What's new

New rides @ small parks

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
Yeah Aconcagua was cut up :(
There is a free royalty 3D version of Aconcagua available for many CAD programs and i think parks just use the model for their visualisations as its free.
Luna Park in Macedonia did the same as seen here.
LunaSkop.jpg

TilenB

Strata Poster
Yeah Aconcagua was cut up :(
There is a free royalty 3D version of Aconcagua available for many CAD programs and i think parks just use the model for their visualisations as its free.
Luna Park in Macedonia did the same as seen here.
View attachment 4499
Hah, I knew I saw Aconcagua in some artwork before. Any idea on what's currently going on with that park? I can't find much news after the initial announcement...

TilenB

Strata Poster
C/P from my post in the 2019 Trip Plans topic

And now how convenient for this to just pop up on RCDB.... https://rcdb.com/17109.htm
Joyland in Lubbock TX seems to be getting a Cavazza Diego Blizzard coaster, a first for the US for both ride model and manufacturer.
Hm, I wonder if this is actually the coaster from Taiwan. I can't really get much info from that park's website, but there's a note that mechanical rides have been closed before the last Summer season and I can't see the coaster on the park map they have.

Y. Kim

Mega Poster
First, T Express allows riders not to take off the ride once and they allow riders ride T Express twice without taking off even in busy days. It's called "Double T Express" But capacity is 1440》720 so longer wait time so Everland operates this service fron 18:00 to 19:00.

E-World in South Korea is constructing a 103m drop tower. Looks like 103m drop ranked in 4th highest drop length for drop tower.
open in this March.
source:E World website1549984230192.jpg

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
giphy.gif

Thekingin64

Strata Poster
Currently at milky way. Ride hardware for clone Zone is staying, just will be "majorly rethemed and slowed down".

Glad I've done it in its current state though. Is fun and certainly very unique

Peet

Giga Poster
Currently at milky way. Ride hardware for clone Zone is staying, just will be "majorly rethemed and slowed down".

Glad I've done it in its current state though. Is fun and certainly very unique
Good to hear the cred is staying, although I believe I'm right in saying it's not all that fast as it is....?

Thekingin64

Strata Poster
Good to hear the cred is staying, although I believe I'm right in saying it's not all that fast as it is....?

It's not amazingly fast but is enough to be considered a powered coaster rather than powered dark ride. The forthcoming refurbishment will blur that line even further though, glad I rode it when I did when it is still a coaster.

cookie

Giga Poster
Holiday World in Maspalomas, Gran Canaria has recently started a big refurbishment that is set to be completed in June. The old Roller Coaster (Zyklon style ride from an unindentified manufacturer) is set to be replaced by a new coaster during the renovation. The current artwork features Aconcagua, but since that coaster has likely gone to a scrapyard, I'm guessing it's just a placeholder for the time being.

I always found it a bit odd how Aconcagua was basically Hansa Park's Nessie without the loop (and according to RCDB a fair bit taller)

Like there's even a long stretch of flat track where the loop should be.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
So, who's taking bets? Are we talking about a French or an Italian manufacturer here?