What's new

Kings Dominion | Unknown | B&M Launched Wing Coaster | 2025

Fiender

Mega Poster
KingDragon38 posted this to R/Rollercoasters today, apparently posted in a discord, and taken by someone with access to the company who makes airgates for Cedar Fair. I'm curious how this will shape up with Canada's Wonderland possible getting a near-identical coaster, which will blast through their mountain, Volcano Blast Coaster style.

https://www.reddit.com/r/rollercoasters/comments/16wiz7i
EDIT: Attached the pictures in question to the post.

Attachments

• yfi29ucnrgrb1.jpg
    yfi29ucnrgrb1.jpg
    156.4 KB · Views: 158
  • xqmbk0dnrgrb1.jpg
    xqmbk0dnrgrb1.jpg
    143.9 KB · Views: 155
  • 9wdpttcnrgrb1.jpg
    9wdpttcnrgrb1.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 153

Lori Marie Loud

Giga Poster
Canada's Wonderland possible getting a near-identical coaster, which will blast through their mountain, Volcano Blast Coaster style.
That wasn't a wing. That was a launched Invert. That said the Concert Coaster also on that survey was an actual launched wing.

TPoseOnTantrum

Giga Poster
I will never understand it... every time. :D
Not too long ago I tracked down some theme park project supplies awaiting shipment at the port and anonymously posted photos online. That client also just so happened to be a ****ing Middle Eastern government pouring HUGE dollars into tourism. Two things happened really quickly; the pics were purged from the site and the port received orders from the suppliers to physically cut out the project names of each label. Bye bye Future Updates, but I didn’t attach it to social media and thus was able to sidestep any actual consequences.

The guy on the other hand at the very least didn’t sign an NDA, but he’s still going around asking some people to take the image down. It’s baffling that this isn’t even the first time this has happened this year. It was a very sloppy leak - you can see a shoe and it was through Discord of all places - and can easily be traced back, with serious consequences for his career and credibility. Lesson here again is don’t leak stuff.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
To me it shows a complete lack of respect for your work, your clients and your colleagues.

Someone spotting (or tracking down a shipment of, in your case @TPoseOnTantrum) track essentially 'in public' and posting something is entirely fair game, in my opinion. That's not really leaking something, the onus there is on the shipper (for example) to appropriately label their stuff. That's completely different to snapping a photo of some confidential plans in your office and then posting them online.

@Lofty is right - I am covered generically by my employer's NDA agreements with our clients (in general, the details of all of my work is essentially under an NDA unless I have specific permission to share it), and this is commonplace in the UK (and I would assume a lot of the rest of the world too).

Looks like a bit of snoozefest to me, nothing we haven't seen before. Would have loved to see B&M give a launched invert a go, considering Cedar Fair is hesitant to work with Intamin. Then again, Alpengeist is down the road, so I think the reason for the wing was to have something you can't get at BGW.

TPoseOnTantrum

Giga Poster
Had a quick look and couldn't see a pre-existing thread.
Hate to be that guy but it's there, just a bit far back;

Fair warning, this file managed to crash both my laptop and phone multiple times and hasn't sat well on other people's ends either. Click at your own risk 🤪

CaliAngel

Roller Poster
Would have loved to see B&M give a launched invert a go, considering Cedar Fair is hesitant to work with Intamin.

Now THAT would have been absolutely awesome! Especially with B&M foundations.

Like others have said, this doesn't seem to be anything that will be close to what Volcano was. There's just something about B&M wingriders that aren't that thrilling to me. It's like they get dumbed down due to the design of the wing trains.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Now THAT would have been absolutely awesome! Especially with B&M foundations.

Like others have said, this doesn't seem to be anything that will be close to what Volcano was. There's just something about B&M wingriders that aren't that thrilling to me. It's like they get dumbed down due to the design of the wing trains.
Out of curiosity have you ridden Thunderbird? That one generally gets the most praise out of all of them and should be the one we are comparing this one to.

Youngster Joey

Strata Poster
Thunderbird is an incredible ride and not close the best of the wingriders. If this is anything like that or better it'll be a great addition to the park.

CaliAngel

Roller Poster
Out of curiosity have you ridden Thunderbird? That one generally gets the most praise out of all of them and should be the one we are comparing this one to.
Yes.

I thought it was fairly mundayne. The elements are just so drawn out, and they circuit at such a mediocre pace.

To be honest I thought Wild Eagle at Dollywood was much better.

emoo

Hyper Poster
If it helps, which I'm sure it doesn't - Volcano was massively overrated. Still a really fun ride, absolutely, but can easily be replaced by something that works often and doesn't look horrendous in photos or in person.

Thunderbird is one of the better Wing coasters because of the launch and Wild Eagle is fine.

cookie

Giga Poster
Groundbreaking has commenced, it appears.

2025-coaster-kings-dominion-officially-under-construction-v0-g6u1dii7tbqc1.jpeg

https://www.reddit.com/r/rollercoasters/comments/1bmrs34