What's new

Universal Orlando 4th Theme Park is Currently in Development Code Name "Project 314"

Jamesss

Hyper Poster
There is an obvious hint of Fantastic Beasts there. Not just the word "fantastic" but the colour and font too.

Personally, I hope they don't make anything based off of that last awful movie.

pvnks

Mega Poster
They've been filing applications left and right for this 4th gate park, so yeah.

It's a go, Mario!
Hmm are we even sure this is legit? Just seems a bit... Unimaginative.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

pvnks

Mega Poster
From Theme Park Stop (Alicia Stella; really great source for news)

"Several names have been trademarked in recent months, including this one and another for “Universal’s Epic Universe.” Other names were also reported to have been part of guest surveys to see which of them had the greatest appeal, including: Legendary Lands, Legendary Worlds, Epic Worlds, and DreamPark."
I'm talking about the 'Fantastic Worlds' name, not if the park itself is happening.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Ethan

Strata Poster
I'm familiar with Alicia's videos, I've been a fan for years. Still, nothing you've posted is proving to me that the name/logo etc is legit. I'll believe it when Universal announce it officially, or if more convincing evidence is "leaked". Also, it helps if you put the post you're quoting at the top of your posts, just makes it easier for people to read. :)

Lofty

CF Legend
No matter if one of the movies from the Wizarding World is not very good, the fact it's part of the same universe as Potter means it'll do very well as a theme park land/area. The Wizarding World as a whole is just a license to print money and guests eat that **** up.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
No matter if one of the movies from the Wizarding World is not very good, the fact it's part of the same universe as Potter means it'll do very well as a theme park land/area. The Wizarding World as a whole is just a license to print money and guests eat that :emoji_poop: up.
Exactly this. We can hop over to that Star Wars topic if we want...one bad movie is not going to sink something that is so prevalent in pop culture.

I took a scroll back through Bioreconstruct's Twitter to find some photos of the plot of land. It's been nearly a month since he's photographed the site.

They've certainly been moving around the dirt. The plot of land is absolutely massive - I read somewhere that this park will be much larger than the other two...but I don't remember by what magnitude. Exciting developments! This will be a fun one to watch.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
Is a third Wizarding world themed area really the way to go forward though? I mean the two built so far work together with the train and all, but a third? Seems overkill to me.
You say why, but the park probably says why not? I'm not a businessman, but if I invest in something that returns a 30% increase in attendance at one of the most visited parks in the US, I'm going to try and milk that cow for as long as I can. Diagon Alley might not have yielded quite that high of an attendance increase but I'm sure it was significant. As the Harry Potter universe continues to expand, Universal will definitely have more opportunities to incorporate these elements into their theme parks. Will they? It is speculation at this point, but I would bet money on it.

Lofty

CF Legend
Not to mention that arguably, it makes much more sense to keep a Fantastic Beasts land/area far away from the other Wizarding World areas to completely set apart the two franchises whilst keeping them under the same UOR umbrella. I think it makes much more sense than it making no sense?

Crazycoaster

Giga Poster
Well I'm guessing the first part of the Wizarding World brought in a 30% increase, but I doubt the second part did. I mean honestly, what other experiences could they provide in a third land? They've done all the shops, wand experiences etc, everything you'd want from the Wizarding World. The FB franchise hasn't exactly created new and exciting lands, the first movie was set in New York. I doubt Universal will want to make ANOTHER NYC land. I could see there being a simulator ride around the franchise at the most to be honest.

Lofty

CF Legend
The thing is with Universal, they're far from scared to try new ride technologies and experiences with IPs that you wouldn't expect them to (looks at Kong and even Jimmy Fallon). I feel some sort of trackless dark ride that represents visiting Newt's menagerie could be brilliant - seeing all the different beasts and even throwing in the peril of a chance encounter with Grindelwald/the Obscurus would work brilliantly and would be incredibly well received. To me, the only difficultly is relaying the difference in timing of the Harry Potter/Forbidden Beasts areas, especially as they have a crossover with certain characters (Nagini), but to be fair, if you're looking into it that much, you need to reevaluate what's important in life.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
I will say that I do understand at least some of your viewpoint, @Crazycoaster. Although I was impressed with both Hogsmeade and Diagon Alley when I visited a few years back, I did realize that both sections were mainly elaborate rethemes. Hogsmeade definitely has more to offer in terms of rides, but Diagon Alley really only included Escape from Gringott's and the train...not a whole lot to offer ride wise. I'm sure if they did a third area, we would all identify that it'd be incredibly well themed, but only have one ride.

I've heard rumors that a third Wizarding World could be the Ministry of Magic. If so, I could imagine them doing something like Galaxy's edge with loads of characters running around and providing an ultra-immersive experience.