What's new

Paultons Park | Tornado Springs | New Area | 2021

AJ

Giga Poster
This area is looking so lush! So weird to think that the last time I visited the biggest attraction was the Runaway Train (that, at the time I was TERRIFIED of).
Those adult seats on the driving school cars are cool. Would deffs be sat on the back slapping other drivers in passing, in the hope that they turn their cars around and head back to Winnipeg.

Climb

Mega Poster
They are truly coming into their own. Their last two themed areas really have come out so nicely. I hope in the future years they look back on the less themed/developed areas of the park and add to them. Hope when things become a bit more normal that Tornado Springs is a huge success for them because they deserve it.

Niles

Giga Poster
A little while back I listened to Lawrence Mancey ( Assistant Marketing and IT Manager at Paultons ) on a podcast, It’s interesting to hear his thoughts on Paultons.

podcast:

Some of the things he said were, if he could have any coaster at Paultons it would be hagrids.

He likes his coasters and has ridden a lot.

Sadly he did not say much on the new construction. But said if you know the industry you can make a good guess at what we are building.

They have plans for the next 4-5 years, but nothing is set in stone.

They also want to continue to retheme areas of the park working on old attractions and bringing in new ones, keeping a good level of themeing across the park.

He is part of the family that owns the park and it nice to know that they have a passion for theme parks and want to keep investing and improving there’s bringing it to a standard they can be proud of. As it’s my home park I can say they really have come into there own and I cannot wait to see what they do in the future.

Last edited:

InsomniaMelon

Mega Poster
A little while back I listened to Lawrence Mancey ( Assistant Marketing and IT Manager at Paultons ) on a podcast, It’s interesting to hear his thoughts on Paultons.

podcast:

Some of the things he said were, if he could have any coaster at Paultons it would be hagrids.

He likes his coasters and has ridden a lot.

Sadly he did not say much on the new construction. But said if you know the industry you can make a good guess at what we are building.

They have plans for the next 4-5 years, but nothing is set in stone.

They also want to continue to retheme areas of the park working on old attractions and bringing in new ones, keeping a good level of themeing across the park.

He is part of the family that owns the park and it nice to know that they have a passion for theme parks and want to keep investing and improving there’s bringing it to a standard they can be proud of. As it’s my home park I can say they really have come into there own and I cannot wait to see what they do in the future.

I first visited the park about 10 years ago and it’s incredible how much it has changed. When I went, Peppa Pig World was still being built and there was little to no theming. Now they have high quality themed worlds and many more rides. It’s improved loads!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

InsomniaMelon

Mega Poster
I have just seen that Google Earth Pro has updated the satellite view over Paultons to now show Tornado Springs. The image was taken in April 2020, meaning most of the area is finished in the image but some things - such as the driving school - are still incomplete. I have attached images of before and after in the same place allowing for a before and after comparison. Unfortunately, the image is too old to show the new foundations seen a few weeks ago. Nevertheless, the images show the huge transformation of the site and the rerouting of the Rio Grande train through the site. A building has also been demolished close to the park entrance which I believe is where the foundations for the rumoured coaster were spotted.

Attachments

• Tornado Springs July 2018.jpg
    Tornado Springs July 2018.jpg
    176.2 KB · Views: 84
  • Tornado Springs April 2020.jpg
    Tornado Springs April 2020.jpg
    188.5 KB · Views: 85

VonRolland

Hyper Poster
The park has just revealed an advert for Tornado Springs.

In my personal opinion, I'm not the biggest fan of the advert, as it looks a bit 'green-screen'. Take a look for yourself below 👇

I also think March 19th is certainly optimistic, but who knows in the current climate!
Good lord the CGI is so lacklustre & awful, granted they don't stack up in terms of other parks advertising budget's but wow

JoshC.

Strata Poster
I like it. Looks good, and the right level of cheesey.

If anyone is looking for a drinking game during lockdown though, I suggest taking a shot every time "Storm Chaser(s)" is said in that video.

MillenniumT

Roller Poster
Yes it is clearly heavily green screened but I think its also fair to remember the main target market audience for this is families/children. The main focus will be to grab kids attention and be like "Oh Mum/Dad can we go there!?" etc I cant imagine them being sat there eye rolling at the use of greenscreens 😂. Another point to mention is the park have been sat on a large investment which they are yet to start reaping the rewards for, considering the year we have all just had its hard to be too critical on the budget they could of had for a making the video. Yes for us enthusiasts a nice glossy advert would be ideal But overall I think its good and I like it.

InsomniaMelon

Mega Poster
Another thing no one has mentioned re the advert is filming an advert is more difficult this year due to Covid. Given how long the area has sat there ready to go, if they could I imagine much more of the advert would be in the area itself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Howie

Donkey in a hat
Can't help thinking that the opening date of March 19th is a tad optimistic. Got 5 more 5 weeks of full lockdown to go yet, and even then BloJo was only planning to have primary schools open by then, and even that was only "hopefully".
But restaurants in amusement parks? Nah man, not likely.

Will

Strata Poster
^
As much as I'm clinging to this place as the only thing worth looking forward to for the forseeable, I can't help agreeing.

At least those pictures are more exciting news than the road markings though ;)

JoshC.

Strata Poster
Yeah I personally don't expect any UK parks to open in March. Don't blame them for advertising March opening dates in case things dramatically improve / the government lets them open. Plus, in general the parks face the issue of recruitment and training during lockdown (and the further issue of trying to convince staff the join and risk not getting furlough money if lockdown extends further..).

Anyway, I've gone wildly off topic. Road looks like a road. Diner looks like a diner. Good job.