What's new

Walibi Holland | Untamed | RMC Robin Hood Conversion

Howie

Donkey in a hat
You know what type of inversion doesn't get enough love these days? The good, old fashioned vertical loop-de-loop. Schilke's new fangled stalls and high-speed barrell rolls through dense wooden supports are all well and good, but you can't beat the original, up and over sensation of a vertical loop. I realise that that's easier said than done - the support structure of an existing woodie probably doesn't lend itself well to the inclusion of a loop-de-loop - but I'd love to see one on a built-from-scratch RMC one day.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
You know what type of inversion doesn't get enough love these days? The good, old fashioned vertical loop-de-loop. Schilke's new fangled stalls and high-speed barrell rolls through dense wooden supports are all well and good, but you can't beat the original, up and over sensation of a vertical loop. I realise that that's easier said than done - the support structure of an existing woodie probably doesn't lend itself well to the inclusion of a loop-de-loop - but I'd love to see one on a built-from-scratch RMC one day.
I reckon they just do a big steel arch a bit like Wildfire's lift and slot the loop in that way. No need for all that messy timber in there!

Luca B

Mega Poster
Schilke said that he doesn’t want to make vertical loops because he believes that they are overused and are not dynamic enough. I do think that a vertical loop could work on a Raptor though, but definitely not an I-Box or Topper Track.

Anac0nda

Mega Poster
Would be epic to have the world's first double-zero-g-roll!

Untamed is definitely on my 2019 to-do list. Wildfire and NTaG were so good I expect nothing less even if this is much smaller in size.

Xerenetox

Roller Poster
46291563684_1ef4b59f6c_b.jpg

JoshC.

Strata Poster
An interesting look at some concept art for the entrance of the new area that will come with Untamed, sourced from Looopings:

060219ontwspa.jpg

It's not the final design necessarily, but it's an interesting concept. I guess the idea is a rusted machine which will have been abandoned and taken over by overgrown wilderness? Looks very Smiler mind

Kw6sTheater

Hyper Poster
I feel like it's not necessarily a bad thing that Untamed will focus on inversions. This offers an opportunity to show us exactly how good Alan is at designing RMC multiloopers instead of RMC airtime machines.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Why have they got those separate metal beams under the ones connecting the track at the crest?
I have a feeling i's for the chain return device and possibly some other gubbins at the top of the lift hill. You can see a platform on other RMCs at the top, which could be something similar.

1772835124297514890_3542779767.jpg

latest

I do wonder, why the UK flag?

US flag for RMC
NL flag for Vekoma/Walibi
UK flag for ?!?
I don't think it is a UK flag, though. Maybe just a bad angle, but there doesn't look like there's enough red for the UK flag.