What's new

Kentucky Kingdom | Kentucky Flyer | Gravity Group Family Wooden

vaugc002

Mega Poster
Those water slides in the background are ugly af. I wish they'd put some effort into making that slide tower at least look presentable, given the care they put into attractions like this coaster.

Lofty

CF Legend
Those water slides in the background are ugly af. I wish they'd put some effort into making that slide tower at least look presentable, given the care they put into attractions like this coaster.
To be fair, in person it doesn't look all that bad - it's also North America's tallest water slide and the World's 4th tallest.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
To be fair, in person it doesn't look all that bad - it's also North America's tallest water slide and the World's 4th tallest.
Well and also, this is Kentucky Kingdom we're talking about here, not Disney or Dollywood. They have great rides and it's a great park, but it's not going for best aesthetic. :D

vaugc002

Mega Poster
I feel like we let some parks off more than others but yeah I guess it's not their focus right now. It's good they're investing in new wood tbh so I should be happy with that :D

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
Also that slide tower is way in one corner of the park. They're a pretty far distance from the main midway.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
I feel like we let some parks off more than others but yeah I guess it's not their focus right now. It's good they're investing in new wood tbh so I should be happy with that :D
To be fair, Six Flags totally gutted the park when they moved out - KK has navigated restoring the park and it's core attractions pretty well all things considered.

Hutch

Strata Poster
Yeah, this updated POV makes me even more excited now. If the pace is anything close to what's shown here, it's gonna great.

Matt N

CF Legend
My goodness; that coaster looks like it'll have some properly strong airtime! Especially for a family coaster! Out of interest, how does the airtime on these family GGs compare to that of other woodies and other coasters in general? As it always looks like these coasters pack in quite a lot of airtime!

streetmagix

Mega Poster
My goodness; that coaster looks like it'll have some properly strong airtime! Especially for a family coaster! Out of interest, how does the airtime on these family GGs compare to that of other woodies and other coasters in general? As it always looks like these coasters pack in quite a lot of airtime!

I've only done Twister at Grun Lund, that thing has pops of airtime rather than long drawn out hills of airtime. Pops of airtime plus the consistent changes of direction make it awesome. This does look like it has more airtime though!

Hutch

Strata Poster
The pops of airtime are very brief but they can arguably be stronger than something like a big GCI. My favorite GCI is Thunderhead but I still prefer Roar-O-Saurus as the airtime has a bit more oomph. Not to mention these GG's are smooth rides as well.

Matt N

CF Legend
The pops of airtime are very brief but they can arguably be stronger than something like a big GCI. My favorite GCI is Thunderhead but I still prefer Roar-O-Saurus as the airtime has a bit more oomph. Not to mention these GG's are smooth rides as well.
Wow, I'm surprised by that! Thanks @Hutch!

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
Yeah, Roar-o-Saurus had almost RMC intense airtime. It was completely insane. I don't expect this to be quite as wild as Roar-o-Saurus, but I might be lowballing on purpose :p

Snoo

The Legend
Yeah, Roar-o-Saurus had almost RMC intense airtime. It was completely insane. I don't expect this to be quite as wild as Roar-o-Saurus, but I might be lowballing on purpose :p

Yeah this guy. I've been on Twister and Wooden Warrior along with the little bit bigger but still crazy attractions from GG with White Lightning and Mine Blower and NONE of them fail to deliver. They all give exactly what you would expect and more in a lot of cases. Fantastic airtime with unique elements and a fun ride with excellent pacing. That is why my hopes aren't through the roof but excited, just as I was for Storm Chaser and Lightning Run.. both of which exceeded my expectations.