What's new

Walibi Belgium ready for its transformation!

VikingsAf

Mega Poster
Genuine question - is there a reason they refer to the character as a kangaroo rather than, you know, a wallaby?
Because the parc isn't called Walaby but Walibi (from Wavre-Limal-Binche, the 3 neighbouring villages) ;p The Kangooroo is all pure coincidence... (Tbf I just think they chose the Kangooroo over the Walaby, because a Kangooroo is "cooler", where a walaby is "cuter")

My tought is rather; "This new Wab (if it's still called so) looks less Teenage/Rebel and more cute, Is Walibi shifting it's gears towards more family oriented groups than groups of Teens?"
In fact it would be logic, as well themed parks don't attract teens because they just want thrills, and Walibi is looking to shift towards a more themed/immersive environment than it was before. Ofcourse the themes and revamps could all be overexagerated and it all ends up pretty bland.

KristofWB

Hyper Poster
7FAB36C4-1168-4443-AB1C-D54528D5B4C1.jpeg I think this might be the new look of the new Walibi character, as there appeared to be more sketches from the kangaroo.

By the way, the reason why they choose a kangaroo is because the name Walibi looks sounds alot like ‘wallaby’. And since wallabies are family from kangaroo...
Besides, the park actually almost never refers to the mascot as ‘the orange kangaroo’, but actually as ‘Walibi’, which is his actual name.

Nel Iglesias

Roller Poster
View attachment 4363 I think this might be the new look of the new Walibi character, as there appeared to be more sketches from the kangaroo.

By the way, the reason why they choose a kangaroo is because the name Walibi looks sounds alot like ‘wallaby’. And since wallabies are family from kangaroo...
Besides, the park actually almost never refers to the mascot as ‘the orange kangaroo’, but actually as ‘Walibi’, which is his actual name.

I do not share any "real" thoughts about stuff Walibi makes etc... But I really feel like I need to be honest with this one: I don't like it. It's not a good cup of tea, this one will definitily rot like the WAB & The Skunx. They could ATLEAST use the same mascot. I don't really think this will be a step forward because this one doesn't even look anything like Walibi...

And don't get me wrong, I am not saying that what they are doing is anything but bad (because we always need to evolve in some kind of way) but I genuinely think this is not "IT". This looks more like a fox to me...

Behind the point of giving my 'thought', I really like seeing them trying to find something new to work with, this means that they really look forward using a mascot! ;-)

KristofWB

Hyper Poster
Behind the point of giving my 'thought', I really like seeing them trying to find something new to work with, this means that they really look forward using a mascot! ;-)

I think Walibi Belgium always did. Might be because alot of Belgian people have grown up with the kangaroo. I remember, when I was young, somewhere in the early 90's, the kangaroo was everywhere. He was in supermarkets for a meet and greet, many kids had a Walibi duvetcover, the park supported 'Sport on School', which means that there were many materials used in school, such as set squares had a kangaroo on it, keychains with Walibi were everywhere...

Even in the park...with the kangaroo from 2005 till 2010, they had it running around in the park constantly. The poor thing even took coaster rides. I remember the kangaroo used to be on rides such as Calamity Mine. The new and ugly one they still use even had rides on Psyké Underground.

KristofWB

Hyper Poster
bollywood resto 2.png bollywood resto 3.png

Bollywood resto.png
According to an annual attendance report of Compagnie des Alpes, Walibi Belgium has reached the bar of over 1.000.000 visitors since they acquired the park in 2006.

Walibi Holland on the other hand had another loss of 30.000 visitors, compared to the 850.000 visitors they had in 2017.

Also at the top of this post, some new concept art for the Walibi Belgium Indian restaurant opening later this year!

Pictures by Walactu Belgium

Last edited:

KristofWB

Hyper Poster
215080F9-68E9-4AF5-8712-942E7D69ED6C.jpeg The building that will house Popcorn Revenge and is home to Halloween maze ‘Lumberjack’ is taking shape, aswell as the new Indian restautant. If you look closely, you can also see they placed a stairs as second entrance to the (extremely wet) rapid river Radja River!

KristofWB

Hyper Poster
Sorry for the double post...Yelle from ThemeParkVision made some pictures while visiting Aqualibi and shared them on TPV’s forum...

The former station from Boomerang coaster, which was an ugly tent, has finally removed to be replaced with a solid and firm station!

22A6BBB5-5120-406E-BC05-BD48D3C71719.jpeg

Cobra is ready for a complete re-paint to fit the theme of Karma World. The coaster will get a beige/brown and golden colorscheme!

3426CA04-1B67-43FB-99FA-B803234C2400.jpeg

The first theming for Karma World is on site! Don’t know if this is for the restaurant or Popcorn Revenge!

185D5320-B66D-433B-9A0E-2C95E693F974.jpeg

Pictures by Yelle Kleykens on www.pretparken.be

JoshC.

Strata Poster
52937474_1599366883542486_4438347099775434752_o.jpg

Some more details about the kiddie cred, from Fan Club Walibi

Nel Iglesias

Roller Poster
FUNPILOTSTATS3.png

Here is the same pic in good quality and without that stupid typo.
:)

Why did I "repost" this one? Well because if we know more about this ride this picture will be updated in our server.
I created a share point for only all admins on my page, they can edit the pictures 24/7 to keep everything as up to date as possible...