What's new

Small News From The Theme Park Industry

Matt N

CF Legend
Sounds interesting, and could be good fun! Admittedly I’ve never ridden a motorbike coaster before, but they look like good fun, and I’ll be intrigued to see how one with inversions works out!

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
It was a variant of their motocoaster that was capable of inversions.

It looked hideous.

Tweet(s) have been deleted now, though.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Not sure if this is small news, but Gröna Lund have put out a post on their social medias stating, in short, if they can't open in Spring 2021 then they will be forced into bankruptcy:-

I know this post is in Swedish, but it basically states that the park haven't been given any indication on when they can reopen, even though parks in the rest of Europe have been allowed to. They also haven't been receiving any financial support from the government, so if they aren't able to reopen in Spring next year, then they will likely be forced into bankruptcy.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
The theme park side of this is obviously very pertinent to us, but when I see things like that I always wonder how far reaching the impacts are. Without support the entire 'culture & leisure'* industry is at stake, which would be a massive blow to the whole country.

Fingers crossed the talk of vaccines and a generally brighter outlook ahead may help things get agreed to allow Grona Lund to open in 2021 - even if only in a limited capacity to start with.

*creds are obviously culture, in case anyone was wondering.

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
Northern Ireland's 'Barry's Amusements' have put their Pinfari looper up for sale.

The park did not open this year due to COVID and is actually itself up for sale at the moment. However the owners said in 2019 they wanted to find a new owner who would keep it running. Whether the pandemic has changed things remains to be seen. Certainly the sale of their main iconic attraction doesn't look good...

Barry's Amusements is/was? actually the oldest running amusements park in Ireland.

Gazza

Giga Poster
So Australia is getting 6 new creds next year...Leviathan, the Blue Fire clone, Hot Racer +2 others at Luna Park.
1606361076150.png

The 6th is a new version Reverchon spinner for Aussie World with a fan turn between the drops rather than the usual flat section.
But what is slightly wild is the launched lift a bit like Tornado at Bakken, except this one slows at the top so you dont get smashed into the 1st turn.

Professor

Previously AndrewRollercoaster
Loopings reporting that two shows at Disneyland Paris will not come back at all:
Moteurs....Action!
and Buffalo Bill's Wild West Show.

We all knew the car stunt show would close eventually at Disney Paris and perhaps Covid accelerated this. I've seen it quite a few times and although the stunts are good I found last year the show definitely got more boring.

But I'm quite surprised to hear about Buffalo Bill's closing, it's been going since the Disneyland park opened in 1992. I've been twice and it is great fun with decent food.
Thought it was relatively popular too.
Perhaps the arena will be used to host another and more modernised Disney dine in show after heavy re-theming. But with the lack of animal usage such as horses as in a wild west show, it becomes a bit tricky to imagine what could be done instead I guess. Perhaps it will go in the direction of ice / skating & Frozen?

Correction: I mistook the date for next year. The shows are already canned and won't come back!

Last edited:

cookie

Giga Poster
Tbh I assumed Moteurs was going to close along with RnR for the Marvel re-do of both, but when it stayed open long after the latter shut I got unsure of what the plan was.

It was a nice show but hasn't aged gracefully imo. Will be interested in seeing what the Marvel re-do does for it.