What's new

Ethan

Strata Poster
From the two videos posted on this page, particularly the first, I actually think this looks pretty great! Some of those transitions look pretty snappy and the airtime hill after the first loop looks great. It does seem to die down near the end, but it all still looks better than Icon so I can't complain haha.

bob_3_

Giga Poster
but this isn't really being marketed towards families.

RCDB isn't marketing. They litterally said..on the news... on media day "the great thing about this ride is it's fun for all the family as it has a lower height restriction"

Like that's what they said... ON TV ... TO MARKET THE RIDE....

You can argue that the stats and size of the thing, plus launches and inversions are not "family". But it's clear if you saw any promotion yesterday that the light hearted nature and their LITTERAL wording of the press matieral made it extremely clear who they want this ride to appeal to.

zazobo

Hyper Poster
I think it looks like a great addition? When is a Mack hyper ever a bad thing? It'll be totally different to the rest of the line up and looks really fun. Can't wait to ride it when I get out there.

UP87

Mega Poster
Even Blue Fire is no mega coaster (even though it has Megacoaster in its name)

(Mack Rides uses the name Megacoaster for this coaster type but before that intamin used mega coaster for their hyper coasters and that's the more common use)

bob_3_

Giga Poster
There's marketing terms (giga, strata, hyper, freefall drop coaster... all that stuff) which tends to help consumers understand what the ride's USP is and then and the actual manufacturer ride model which the name given to the parks from the designer. And both rarely really match up.

This is a MACK Mega Coaster. It is also a Double-launched Coaster

Also.. Fury 325's model is a B&M Hyper Coaster, but it's marketed as a Giga Coaster.

I get bored of these arguments, so can we started accepting that most coasters fall under two correct names, one from the designer, one from the park.

zazobo

Hyper Poster
I was referring to their marketing name. Either way- don’t care what it’s called, a Mack launch/mega coaster is never a bad thing.

EthanCoaster

Mega Poster
Just rode it tonight, It’s an extremely fun coaster. I don’t have any other Mack Megas to compare it to, as I’m not as well-traveled as most on this site, but while it’s not very intense, it’s super-rerideable, and I’d probably rank it above Intimidator at the park.

The second launch was a tad-bit disappointing though.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Just rode it tonight, It’s an extremely fun coaster. I don’t have any other Mack Megas to compare it to, as I’m not as well-traveled as most on this site, but while it’s not very intense, it’s super-rerideable, and I’d probably rank it above Intimidator at the park.
Where would you say overall then, third?

The second launch was a tad-bit disappointing though.
Aww that's a bummer. I was hoping for a cool airtime launch sensation. Maybe we'll have to wait for the Intamins for that.

bob_3_

Giga Poster

Aww that's a bummer. I was hoping for a cool airtime launch sensation. Maybe we'll have to wait for the Intamins for that.

Turbo Track in Ferrari World is abit... non-airtimey. But yeah the Parc Astrix one looks like it'll have more punch.

EthanCoaster

Mega Poster

Yes, it’s probably the third best in the park. I enjoy Fury and Afterburn more, since they’re more intense, but I think it slightly edges out Intimidator (though not by much).

Since I don’t have any other Macks to compare it to, to me, it felt a bit like a slightly more intense version of a Gerstlauer eurofighter, but launched. Does anyone else feel this way about Icon?

FistedColossus

Hyper Poster
Yes, it’s probably the third best in the park. I enjoy Fury and Afterburn more, since they’re more intense, but I think it slightly edges out Intimidator (though not by much).

Since I don’t have any other Macks to compare it to, to me, it felt a bit like a slightly more intense version of a Gerstlauer eurofighter, but launched. Does anyone else feel this way about Icon?
Icon is definitely not intense imo, it's a better coaster than 99% of eurofighters, but not more intense.

Kw6sTheater

Hyper Poster
I rode it last night as well. An 8.5/10 in my book. Here's the scoop;
Positives
- Copperhead Strike has 3 great moments of hangtime; respectively the heartline roll, 1st loop and cutback/inverted tophat.
- The launches were more forceful than I was expecting at first.
- The airtime hill after the first loop gives some very solid ejector air.
- The queue has some pretty solid theming attempts for being at a regional park. There are several tiny little details present all around.

Negatives

- There is no resemblance of airtime on the second launch.
- Copperhead Strike's layout seemed to emulate lots of whippy and fast transitions, however, in real life this is not the case.
- It didn't disappoint my expectations, but Copperhead Strike didn't exceed them either.

Copperhead Strike is probably my 3rd favorite coaster at Carowinds, just behind Afterburn and Fury 325 - however, it's not in my top 20.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
I rode it last night as well. An 8.5/10 in my book. Here's the scoop;
Positives
- Copperhead Strike has 3 great moments of hangtime; respectively the heartline roll, 1st loop and cutback/inverted tophat.
- The launches were more forceful than I was expecting at first.
- The airtime hill after the first loop gives some very solid ejector air.
- The queue has some pretty solid theming attempts for being at a regional park. There are several tiny little details present all around.

Negatives

- There is no resemblance of airtime on the second launch.
- Copperhead Strike's layout seemed to emulate lots of whippy and fast transitions, however, in real life this is not the case.
- It didn't disappoint my expectations, but Copperhead Strike didn't exceed them either.

Copperhead Strike is probably my 3rd favorite coaster at Carowinds, just behind Afterburn and Fury 325 - however, it's not in my top 20.
Does the loose bit of the seatbelt slap you in the face on the ride, as some people have been reporting?

Kw6sTheater

Hyper Poster
I didn't remember that. My only ride was in the very back. I would've liked to go back for a re-ride and to meet Pear, but I had just gotten out of a 75 minute wait... while this may not sound bad at first, I was in the front half of the crowd and therefore I didn't have to wait for as long. I saw after getting off that the line had stretched OUT of the extended queuing area, spilling onto the path all the way down to Mountain Gliders' entry.