What's new

Six Flags new-for-2017 attractions announced

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
david morton said:
How about this for an aberration of an announcement video (guessing its the official video, reposted)
That is the official video since it's posted on the official Six Flags channel. :wink:

It's also the same one Six Flags Mexico sent me, but I didn't bother posting it on our YouTube channel since it's in Spanish and I'm so pissed off about what they're doing to one of my favorite coasters. :p

TMCoasters

Mega Poster
silenthillXD said:
Wow what an underwhelming year for Six Flags. I mean, sure the Joker clones look like great rides, but it's just a shame for them to constantly install clones. Not surprising one bit, but still a shame. The watercoaster and justice league rides are pretty neat too. I just think they've put the least amount of effort into this years line-up as they could. There's nothing here that excites or interests me. Nothing's technically bad, but nothing's interesting enough to draw anything more of a disappointed 'meh' out of me.

Here's hoping come the 16th the rumoured RMC Cedar Fair collaboration will come true otherwise that's one pretty disappointing year for both Six Flags and Cedar Fair.

Trust me... The free flies aren't great. Only been on Joker at GAdv, but it probably doesn't even make my top half. Such a short ride, and nothing great about it.

TMCoasters

Mega Poster
ECG said:
david morton said:
How about this for an aberration of an announcement video (guessing its the official video, reposted)
That is the official video since it's posted on the official Six Flags channel. :wink:

It's also the same one Six Flags Mexico sent me, but I didn't bother posting it on our YouTube channel since it's in Spanish and I'm so pissed off about what they're doing to one of my favorite coasters. :p

Yep... Exactly how I felt about the Superman The Ride VR. Still my second or third favorite, and the ride itself is just as good... but those lines...

silenthillXD

Hyper Poster
TMCoasters said:
Trust me... The free flies aren't great. Only been on Joker at GAdv, but it probably doesn't even make my top half. Such a short ride, and nothing great about it.

Ha in all fairness they're probably better than most of the creds in the UK. But interesting to hear another perspective on them.

Intricks

Strata Poster
From what Ive seen of folks talking about them - they are still hit or miss rides, just like the Zac-Spins.

I have some friends that swear by them, some that think they're meh, and others that feel they shouldnt exist.

Hutch

Strata Poster
Meh.

Wasn't expecting much but pretty surprised that they're :dontswear:ing down 3 free spins as opposed to one or two. My home park is getting one too…so… yay? :?

And I thought they couldn't do worse after putting VR on hypers and SLCs...

AshleyScared

Roller Poster
I'm not mad whatsoever. Considering that this IS Six Flags, its really not that bad. At least they didn't give us RMC/B&M-level hype for a kids area unlike a certain Cedar Fair park I know...

Howie

Donkey in a hat
To be fair, it's about time the Americans had a bum year. They've had it far too good for... well, forever really.
We've had 10 bum years in a row!

cjbrandy

Hyper Poster
Jheeze VR is like heroin to Six Flags, and I bet it'll be that last gen graphics fighter jet through generic city video again.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
So any chance they turn one of those Joker S&S 4Ds into a Total Mayhem? :razz:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2PC3vdalt_w[/youtube]

davidm

Strata Poster
VR* on a SLC anyone?
Key+art+-+Galactic+Attack.jpg

https://www.sixflags.com/discoverykingdom/attractions/new-revolution-galactic-attack

(* - well AR in fact, not just VR)

and the same VR/AR skin is going on the Revolution at SFMM;
http://investors.sixflags.com/news-and-events/press-releases/2017/02-08-2017-120019598
http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20170208005330/en/

Last edited: