What's new

The Best Dark Ride?

mo237

Roller Poster
Favourite dark ride is easily Symbolica- the music, the theming... everything is gorgeous. Don't think anything will come close (until I get to Disney that is)

TPC

Roller Poster
For dark rides I have done, I have to give it to I Corsari at Gardaland. It's a massive dark ride with practical effects (only rode it pre last year's refurbishment). Very under rated and hard to find ride!

ThemeParkHistorian

Roller Poster
as others have said, the ones mentioned at the top definitely not.
i say some of the top ones are

journey
mystic manor
pirates shanghai
symbolica
haunted mansion
forbidden journey
spider man
indy

the thing is journey, mystic, pirates shanghai, and symbolica i haven’t experienced but i’m sure one would be just fantastic. i’m sure there are ones of others in europe and asia that are amazing but i haven’t experienced them. but a lot of what people have said above are the best ^^

KristofWB

Hyper Poster
I’m a sucker for the Efteling darkrides! For example Droomvlucht...I just love this one. It’s cute, it’s long, the soundtrack is so dreamy and it even has its own scent which you can purchase in the shop! Same for Fata Morgana...just love the whole atmosphere around it!

Here in Belgium I’m a fan of Challenge of Tutankhamon. It’s interactive and the endings never the same. Plus, it doesn’t smell like a sewer, like Bos van Plop in Plopsaland De Panne does!

HeartlineCoaster

Theme Park Superhero
Don't have a list for this stuff (dark ride spreadsheet... now there's a future project idea), so I'm probably forgetting some things.
Oh yes, I do now. Dark ride count spreadsheet V1.0 up and running.

40098998793_9044c4dcbb_b.jpg

It's not the most comprehensive as I can't account for things I may have done in a place with no creds without just... remembering.
But everything in every park with a cred I've done has been looked up and should be there now.

It's also difficult rather difficult to define some things (that old business again), but I've gone for:
It is a ride (other than a cred).
It has at least 1 roof.
It has a significant enough portion of 'things to look at' that enhanced my enjoyment of the ride.

tl;dr - I wasn't forgetting anything, the top 5 still stands.

mkingy

Roller Poster
Symbolica floored me and I don't really like dark rides all that much. I just loved the system and it's implementation.