What's new

IOA | Hagrid's Motorbike Adventure | Intamin LSM Launch (Dragon Challenge replacement)

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
I don't know about you, but I think they could've done a little more with the name...
1550796791944.png

Created by someone from Discord.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Looks like there will be a seating position difference between the motorbike and side-car - although it's much less than I was expecting to see. Can't wait to see those trains up close.

NHjSWNh.png

JoshC.

Strata Poster
What's left to announce? Just the opening date?

Unless I've missed it, I don't think there's been any official announcement on what the ride is? Obviously we know, but does the wider audience know?

If that's the case, several things still to be announced (though I imagine the opening date will be one of those things)

JoshC.

Strata Poster
Damn yeah, you're right. Clearly have short term memory..

So yeah, I imagine the details are more about what the coaster is, what magical creatures you'll encounter, etc.

Ethan

Strata Poster
Hmmm not sure how I feel about this. I don't know if I like that the Fluffy scene is open air, as well as the launch and stall after this scene. I don't know if it was always planned this way or if budget cuts took over but I'm not a fan as of yet. Hopefully I'm sold on it once it's open and ready.

Jamesss

Hyper Poster
I am just going to say it... I am not entirely sold on the theming. It's just trees and generic buildings and the fake moss department seem to be having a field day. I am sure the coaster itself will be fun but the theming just seems lacking in detail and character to me, at least the outdoor portions of it that we can see.

Kalistos

Mega Poster
The theming from that far looks a bit flat, but the overall experience still sounds exceptionnal if there is no people walking within that area, it would be a first time to have such a gigantic themed ride working by itself.
If I wasn't sold at the beginning of this project, I'm getting more and more attracted by its potential.

FistedColossus

Hyper Poster
Let's wait until it's finished before judging the theming, that's the problem with these ariel shots of construction sites.

With JK Rowling at the reigns there's no way it will be crap, she would throw a hissy fit.

Hiljers

Roller Poster
Thats the point! I mean, Arial views can be very, very cool, but on construction sites you don´t get the right feeling, I don´t know how to say.
I like the idea of no pathways within the area, but I hope we get some good points for photos/videos of the ride.

EthanCoaster

Mega Poster
I’m actually anticipating this more than any other coaster in 2019, and Copperhead Strike is opening at my home park. I’ve always had Big Grizzly Mountain as one of my bucket list coasters, and since I doubt I’ll get to Hong Kong anytime soon, this looks somewhat similar to it. Only this looks more thrilling, with a drop track and a wider variety of animatronics.

Lofty

CF Legend
Hmmm not sure how I feel about this. I don't know if I like that the Fluffy scene is open air, as well as the launch and stall after this scene. I don't know if it was always planned this way or if budget cuts took over but I'm not a fan as of yet. Hopefully I'm sold on it once it's open and ready.
I don't think budget cuts are really a thing with UOR, especially when it comes to Potter. We don't actually know if there were ever plans for it to be inside, it was just enthusiasts with their predictions that stated so.