What's new

Kennywood | Steel Curtain | S&S Multi-looper

Lofty

CF Legend
Ahh ok. It does look incredibly drawn out, I think the track style really affects it, too - it's deceiving.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
OOOOHHHHH, the water element is where the sky coaster is!! The computer rendering was confusingly vague, and really makes Steel Curtain look like it’s being built in 300 year old growth forest.

MLDesigns

Hyper Poster
That name comes from ECG's interview with Joe:
Not exactly Drachen Fire-style, but the inspiration is obvious.

(Also a big thanks for this interview, it was great to finally put a name to a face!)

bob_3_

Giga Poster
Interestingly, rcdb is now calling the first inversion a "Drachen Fire Dive Drop": https://rcdb.com/16479.htm
But oddly, Steel Curtain is the only coaster with this element. Drachen Fire doesn't have it: https://rcdb.com/r.htm?ot=2&el=16781

Drachen Fire's drop didn't have to be called "Drachen Fire Dive Drop" because it was already on said ride.

God knows why they want to pay tribute to Drachen Fire on this coaster, that ride was the definition of infamous. I never got to ride it but just a reverse POV showed how horrible alot of the elements rode. I know times have moved on, but S&S still doesn't have a decent record with track shaping, maybe they seek inspiration from other sources.

SilverArrow

Certified Ride Geek
Drachen Fire's drop didn't have to be called "Drachen Fire Dive Drop" because it was already on said ride.

God knows why they want to pay tribute to Drachen Fire on this coaster, that ride was the definition of infamous. I never got to ride it but just a reverse POV showed how horrible alot of the elements rode. I know times have moved on, but S&S still doesn't have a decent record with track shaping, maybe they seek inspiration from other sources.
Couldn't find a backwards pov on youtube, is it still around?

Snoo

The Legend
That name comes from ECG's interview with Joe:
Not exactly Drachen Fire-style, but the inspiration is obvious.

(Also a big thanks for this interview, it was great to finally put a name to a face!)

Joe is also just a great guy btw. As he doesn't interview often, getting to know him at IAAPA was definitely great. He also loves Mine Blower as I do so good man. :D

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
The low elements seem to be oddly shaped, but surely they'll ride fine. The uniqueness of this ride is going to give it quite a bit of charm.

Pear

Strata Poster
image1.jpg

image0.jpg

image0.jpg

Looks like two supports was removed

7eaa9bee97354cdcd3351589ebd9e73f.png

1ebeacaaa22d8913b595649911be1292.png

865b5bdbd6fa9faa58f1abc29f7892bc.png

ab987a000d899eadbf191b7f1e74c1c5.png

Last edited: