What's new

Orlando Size Restrictions/Restraints

silenthillXD

Hyper Poster
Hi everyone. Myself and a friend have booked a holiday to Orlando next year to visit all of the parks and resorts and we were wondering if anyone has any advice on size restrictions when it comes to fitting on rides/restraints. My friend has unfortunately faced huge issues fitting on rides in the UK and struggled at Thorpe, only being able to ride Saw and sadly only just missed out on Stealth (admittedly we didn't try Colossus... because it's Colossus). She has been fine with most rides at Disneyland Paris though struggles with the new restraints on HyperSpace Mountain despite being fine with the RNR ones. So does anyone have any personal experience they'd be able to share regarding fitting on rides at the following?

• Magic Kingdom - Assuming there shouldn't be any issues here?
  • EPCOT - Again assuming there's no issues here?
  • Hollywood Studios - Again assuming there's no issues here?
  • Animal Kingdom - How restrictive is Flight of Passage? When I rode it I saw some average build people get turned away, while larger people got allowed on. Any tips we should know?
  • Universal Studios - Assuming Revenge of the Mummy and Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit could be potential issues?
  • Islands of Adventure - Assuming Hulk, Forbidden Journey and Dr Doom may be problematic?
  • Sea World & Busch - Considering my friend had issues with the Thorpe B&M's do Busch/SeaWorld have larger seats? Also how forgiving are Cheetah Hunt, Falcons Fury and the prospective RMC Gwazi and Tigris?
  • Fun Spot Kissimee - Anyone have any experience with how forgiving the GG restraints are on MineBlower?

CanobieFan

Strata Poster
[*]Magic Kingdom - Assuming there shouldn't be any issues here?
Seven dwarfs mine train might be a tighter fit. Tall people also have issues with that sometimes.

[*]EPCOT - Again assuming there's no issues here?
Soarin' and Test Track have seatbelts but both should be pretty easy to get on.

[*]Hollywood Studios - Again assuming there's no issues here?
Tower of Terror belt, but if they can do it at Paris it should be fine. RnRC would be the same as DLP

[*]Animal Kingdom - How restrictive is Flight of Passage? When I rode it I saw some average build people get turned away, while larger people got allowed on. Any tips we should know?
Very hit or miss, seems more women than men end up not fitting. Not sure if they added a test seat or not. I believe they were going to but I rarely visit that Park.

[*]Universal Studios - Assuming Revenge of the Mummy and Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit could be potential issues?
Mummy and gringotts would be less forgiving than Rockit.

[*]Islands of Adventure - Assuming Hulk, Forbidden Journey and Dr Doom may be problematic?
All three have a test seat. Hulk even has the "big boy" seats common on most B&M's

[*]Sea World & Busch - Considering my friend had issues with the Thorpe B&M's do Busch/SeaWorld have larger seats? Also how forgiving are Cheetah Hunt, Falcons Fury and the prospective RMC Gwazi and Tigris?
pretty much all the Busch gardens and SeaWorld rides have a test seat.

[*]Fun Spot Kissimee - Anyone have any experience with how forgiving the GG restraints are on MineBlower?
With no belt, the lapbar is pretty forgiving, unlike the GCI at the other Fun Spot that seems tighter than average

tomahawk

Strata Poster
Did a trip in September, and can speak to experience.

MK, Epcot there are no issues. I'd say same for Hollywood Studios. Everything quite forgiving.

Flight of Passage may be an issue due to thighs. I have power thighs as well as not being small, but I was able to get on it. Had no idea it was restrictive.

Sea World: Test sets at all attractions. I was fine in any seat for Manta, because where restraints hit for flyers is different. Row 5 on Kraken has a big boy seat. Mako back row, outside seat is apparently the seat as well. Rode their twice.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

SwitchbackFanboy742

Roller Poster
I know my grandpa is tall, and he was unable to do flight of passage because of how tall he is. Id assume there arent any issues with GG's trains acceptaing larger people, those trains have a giant lap bar that is designed so that it can fit a large variety of people. Same deal id assume for Rip Ride. Forbidden Journey is funky, as the ride is much more intense and agressive than you may expect it to be, and I do know many people who have gotten denied on it and beware, it is the ride i know the most enthusiasts i know have gotten sick on. RMC trains can be hard for many people and may be uncomftorable if you are larger just from how aggressive the rides are, but most rides at Disney should be okay, maybe except for Flight of Passage if your legs are large and RNRC which is just closer to normal OTSR restricitons. I think most of the B&Ms have a few larger seats.