What's new

Kings Island | Orion | B&M Giga Coaster

Snoo

The Legend

giphy.gif

Pear

Strata Poster
I've added another link that seems to be more reliable. Not sure why Facebook posts are acting up with embedding now.

Last edited:

Howie

Donkey in a hat
^Bit surreal, that, and a little bit sad. I was always intrigued by Vekoma flyers. Despite their reputation, I always thought they looked 'interesting', with a more exciting layout than the B&M yawnfests like Air and the Superman flyers. Finally got to ride one, that one^, about 6 months ago and thought it was absolutely fine. In fact, I actually rather liked it, certainly wouldn't have classed it as a candidate for demolition, and definitely enjoyed it more than the Beemers (bar Tatsu, obvs).
Now feeling the urge to nab at least one of the others before they're demolished too. :(

Lofty

CF Legend
Same, I actually really liked it. It wasn't stand out amazing, but it was really fun? I'd have been happier for them to rip out Banshee tbh.

Reactions: Ben

Niles

Giga Poster
I was lucky and got to ride this for the first time last year, yea I liked it, bit odd but fun overall, but yea RIP out with the old and in with the new

TLARides

Hyper Poster
This was my first flying coaster, so I'm upset that they've torn down a piece of my own history at the park.

Sent from my LG-TP260 using Tapatalk

DelPiero

Strata Poster
It was alright but lets not get all gooey eyed about a ride type which has had it's day and will be replaced by something a hell of a lot better.
May as well destroy Nighthawk this winter too, was miles worse than this one.

The other one can stay as I still need the cred :oops:

Zek_Teh_Kek

Hyper Poster
Why does Kings Island do this to us? When they tore Son of Beast down, it (for most) wasn't sad, but being my first flying coaster, and a good one too, it's quite sad.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Nah, **** it. Burn it down. Would have loved a go in that digger.

If this being removed makes space for a B&M Giga then good riddance. Shame to lose a cred, shame to lose my first flyer, shame to... oh shut up. Get rid of this old crap and get something good in there instead. :p

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Vekoma Flyers are nowhere near a good roller coaster concept. They're rough, uncomfortable, and at many times questionable on how actually secure riders are. But all these were reasons why they were, in a weird way, a total blast to ride. Like a freshman at their first keg party, things are loud and escalate quickly, but are such a fun thing to watch, like a car crash in slow motion.

Hey man.. my home park was Geauga Lake. Don't let this chaffe your ass. :p
Aww how cute - you're X-Flight/Firehawk Brothers! (Or Wingmen?)