What's new

Universal IoA | Jurassic World VelociCoaster | Intamin Blitz | 2021

MakoMania

Mega Poster
With regard to project timing, 2021 is more likely considering a fence just went up, but the major Orlando resorts will likely always be in a constant state of change in some capacity. Right now, Universal has Harry Potter, this ride, Fantastic Worlds, endless summer resort hotel, and maybe another project that I'm forgetting about. Disney itself has Tron at Magic Kingdom, Galaxy's Edge at Hollywood Studios, Ratatouille and Guardians of the Galaxy at Epcot, various upgrades and changes at Disney Springs, the Skyliner cable car, and eventually (not quite yet) monorail upgrades. The heavyweights are battling it out and on paper it looks like Disney has the edge - I'd argue that Universal can't build this ride (and Fantastic Worlds) quickly enough.
Even SeaWorld has Sesame Street, Tigris, RMC Gwazi & KareKare Curl all currently inder construction with the 2020 project at SWO joining them soon no doubt.

Ethan

Strata Poster
Just seen a drawing of the proposed layout, sadly can't share yet but I'm sure it will be released or leak further soon enough. Looks like it's split into two halves like Taron and Taiga. Exciting stuff!

Last edited:

SilverArrow

Certified Ride Geek
Just seen a drawing of the proposed layout, sadly can't share yet but I'm sure it will be released or leak further soon enough. Looks like it's split into two halves like Taron and Taiga, with the first half being more compact and the second launch leading into a tophat and then around the bridge to Hogwarts. Exciting stuff!
So it's another intamin?

peep

CF Legend
Just seen a drawing of the proposed layout, sadly can't share yet but I'm sure it will be released or leak further soon enough. Looks like it's split into two halves like Taron and Taiga. Exciting stuff!

Have you seen the latest Midway Mayhem video? Does it look like what he describes - two launches, two passes down front by the water, a large top hat like element to the left of discovery centre and a couple of inversions?

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
^I keep seeing pictures of that same layout floating around the internet, but from different angles. Here's a couple more:-
DxNi9ajVsAA3yWM.jpg

DxNeC--W0AEEPf2.jpg:large

Ethan

Strata Poster
So using the layout image that Alicia Stella posted on her private Patreon a few days ago, I've created a NL2 prediction on what I think it could be like. Nothing concrete, obviously... Uploaded it now that she's released it because it seemed a bit salty/untrustworthy to upload this before she had.

The part after the turn/loop from the first launch will definitely be different. It looks like a possible dive loop on the drawings but the space seems too tight for it. Obviously they would have found a way, but to keep it simple I just added a left turn instead of a weirdly shaped and oddly-small dive loop.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
I'm not quite sure what I was expecting, but even from a few scribbles on an aerial view, this project seems significantly larger than I thought it would be. That's certainly not a bad thing! I've always thought that the Jurassic Park section was lacking - this addition will absolutely be a much needed improvement.

oriolat2

Giga Poster
Wow didn't expect to see this so soon.

Cheetah Hunt/Taron lovechild?

2020 opening now looking very likely.

Nice way to describe it. Looks better than Cheetah Hunt but not as intense or as good as Taron. I am wondering too how Universal are going to crank capacity on this to the max since these Intamin LSM are about 1,200 pph...

I know Cheetah only has one inversion as well (and also a roll), but why bother with inversions AT ALL if you are just going to do one? This is putting people off riding leaving part of the demographic out.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Nice way to describe it. Looks better than Cheetah Hunt but not as intense or as good as Taron. I am wondering too how Universal are going to crank capacity on this to the max since these Intamin LSM are about 1,200 pph...

I know Cheetah only has one inversion as well (and also a roll), but why bother with inversions AT ALL if you are just going to do one? This is putting people off riding leaving part of the demographic out.
NGL I'm pretty sure it has more than one inversion.

Ethan

Strata Poster
Yeah it probably has more than one. If you're basing it off the video I posted above, I'd take it with a mound of salt. I only didn't put more in because I couldn't see a way of keeping the flow. The hill after the top hat could be a zero-g stall for all we know!

oriolat2

Giga Poster
To be honest, I would really like one of those fancy high-speed backwards spikes that Intamin is trying on Parc Asterix's new coaster! I guess they'll do more than one inversion too, since Intapotter won't feature any...

FistedColossus

Hyper Poster
Hopefully this will provide some much needed Universal airtime, as I'd assume the Potter coaster will be fairly lacking in this department.

To think just 5 years ago all Florida had was the Space Mountain ejector moment, now we will have Jurassic Park, RMC Gwazi, Mako, and Mine Blower :p

Hutch

Strata Poster
Well this is rather exciting! I had my doubts that they'd get another Intamin so soon after the HP one, but it's pretty cool to see a bunch of hints and leaks sprinkled around already. That drawing of the layout looks like it could be pretty promising, and I like the mix of a twister design followed by an out-and-back section.

I'm not convinced this would come in 2020. They'll need to spend a lot of time ironing out the theming in addition to the ride itself. 2021 makes more sense as it spaces out the excitement between this and the HP cred (give the HP one time to shine for a couple years). It'd also line up perfectly with the Jurassic World 3 release that June.

tomahawk

Strata Poster
I'm not jumping on the Intamin train just yet. I've heard a rumored Mack deal with Universal is in the pipeline and this may be #1.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk