What's new

Leon_K

Mega Poster
So the park's gone from having no real identity of its own... to having no real identity of its own. Can't wait to plan the road trip from World of Adventures in Chessington to Adventure World in Paris!

What confuses me is that they've dropped any reference to the movies in the name but doubled down on the concept in the new front half of the path. Something like Disney's Cinemagique Parc would've fit a lot better while still moving on from the cheap studio park feel but ah well, I'm sure we'll all get used to it.
Adventure World is the first name I would call my Planet Coaster park if I have no interest in taking time to come up with an original name and just want to go full Sandbox. With this name the park can just go any direction. The park can have a bright future, but Disney should watch out the park isn't going to be a second Disneyland Main Park with just random IP themed rides everywhere.

spicy

Giga Poster
Yeah the park has had a real identity crisis for a long time now.

Im not a huge fan of the "Disney Adventure World" name tbh. "Walt Disney's Adventure World" sounds better but whatever.

I just hope they implement the new "Adventure World" theme properly and it isn't just a mish mash of themes randomly slapped next to each other like it is currently. The left hand side can be "Marvel World" ride hand side "Pixar World" and actually differentiate the lands, something Disney is usually so good at doing.

They currently continue to do random things though, like the old Motors stunt spectacular show which is clearly in Avengers Campus is opening next month as an Alice in Wonderland show. And the new Finding Nemo show is in the theatre opposite Avengers Campus rather than in the theatre opposite Crush's Coaster..

I actually think Universal Bedford will open before this park actually resembles what you expect of a well themed Disney park.

cookie

Giga Poster
They currently continue to do random things though, like the old Motors stunt spectacular show which is clearly in Avengers Campus is opening next month as an Alice in Wonderland show.
I believe the ”Theatre of the Stars” stage as they now call it is being decoupled from the Backlot/Avengers Campus section of the park, and the entry is being moved to behind Tower of Terror, with the idea that it’ll be linked up with the ”Adventure Way” path leading to the lake once that’s completed.

1713290253386.jpeg

Crazycoaster

Giga Poster
I will never understand why anyone okayed the location of Tower of Terror, and sadly it’ll always be the thing that hinders any development of the park by being slap bang at the start of the park in such a central location.

The original floridian one was designed as a weinie at the end of a huge boulevard, California Adventures’s is at the back of the park, and Tokyo’s is near the start, but has it’s back against the edge of the park. But in Paris it’s in the centre, and while the front facade looks cool, the back does not, and sadly the back can be seen from the majority of the park sticking up like a concrete phallus.

RcTmix

Mega Poster
The new name sounds too much like “Disney’s Adventureland”

“Disney World’s of Adventure” works better to tie the different ip’s together, but as someone already said, that’s already been done more than once .

“Walt Disney World of Adventure?” No, that just makes the Florida resort sound like Walt Disney World of the Mundane.

What if each ip was called an island instead of a world? “Disney’s Islands of Adventure?” No, that’s rubbish. Nobody would name a park something like that.

Is it possible to have an “Adventure” based park name that doesn’t sound derivative?

Ollie

CF Legend
I love the concept but not keen on the name. I can see what they're aiming for but believe it'll create confusion with guests as it's very generic and feels too close to other parks/lands that Disney already own.
The Studios park has needed attention for years and right now it's just a maze of construction fences. But the development area at the back is huge and should finally make it into a full day park.
Not been to DLP since 2006 so excited to finally get back there next month for a 5 day stint.