What's new

Hersheypark | Chocolatetown | 2019/2020 Park Expansion

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
The Amusement Parkives recently posted an update from a season passholder event. There's not much to see quite yet - there's a brand spanking new fence and some cement trucks, so work is getting done...but mainly still dirt pushing.

https://amusementparkives.com/2019/...IxXJWX9WsPbEcPDYTSBJmHN8ViDgRRKm3Ur8R5_ct5UQk

Also, since it is January, it's worth noting that we should start looking out for Hersheypark's next announcement related to the project.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
Groundbreaking took place today and the park released updated graphics:

ChocolatetownGroundbreaking.jpg

ChocolatetownFrontGate2.jpg

ChocolatetownAerial1.jpg

ChocolatetownAerial2.jpg

ChocolatetownAerial3.jpg

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Hrugh I don't give a **** about the entrance plaza, just show me the cred.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
As needed as this redesign is, it is a little sad to see all those buildings get torn down. Their entrance was a pretty cute section of the park.

Also, that first photo really shows how relatively tiny Skyrush's hills are compared to the lift.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Also, that first photo really shows how relatively tiny Skyrush's hills are compared to the lift.
Good observation! That's a good angle to explain why it's so bonkers. You don't really get that impression from offirde inside the park.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
I'm sorry, this whole process feels so underwhelming. For many, many parks; building a B&M hyper would be a pretty cool moment that you want to build up excitement over. The way Hershey has, and continues, to roll out planning and construction for this new addition feels haggard and soooo drawn out.

Matt N

CF Legend
I must say, I love that shade of brown! I'd say there's a high chance of a chocolate theme of some form with that colour!

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Probably was, to be fair. But this just further confirms it!
But it's not like we've only just found out the ride will have brown track? We knew when they first announced the area, as well as the fact it will have a blue Kisses train, an orange Reese's train, and a red Hershey's train. So yeah, we've known for ages it would be themed to chocolate, confirmed. You can't confirm something more if it's already been confirmed.