What's new

Milestones in Your Counts

HeartlineCoaster

Theme Park Superhero
As of this morning, this is how it looks:
Bit of free error checking for you:
Your parks and coasters by Country seem to be swapped around. 312 parks in USA at 232.1%?
I would imagine newest coaster in records section needs updating.

Lovely stuff though, park milestones has given me something new to try.

Matt N

CF Legend
I love the fact that you have a specific DATE when your enthusiasm started. Not like, "sometime around 2013", or "after the summer 2013", but a specific date. Do you have a time too? :p

Good stuff though, you've done the right thing by setting a spreadsheet up early in your enthusiasm. Means you can add, modify and tweak it as your count grows, rather than facing the awful task of starting one from scratch when you're at like 300+ or something. Although as my first hour at "work" this morning proved, you'll never stop fiddling with it. :D
Thank you! The reason I have all of the creds listed as 28th/29th September 2013 as my first ride on them was because that visit to Alton involved my first roller coasters as an enthusiast! Although despite this, Alton Towers is the 3rd park I visited by my logic of "since I became an enthusiast" because I did visit Chessington and Legoland Windsor in August 2013, but I couldn't ride any creds as I had a broken arm. So that's kind of where I've started the spreadsheet from.
They all count, kid.
I personally won't be counting them because as I said above, I don't really remember my pre-enthusiast coaster experiences, and I personally feel that my coaster count is my way of comparing my coaster experiences with other enthusiasts and discussing rankings and milestones and whatnot. Besides, I would only gain 3 creds from Disneyland Paris, so I didn't really think it was worth including non-enthusiast experiences for 3 extra credits; not to mention it would also mess up my milestones!

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Bit of free error checking for you:
Your parks and coasters by Country seem to be swapped around. 312 parks in USA at 232.1%?
Aye, good spot. I think that's a fallout of my re-jigging the formulas earlier. Managed to make the country counting more robust, but obviously didn't think to check the totals column!

I would imagine newest coaster in records section needs updating.
Oh yeah, how did I miss that?!

Nice, updated. Excel and PDF. Thanks.

Lovely stuff though, park milestones has given me something new to try.
Yeah, once you assign the parks (or coasters) their incremental, unique, identifier (in my case done in the empty cells in the inputs tabs), it becomes a simple vlookup (or index/match, 'cos it's more powerful). The wood and steel milestones work with array formulas, but the same lookup idea. If anyone cares...

Hutch

Strata Poster
Ahhh, all these fancy spreadsheets are making me wanna update mine.

My Excel sheet is okay, don't really have anything more listed other than a favorites list and my whole list for creds and parks. I should probably sit down and dick around with color coding, stats, charts, and maps.

Also I've never used Coaster-Count... I started my list back when my coaster count was much smaller so it wasn't too hard to start and hasn't been hard to update. Maybe when I overhaul my Excel doc I'll check it out.

HeartlineCoaster

Theme Park Superhero
Yeah, once you assign the parks (or coasters) their incremental, unique, identifier (in my case done in the empty cells in the inputs tabs), it becomes a simple vlookup (or index/match, 'cos it's more powerful).
Sadly not yet managed to automate this one due to simply not knowing the incremental stuff in the earlier days and not wanting to half-arse it. Took on a lot of the other ideas though. :)

Anyway. Manual milestones:

#100 Battlestar Galactica Human - Universal Studios Singapore
#200 Troy - Toverland
#300 Ultra Twister Megaton - Greenland
#400 Gold Rush - Slagharen
#500 Shambhala - Portaventura
#600 Rocky Coaster - Suzuka Circuit
#700 HangTime - Knott's Berry Farm

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
Hit it over a year ago, but never posted. My 1000th was this beauty.

MineBlowerFunSpotAmericaKissimmee.jpg

SwitchbackFanboy742

Roller Poster
I know a few of my milestones.
1-Top Cat's Taxi Jam at KI
100-Maverick
150-Carolina Cobra at Carowinds
200-Skyrush
250-White Lightning
I adore Skyrush, White Lightning and Maverick, Carolina Cobra is a solid boomerang and Top Cat is, well, a kiddie coaster.

Chris Coasters

Strata Poster
After about 4 years I am back on CF. I don't know how much I am going to be posting but here we go...first post back.

1. Roller Coaster - Enchanted Forest
50. Cyclone - Luna Park
100. El Toro - Six Flags Great Adventure
200. New Texas Giant - Six Flags Over Texas
300. Expedition Everest - Walt Disney World Animal Kingdom

After a 2018 where I only got 1 new cred (Sea Viper - Palace Playland) I kicked off 2019 with a trip to Florida picking up number 300 at the happiest place on earth. I also went to Busch Gardens, Fun Spot America x2, Seaworld, Animal Kingdom, Hollywood Studios, Legoland and Universal. It was an amazing trip and I am already planning a graduation trip to California.

Glad to be back!

Matt N

CF Legend
After about 4 years I am back on CF. I don't know how much I am going to be posting but here we go...first post back.

1. Roller Coaster - Enchanted Forest
50. Cyclone - Luna Park
100. El Toro - Six Flags Great Adventure
200. New Texas Giant - Six Flags Over Texas
300. Expedition Everest - Walt Disney World Animal Kingdom

After a 2018 where I only got 1 new cred (Sea Viper - Palace Playland) I kicked off 2019 with a trip to Florida picking up number 300 at the happiest place on earth. I also went to Busch Gardens, Fun Spot America x2, Seaworld, Animal Kingdom, Hollywood Studios, Legoland and Universal. It was an amazing trip and I am already planning a graduation trip to California.

Glad to be back!
Congratulations on 300 @Chris Coasters! Hopefully this is the start of a prosperous new journey for you!

On a side note, I love Florida, so I reckon it must have been a great way to start 2019! But I would be intrigued to know; what would you say your favourite coaster you rode on your trip was? I think I know what your favourite park was based on what you put in your profile!

Chris Coasters

Strata Poster
Congratulations on 300 @Chris Coasters! Hopefully this is the start of a prosperous new journey for you!

On a side note, I love Florida, so I reckon it must have been a great way to start 2019! But I would be intrigued to know; what would you say your favourite coaster you rode on your trip was? I think I know what your favourite park was based on what you put in your profile!

It was a great way to start my year for sure. Right now AK is my favorite park because I just want to be back at Disney and it was the best day of the trip and I'm still hyped off of it. As far as my favorites of the trip go Cheetah Hunt, Mine Blower and Mako were probably my favorites but there was a bunch of solid coasters. Only missed out on SheiKra because it was down for maintenance :/

Matt N

CF Legend
It was a great way to start my year for sure. Right now AK is my favorite park because I just want to be back at Disney and it was the best day of the trip and I'm still hyped off of it. As far as my favorites of the trip go Cheetah Hunt, Mine Blower and Mako were probably my favorites but there was a bunch of solid coasters. Only missed out on SheiKra because it was down for maintenance :/
Great stuff! Thanks @Chris Coasters!

JJLehto

Hyper Poster
ECG at 1000!!! Wow.

Impressive spreadsheets, yall inspire me. Not sure if I can go that hardcore yet but I may get to doing what I always planned to which is rate my coasters, and come up with park averages. Ya know, a park that has 4 good coasters vs a park that has 10 but maybe 2 are very good and the rest are not good to solid...a semi definitive way to come up with how strong each park's lineup is for me.

KommissarLT

Roller Poster
Here are some "milestone" coasters I've ridden. I'm not counting powered coasters, water coasters or alpine coasters.

1. Pepsi Ripsaw, Camp Snoopy (now known as Pepsi Orange Streak at Nickelodeon Universe)
100. El Toro, Six Flags Great Adventure - Was my #1 until I went on SteVe in June of 2018
125. Screamin' Eagle, Six Flags St. Louis - I rode this for the first time in the front during Fright Fest at night and the fall breeze was really nice in my face.
150. Flying Ace Aerial Chase, Kings Island - I have a picture with my dad and I on it, that's about all I have to say about this one.
175. Monster, Adventureland IA - The only Infinity Coaster I've been on and it sure is a blast.
200. Wild Eagle, Dollywood - I like how it's on the hilltops, but the rattle really holds it back for me.

Matt N

CF Legend
Right, I'm now able to provide some updated info for this thread after searching through family photos from our 2014 Florida trip, and I've also decided to change what I consider a milestone, so here goes:
1. Runaway Mine Train at Alton Towers (28th September 2013)
25. Expedition Everest at Disney's Animal Kingdom (23rd August 2014)
50. Big One at Blackpool Pleasure Beach (14th August 2018)
Next big milestone I'll probably count is my 75th, which will be some time in the future!

MestnyiGeroi

Giga Poster
100. Woodstock Express (KD)
(150. Skyrush)
200. Mako
(250. Diamondback)
300. Jack Rabbit (Kennywood)
(350. Monster)
400. Superman El Ultimo Escape

Yes, I would have preferred to have Quimera (which I rode a couple of days ago) or of course Medusa Steel Coaster as my 400th, but Medusa was down and I wasn’t going to wait forever just to make it a milestone. Turned out to be my 401st, though.

By the way, I never thought any park could ever rival Mt. Olympus for the worst operations, but a new contender has just entered the ring: Six Flags México.

And before some pedant chides me for the 50s coasters in the milestone list, yeah, I’ll stop that soon enough. Probably when I hit 500.