest coaster, so it's not like the place is completely without a draw factor. PortAventura seems like a very ambitious park, and hopefully Ferrari Land will see a few more coasters following the lineage of Shambala, Baco, Dragon Khan and whatever the hell this thing is going to be named (seriously, folks, do some marketing already).

Scott88

Hyper Poster
No. At least next season, all guests will have to pay to get into FerrariLand. What they confirmed is that hotels would have discounted price on FL admission. Heck, even season passholders with the most expensive pass will still need to pay to get into FL.

It's about capacity. FerrariLand, being a *really* small park (I'd say max. park capacity won't even reach 10,000 guests) with very few rides, they need to cram as many people as possible in the shortest amount of time. With two admission periods, at least, they make sure than about 20,000 guests visit the park every day (considering that half of these people will go back or come from the main park), which could result in a serious bottleneck/admissions/operational nightmare if management don't handle it well.

Who wants to place bets on a FerrariLand Express Pass? lol I wouldn't be surprised. Golden opportunity for park management to make people fork out some extra € out of desperation. I can already picture half of guests queuing up for the Intamin and the rest of patrons wondering what to do besides walking in circles (like RCT peeps).

So have they officially confirmed that pass holders will have to pay extra for Ferrari Land entry? I have emailed them and tweeted them about 100 times asking for clarity on that and it's something they don't want to answer at the moment.

oriolat2

Giga Poster
Latest rumours suggest it will be an extra 5 € everytime someone from the hotels or season pass holders want to get into FerrariLand.

Ben

CF Legend
It's funny, cos it's basically Ferrari World Abu Dhabi. Except it doesn't have Flying Aces, which is only genuinely great thing there.

Oh, and it's all outside.

I think it's safe to say Formula Rossa will piss all over that Intamin as well.

And it doesn't have the fab trackless dark ride.

So it's like Abu Dhabi without any decent rides. And TBH, the AD park aint all that when you take out the free key attractions.

God it's gonna suck.

Scott88

Hyper Poster
Latest rumours suggest it will be an extra 5 € everytime someone from the hotels or season pass holders want to get into FerrariLand.

Have they given out any further information about this?

I'm unsure if I need to pay in advance for opening day at Ferrari Land.

megasonic

Roller Poster

It seems to be even much more for hotel guests. On the spanisch website you can find information that adults have to pay 35 € (!!) for Ferrari Land. Kids go for 25 €.

But hey, if you book your stay until tomorrow you will get two tickets for Ferrari Land for free! :D

The website: https://www.barcelonapoint.com/es/port-aventura/hoteles-portaventura/

DelPiero

Strata Poster
Surely it will be named something else before opening, there's no way PA go with something that generic.