What's new

Space World Japan To Close In December 2017

Matt N

CF Legend
On a side note, I did hear someone else say that Venus was headed to Rusutsu Resort (https://rcdb.com/4985.htm), which is apparently in Hokkaido, so this would definitely make sense. I'm definitely thinking that Zaturn is headed to a ride broker, though, as I can't really think of a park that would suit it other than maybe Attractiepark Rotterdam that's currently under construction?

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
On a side note, I did hear someone else say that Venus was headed to Rusutsu Resort (https://rcdb.com/4985.htm), which is apparently in Hokkaido, so this would definitely make sense. I'm definitely thinking that Zaturn is headed to a ride broker, though, as I can't really think of a park that would suit it other than maybe Attractiepark Rotterdam that's currently under construction?
This about Venus is correct. I thought it was 100% confirmed but I can't remember if I saw an official statement or if it's just hearsay. Regardless...I'm glad it's getting saved.

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
Sooooooo....... i need to put a disclaimer here. And could do with you lot of nerds thoughts :p (yes im also a nerd i know)
I would sit down for a sec because this post has a lot of parentheses and may take a sec to follow.

Having been told Zaturn was in Holland (which is where these guys are) it seemed obvious to me the ride being painted green was Zaturn.
It has since come to light these guys seem to have have Kanonen. (but may also have Zaturn too)

Here is a video from Amusement Rides.

Give it a watch. Throughout this video you can see a few things. A set of Vekoma track being painted Yellow. ((03:06 and 03:35) This is the Boomerang now going into Trans Studio Action Park)) There is Vekoma track being painted red. ((At 03:02) this i assume is the Knotts Boomerang heading to Trans Studio Bali (This can also be seen earlier in its original paint scheme sat outside the factory at 00:53 and 01:51)) You can also see the old Amsterdam Dungeon Reaper ride set up outside. (at 01:34) and Vleermuis from Plopsaland (at 02:34)

Now..... Also in this video is a LOT of Blue Intamin track. (Take a look at 00:59 and 02:02) Heres some screen grabs from those bits.
Kanor3.JPG Kanor2.JPG Kanor1.JPG
So Kanonen or Zaturn? Personally i am leaning towards Kanonen.
it is still possible however that these guys have both.

now to add an interesting spanner into the works. This shot shows pre painted Knotts Boomerang track and... is that Red Intamin track? if it is where could that be from?Intred.JPG

Last edited:

TilenB

Strata Poster
Sooooooo....... i need to put a disclaimer here. And could do with you lot of nerds thoughts :p (yes im also a nerd i know)
I would sit down for a sec because this post has a lot of parentheses and may take a sec to follow.

Having been told Zaturn was in Holland (which is where these guys are) it seemed obvious to me the ride being painted green was Zaturn.
It has since come to light these guys seem to have have Kanonen. (but may also have Zaturn too)

Here is a video from Amusement Rides.

Give it a watch. Throughout this video you can see a few things. A set of Vekoma track being painted Yellow. ((03:06 and 03:35) This is the Boomerang now going into Trans Studio Action Park)) There is Vekoma track being painted red. ((At 03:02) this i assume is the Knotts Boomerang heading to Trans Studio Bali (This can also be seen earlier in its original paint scheme sat outside the factory at 00:53 and 01:51)) You can also see the old Amsterdam Dungeon Reaper ride set up outside. (at 01:34) and Vleermuis from Plopsaland (at 02:34)

Now..... Also in this video is a LOT of Blue Intamin track. (Take a look at 00:59 and 02:02) Heres some screen grabs from those bits.
View attachment 4508 View attachment 4509 View attachment 4510

now to add an interesting spanner into the works. This shot shows pre painted Knotts Boomerang track and... is that Red Intamin track? if it is where could that be from?View attachment 4511
Though somebody has asked them on Facebook if the coaster in the post is Zaturn and they've replied that it indeed is. So either the guy running their Facebook page would say yes to anything or they indeed have both.
Btw, what's the connection between these guys and Most Amusement Rides? I thought the Boomerangs and Reaper were refurbished by Most?

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
View attachment 4508 View attachment 4509 View attachment 4510
That blue track is definitely not (all) from Zaturn. There's a piece of tri-track there that twists (placed right over the "play" symbol on the first picture). The only twisty bits on Zaturn were on the top hat, and that was all quad track. While Zaturn had some tri-track, it was only on the return hill, which had no banking at all. It really looks like Kanonen, but I can't conclusively tie it to any point on that track. Kanonen didn't have a lot of tri-track either, and certainly not much straight tri-track. It has to be the last two pieces leading into the barrel roll.

Last edited:

SilverArrow

Certified Ride Geek
I love this stuff. Plot twist!

It looks like Most and amusement rides are one and the same as that last photo is definitely of Most (as previously said I saw the Knotts, pleasure island and dungeon creds there when I was in the area last year).

Last edited:

CoasterCrazy

Giga Poster
Another great find @roomraider! Looking at the evidence (and a bit of extra research), it seems to me that they have both Zaturn and Kanonen in storage, with Kanonen being still outside.

This facebook post perfectly matches the stats of Zaturn and even uses a photo of the ride available on rcdb (https://rcdb.com/3454.htm#p=25123). Think this was pointed out earlier in the thread. So now we know they have it, the question is which one is it?

Obviously, both colour schemes are identical, but I'm pretty sure the track in the outdoor storage lot is Kanonen. Further to what Pokemaniac said, the track curvature is way too tight to be Zaturn and a few of the track pieces (visible in the first two pieces), have no spine at all. Two of these are curved and I'm 99% certain they belong to the 3rd airtime hill of the ride. Storing 2 tracks from the same model, from the same manufacturer, with similar ages and identical colour schemes in the same lot is just a disaster waiting to happen, so it's probably all Kanonen. I'd imagine they'd move all of it inside to be painted at the same time, so further to what they said on facebook, the snazzy green track is probably Zaturn's new look. Could also be Kanonen, but it's less likely.

Think somebody may have reported this, but the hyperlinked page in the FB post doesn't exist anymore, so it looks like Zaturn's been sold! This probably explains why it's being painted (I'd imagine the buyer gets to choose). No sign of kanonen on their website, so either it's already been sold or it's just been shipped to them and they're waiting to confirm the structural integrity of the parts before listing it.

Lori Marie Loud

Giga Poster
Another great find @roomraider! Looking at the evidence (and a bit of extra research), it seems to me that they have both Zaturn and Kanonen in storage, with Kanonen being still outside.

This facebook post perfectly matches the stats of Zaturn and even uses a photo of the ride available on rcdb (https://rcdb.com/3454.htm#p=25123). Think this was pointed out earlier in the thread. So now we know they have it, the question is which one is it?

Obviously, both colour schemes are identical, but I'm pretty sure the track in the outdoor storage lot is Kanonen. Further to what Pokemaniac said, the track curvature is way too tight to be Zaturn and a few of the track pieces (visible in the first two pieces), have no spine at all. Two of these are curved and I'm 99% certain they belong to the 3rd airtime hill of the ride. Storing 2 tracks from the same model, from the same manufacturer, with similar ages and identical colour schemes in the same lot is just a disaster waiting to happen, so it's probably all Kanonen. I'd imagine they'd move all of it inside to be painted at the same time, so further to what they said on facebook, the snazzy green track is probably Zaturn's new look. Could also be Kanonen, but it's less likely.

Think somebody may have reported this, but the hyperlinked page in the FB post doesn't exist anymore, so it looks like Zaturn's been sold! This probably explains why it's being painted (I'd imagine the buyer gets to choose). No sign of kanonen on their website, so either it's already been sold or it's just been shipped to them and they're waiting to confirm the structural integrity of the parts before listing it.
Yeah I was the one who pointed out the link did not exist anymore.
EDIT: And about that red Intamin track, i think they snagged Hopi Hari's 10-Looper. That had red track too.

Last edited:

SilverArrow

Certified Ride Geek
Yeah I was the one who pointed out the link did not exist anymore.
EDIT: And about that red Intamin track, i think they snagged Hopi Hari's 10-Looper. That had red track too.
The plot thickens. Some decent creds hanging around there, we've levelled up from the boomerangs.

cookie

Giga Poster
I hope whoever buys Kanonen/Zaturn replaces the OSTR's with lap bars. I would've enjoyed Kanonen a lot more without those overly padded restraints.