What's new

Walibi Holland | Untamed | RMC Robin Hood Conversion

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
So from this video, we learn the following that we don't already know:-
  • 40° lift angle.
  • 80° drop angle.
  • 35.4m (116.1ft) first drop.
  • Will feature a SV/TC-style "micro bunny" after the first drop.
Sounds pretty awesome to me!

Last edited:

Snoo

The Legend
So from this video, we learn the following that we don't already know:-
  • 40° lift angle.
  • 80° drop angle.
  • 35.4m first drop.
  • Will feature a SV/TC-style "micro bunny" after the first drop.
Sounds like a pretty awesome ride to me!

Didn't get much from the micro on SV tbh. The drop will give solid airtime on the back tho.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Also:-
unknown.png

Inversion! (Not that we didn't already know it would have any.).

tomahawk

Strata Poster
The way that wooden support structure before those metal beams is placed, I believe it is going to be a cobra-roll (like the one on twisted cyclone).
And that cobra thing is quite fun. Nothing to write home about, but good fun.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

PetskuC

Mega Poster
And that cobra thing is quite fun. Nothing to write home about, but good fun.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Hmm, haven't ridden twisted cyclone so can't comment, but unlike others I like "regular" cobra rolls so I do hope if this inversion is going to be a cobra roll that it will be fun!

toofpikk

Mega Poster
robin hoods original height was 32m, they're not actually adding on that much height, just making it a much steeper lifthill so I imagine they can have more space to play with the layout.

b&mfanboy123

Mega Poster
According to latest copy of First Drop magazine Untamed will feature 5 inversions which is the most in any RMC.
5????
Like I love that they are doing that and all but 5? At a certain point those inversions are going to get repetitive, (see SV 3 zero g rolls) don't ya think?

Ethan

Strata Poster
5????
Like I love that they are doing that and all but 5? At a certain point those inversions are going to get repetitive, (see SV 3 zero g rolls) don't ya think?
I disagree that SteVe's inversions are repetitive. I think the zero G and the two rolls under the structure are at a far enough distance from each other for it to flow well without it being repetitive. If Untamed does indeed have 5 inversions, they can always mix them up to avoid it feeling formulaic. I'm thinking zero G rolls, stalls, barrel rolls etc. Not confirmed that it will have 5 yet though.

Hutch

Strata Poster
Wait.. since when does any RMC have a cobra roll?? Two zero G rolls do not make a cobra roll. It’s a twisted horseshoe roll at best.
They called Twisted Cyclone's first element a "reverse cobra roll," but yes it's essentially a twisted horseshoe roll (and I prefer to call it that anyway), but the turn in between the inversions is elevated.

I actually thought it was the weakest part of the ride. I mean it was still fun, but the wave turn and airtime hills afterward were much more exciting.

Honestly I'd be a little disappointed if Untamed had one of them, unless it was taken a quicker speed to get some snap in there.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
I'm actually slightly annoyed about this. The ride won't have as much airtime due to the greater number of inversions than normal. Although I'll judge it completely when we know the full layout.