What's new

Cedar Point | Steel Vengeance | RMC I-Box (Mean Streak Conversion)

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
The entire lift hill track appears to have been removed now:

15208058_10208116582778848_1625101232_n.png

IG9887

Roller Poster
I don't understand this. Because it could so easily be done for next year. But it's not going to be?

When are they just gonna, stop and look at it for a while? Because I get that NTG took a year but that was the first, this just, I don't see why they couldn't be done by May?

Unless they randomly throw it open next year and :emoji_zipper_mouth: with us all (Jerry can be in on it haha)
I think this has to do with Goliath @ SFGAm. I think RMC doesn't want to build in the dead of winter in the great lakes region after Goliath after understanding the process of that rides construction progress.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
73501510.jpg

Cedar Point momentarily zoomed their Camera 3 onto Mean Streak, which a couple of folks were able to snapshot.

img_0626_0.png

img_0628_0.png

This could be the first sign of added height to the current structure, to (hopefully) reach the 200 ft. mark.

Ben

CF Legend
I think this has to do with Goliath @ SFGAm. I think RMC doesn't want to build in the dead of winter in the great lakes region after Goliath after understanding the process of that rides construction progress.

To be fair, they worked in the dead winter of Sweden after that, which is a lot worse!

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
^ There is also no lake effect snow in Sandusky, Ohio; you need to go to Eastside Cleveland to see higher average snowfall. Sandusky gets very cold in the winter, but nothing that cripples construction efforts; the biggest threat is frozen ground for drilling and laying of footers, which can be easily accommodated by laying that ground work before the winter season.

After all, Cedar Point was able to build Millennium Force during the off-season back in 99.

codeman94

Mega Poster
yeah its not like they are going to keep any of the old track. Even if they didn't change the layout at all, they'd still replace all of the track.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Hard to convert to new track if you don't take up the old.

The thing to pay closer attention to is how much of supports are removed - this will give us a better sense of layout as things progress.

codeman94

Mega Poster
of course all of this might just be a distraction so they can install a new heartline roll on Maverick without anyone noticing... lol

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Older photo, but a dig up of one that had been removed earlier. This photo helps show some of the new lift hill structure that has been added, which *hopefully* will be at a greater incline to provide a larger drop.

31626906451_2d007fb308.jpg

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Haha, I guess not. I have seen another image source posted elsewhere:

IMG_8116.jpg

ASteelersMidget

Roller Poster
So this is in CP's Holiday Video. In case their was anyone still doubting this should basically confirm that this is a 2018 project.

at 1:30 the screen says "
"Classified Document
2018 Capital Plan Enclosed
Prepared by Richard Michael Crosby"

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
Yes, it's definitely 2018 as RMC confirmed that they will not be opening any new coasters in 2017.