What's new

Phantasialand | F. L. Y. | Vekoma Launched Flying Coaster | 2020

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Wow, that piece of track coming in to (or going out of?) the tunnel to the right of the covered piece is at quite an angle! Perspective also probably playing a trick here, but it looks like a tight squeeze! Awesome.

Ethan

Strata Poster
Wow, that piece of track coming in to (or going out of?) the tunnel to the right of the covered piece is at quite an angle! Perspective also probably playing a trick here, but it looks like a tight squeeze! Awesome.
That's the entrance into the brake run, so you'll be diving into the tunnel during the part you're discussing. Will be fab! Looks like no more track has been installed since the last update but possibly some new infrastructure on the left of the image.

Phantasiastisch

Mega Poster
I like that the wall is finished. I'm happy that Fantasy got more theming now, which makes Fantasy a more to Phanta- standards themed area IMHO.

I'm curious to see it in real again during my visit within 2 weeks.

That the other piece of the framework (on the left) will be themed to Berlin theming or Rookburgh theming makes sense.

But I'm curious to see if they put more framework with Berlin theming on the roofs over Maus au Chocolat so that you can not see the fantasy part of the wall from Berlin but only a Berlin and a Rookburgh themed wall...

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster

There we have it. Rookburgh will feature a new hotel as well as F.L.Y..
Know we know what the tease "experience by day & night" means.

"There is news out of Rookburgh, that catapults the term "total experience" into a new dimension. Here, everything comes together just like cogs: the theme world in the steampunk flair, the world's first rollercoaster F.L.Y. and … the Hotel Charles Lindbergh! #SleepLikeAnAeronaut"

Some observations
- The artwork shows a small capsule like room with the words "Aeronaut-Tube Room" underneath. A look at how the rooms might look? Wonder if this will be a more budget option?
The artwork on the right also shows a building seemingly consisting of multiple of these tubes.

- Also interesting to see the park use the name F.L.Y. in the official announcement. Would suggest despite the trademarking issues they are still going to use the name.

- They are hardly knocking up a hotel within 6 months are they for a summer 2019 opening? Especially with the area's theming progress I'm thinking we won't see Rookburgh open until late 2019 (me being optimistic) or most likely 2020. But then again if it is a small compact hotel made out of tube rooms perhaps it can be put together rather quickly?
Going to be interesting watching the build progress in the coming months.

Last edited:

dirkjarczewski

Roller Poster
The rooms are Finish,in the Park

Gesendet von meinem ONE A2003 mit Tapatalk
Nee Banner
a0fe634982df570cfdbb261591fa77b9.jpg

Gesendet von meinem ONE A2003 mit Tapatalk

Ethan

Strata Poster
Looks like it'll be a bit dark and claustrophobic for me to want to stay there, but I really love this idea. However I don't love that it means Rookburgh might take until 2020 </3

JoshC.

Strata Poster
Could potentially be like the Shark Hotel at Thorpe, in that the capsules are very easy to put together and such. Better themed and developed of course, but that style.

Really don't see how they're going to fit it in Rookburgh though! That site is already packed.

Looks like it'll be a bit dark and claustrophobic for me to want to stay there, but I really love this idea. However I don't love that it means Rookburgh might take until 2020 </3
Do you think that they could just do all the external work first and still open Rookburgh in 2019, even if the hotel doesn't open? Looking at the construction, F.L.Y seems to already have lots of track installed and the Wuze wall also seemed to go up pretty quickly.

VikingsAf

Mega Poster
Yeah I think FLY is still a 2019 project. They won't be having a complete coaster laying around for an entire year...
Maybe their schedule is like Summer 2019 = FLY and Wintertraum 2019 = Hotel.
Also if it are really that kind of simplistic rooms it might as well only take 6 months to build.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I've recently been working on two tower schemes (one hotel, one student residential) that have been investigating the idea of using pre-fabricated elements. The claims the pre-fab companies are making are very promising, and have been shown to materialise in other projects. We were looking at doing a 24-floor, 1000+ room student residential tower in under six months (excluding primary structure), so it probably can be done. The hotel of 300 rooms was just modular bathroom pods and pre-fab wall elements and was again coming in under six months.

That said, knowing Phantasialand they've still got to squeeze a disk-o, a restaurant, two water rides and another B&M into Rookburgh, so... who knows. :p