What's new

Top 10(ish): 2024 Edition - page 124

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
WTF did I just read? :D
Like... I know we're all goons here, and everyone has the right to indulge in this hobby to whatever extent they like, but even now, 4 and a half years in, it still amazes me just how goony some of you can be!
I mean, how many decimal places do those stats need to be, bruv? :)
You crazy kids! Love it here, I do.
This sheet has definitely gotten out of hand over time. :p I started it about 6 years ago, with the general question of what ride characteristics are most important to me. Now it's just an excuse for me to toy with statistical regressions in.

... the next step I've been curious to do is categorizing inversion and element types. Maybe I could hire an intern?

Snoo

The Legend
Itty bitty update since my last due to the itty bitty RMC:

1. Steel Vengeance - Cedar Point
2. Lightning Rod - Cedar Point
3. Outlaw Run - Silver Dollar City
4. Goliath - Six Flags Great America
5. Voyage - Holiday World
6. Superman: The Ride/Bizarro - Six Flags New England
7. Boulder Dash - Lake Compounce
8. El Toro - Six Flags Great Adventure
9. Maverick - Cedar Point
10. Storm Chaser - Kentucky Kingdom

11. Banshee - Kings Island
12. X2 - Six Flags Magic Mountain
13. Twisted Cyclone - Six Flags Over Georgia
14. Tatsu - Six Flags Magic Mountain
15. The Joker - Six Flags Discovery Kingdom
16. Mako - Sea World Orlando
17. Thunderbird - Holiday World
18. Wicked Cyclone - Six Flags New England
19. Skyrush - Hersheypark
20. Roar-o-saurus - Story Land

21. Leviathan - Canada's Wonderland
22. Mine Blower - Fun Spot America
23. Top Thrill Dragster - Cedar Point
24. Ravine Flyer II - Waldameer
25. Phoenix - Knoebels
26. Goliath - Six Flags Over Georgia
27. Flight Deck - California's Great America
28. Kumba - Busch Gardens Tampa Bay
29. Montana Triple Loop - La Feria Chapultepec Magico
30. Lightning Run - Kentucky Kingdom

Twisted Cyclone was fantastic. Although short, it's one of the best flowing RMCs yet.

And while I'm here...I mentioned in my trip report thread that rankings are so unbelievably subjective and that Thunderhead at Dollywood really exhibited that this past weekend. In one single day, my opinion of the ride became much more favorable between my first and last ride (as did the rest of my group's opinion of it). On that same day, I saw another person state that it was incredibly rough - something that I did not agree with. Then I start thinking about how people say some other rides operate, such as Phoenix, Boulder Dash, or Cornball. All three of these woodies likely have the same sort of all across the board reactions. I've heard people say that each of those three woodies are front of the train rides. I've heard people say that Boulder Dash is unbearably rough anywhere besides the front seat. I've heard people claim that both Mine Blower and Ravine Flyer II are rough - an opinion on which I will vehemently disagree with anybody.

So why do people's opinions on various rides differ so much? @Hyde's recent post is a good insight regarding personal preference. Wow factor and length are two obvious driving factors behind my rankings. Maybe someone was in a bad mood from a stressful drive to the park or maybe a major attraction was closed? I'm sure recency bias also plays into rankings more significantly that any of us would let on. But what else is there besides personal preference? How could one person think a ride is smooth and another person think it's rough on the exact same day? As far as natural phenomena...temperature, humidity, sun load, precipitation, train weight, life cycle of moving parts...there are so many variables that change even from hour to hour it makes me wonder why we even bother roasting each other over a "questionable" placement of a ride in any given person's rankings.

Lightning Rod is at Cedar Point?

HeartlineCoaster

Theme Park Superhero
Right now, this is how various statistics correlate with ride rankings
Inspirational stuff.

Just made a slightly different attempt at my own here, though it was probably an overly complicated process.
I currently maintain a separate database for the below stats that doesn't include all my creds, in that it filters out rides of 'insignificance', clones or things with (unfortunately) unknown values.
It may have tightened the range slightly, but it should be just as valid for getting an idea of what I like best.
Higher number = a more significant factor.

Length: 0.297
Speed: 0.293
How new it is¹ - 0.291
Height: 0.288
Elements²: 0.267
Theming³: 0.257
Inversions: 0.255
How old it is¹: 0.139

¹Interestingly this method also manages to put two different spins on the value of 'opening year'. Which was yours?
²Something I'll call 'whether it has particular features like launches and stuff (and how many)'
³No facts here, just a personal rating for interest's sake

Matt N

CF Legend
Call me mad, but I've decided to rifle through Captain Coaster and rank everything I've ever ridden! Yes... absolutely everything, from B&M hypers to Vekoma Rollerskaters! I thought it might be interesting, and I decided it'd be best to do it now while I've still got a sort of low coaster count, so here is the top 30 out of my list:
Matt N's Top 30 Coasters
(You may note that while I was at it, I also decided to rearrange my coaster rankings slightly! Coasters that I've moved are in italics.)
  1. Mako (SeaWorld Orlando)
  2. Icon (Blackpool Pleasure Beach)
  3. Montu (Busch Gardens Tampa)
  4. SheiKra (Busch Gardens Tampa)
  5. Nemesis (Alton Towers)
  6. The Swarm (Thorpe Park)
  7. The Smiler (Alton Towers)
  8. Kraken (SeaWorld Orlando)
  9. Kumba (Busch Gardens Tampa)
  10. Wicker Man (Alton Towers)
  11. Megafobia (Oakwood)
  12. Incredible Hulk (Universal's Islands of Adventure)
  13. Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit (Universal Studios Florida)
  14. Stealth (Thorpe Park)
  15. Nemesis Inferno (Thorpe Park)
  16. Speed (Oakwood)
  17. Nickelodeon Streak (Blackpool Pleasure Beach)
  18. Oblivion (Alton Towers)
  19. Cheetah Hunt (Busch Gardens Tampa)
  20. Manta (SeaWorld Orlando)
  21. Galactica (Alton Towers)
  22. Revenge of the Mummy (Universal Studios Florida)
  23. Big Dipper (Blackpool Pleasure Beach)
  24. Expedition Everest (Disney's Animal Kingdom)
  25. Harry Potter and the Escape from Gringotts (Universal Studios Florida)
  26. Thirteen (Alton Towers)
  27. Cobra's Curse (Busch Gardens Tampa)
  28. Dragon's Fury (Chessington World of Adventures)
  29. Revolution (Blackpool Pleasure Beach)
  30. Shockwave (Drayton Manor)
As I also decided to rearrange my top 10 slightly, I'm also updating my top 10 with explanations:
Matt N's Top 10 Coasters (with explanations)
  1. Mako (SeaWorld Orlando) - This was my first B&M hyper, and wow! It blew me away! Before I had the opportunity to ride, I had very high expectations of it, but I kept thinking to myself from watching POVs of different B&M hypers; "What do they [coaster enthusiasts] all like so much? It's just a load of hills in a row! Where are the inversions?" But after that first ride on Mako, on the 23rd August 2016, in second row, I was wowed! The airtime was immense, with the drop really pulling me over with an immense moment of airtime. The hills all had an immense amount of airtime too. The ending also provided some nice twisty fun. When I read reviews online after riding, I was thinking "Trim? What trim? I couldn't notice any trim!" And it was so, so smooth! One of the smoothest coasters I've ever ridden. As soon as Mako ended, I just knew it was the best thing I'd ever ridden. Is that what you guys felt like when you first stepped off of El Toro, Lightning Rod, Taron and other highly rated coasters? In conclusion: best thing ever for me. Out of 39 coasters, this is my favourite.
  2. Icon (Blackpool Pleasure Beach) - Icon is just stunning! There's quite a bit of decent airtime on the ride, in my opinion, and I also feel that the ride has excellent pacing and some surprisingly intense moments! It's blissfully smooth too, in my opinion! The launches, while not packing as much initial burst as a hydraulic launch, still boost the train with decent force, in my opinion; the second launch especially is simply amazing! You're already going at a decent speed, and then it just blasts you forward with another huge speed boost; I love it! Besides, the launches merely act as a method of propulsion on Icon; I personally feel that Icon is more focused on an overall package than one element of the coaster, and if you ask me, it is one stunning coaster experience! Blackpool and Mack should be very proud of what they've accomplished with Icon, in my opinion!
  3. Montu (Busch Gardens Tampa) - It's just like Nemesis but longer. What's not to love?
  4. SheiKra (Busch Gardens Tampa) - I was not expecting to like SheiKra as much as I did. It's such a great ride! It packs a punch, the drops are great, it's quite smooth for a 12 year old coaster and I just adore this ride! Fun fact for you guys: SheiKra is actually my Dad's number 1 coaster!
  5. Nemesis (Alton Towers) - Brlliance. Sheer brilliance is what this ride is. John Wardley is a genius. Where do I even start with Nemesis' awesomeness? It's still one of the most forceful and intense roller coasters I've ever ridden. For the first few years I rode, I actually came off Nemesis with a sort of dizzy/light-headed feeling which strangely, no ride other than Montu in 2016 has given me. Also, I love that the ride builds up speed as it goes on and is still going at the same speed it started at when it hits the brake run. It's incredibly smooth for a 23 year old coaster, as well! It does have a very slight rattle to it on some rides, but this is more than acceptable at the ride's age. There are no kinks, jolts or roughness whatsoever in the trackwork itself. In fact, I actually reckon I may have had a Mako smooth ride in July 2017, with no rattle whatsoever. It just glided forcefully along the track! It was great!
  6. The Swarm (Thorpe Park) - I love this attraction! It packs a punch, it's virtually Mako smooth, the seating position makes for an interesting ride experience, the theming is excellent and it's just a great ride. I don't really get all the hate for wing coasters, as Swarm is fantastic in my opinion. Although in a way, I am slightly worried that I've overrated the Swarm. I last rode in May 2015, so I may have to rejudge in 2018. A reride in May 2018 didn't change my opinion.
  7. The Smiler (Alton Towers) - This ride is seriously messed up, from the ton of inversions to the theme, and I like it! This coaster is actually quite intense, but in a different sort of way to rides like Nemesis and Montu. Rides like Nemesis and Montu are intense in a forceful way, whereas the Smiler is intense in a crazy/dizzying sort of way, if you get what I mean. Gerstlauer were actually very clever in how they designed the Smiler's layout, because every single inversion adds to the feeling of dizziness and disorientation you get during the ride. I have also not found the Smiler overly rough, just a bit rattly. The rattle is more noticeable than on the park's B&M coasters, but is nothing too unbearable. I did have a pretty rough back row ride, however. And don't forget the cobra roll exit. An exit from one of the dive loops has a pretty hard jolt, as well. If the ride is any rougher when I next ride, I may consider bumping it down a few spots, as I'm not a fan at all of rough coasters. Some of my 2018 rerides on Smiler actually haven't been that bad rattle-wise, so it maintains its #7 spot for now. One thing I do find interesting, however, is that I actually think Speed at Oakwood is smoother, and it's 7 years older than Smiler.
  8. Kraken (SeaWorld Orlando) - I was pleasantly surprised with Kraken! It was not as rough as I was expecting and I actually thought that it was pretty fast and packing a good force when I rode! It felt lovely and powerful, in my opinion, and reasonably smooth, too!
  9. Kumba (Busch Gardens Tampa) - Yes; after giving it a little more thought, Kumba has made it into my top 10! The more I think about it, the more I remember Kumba being quite good! From the one ride I had on it, it was relatively smooth for a ride of its age, had some good g-forces and was generally a really good ride! The only reason it's below Kraken for me is because I didn't personally think it quite had that same level of pacing that Kraken did.
  10. Wicker Man (Alton Towers) - Well, well, well... I think Wicker Man might possibly be one of the most surprising attractions I've ridden in a while! During its construction, I was expecting a similar level of thrill to Thirteen from this ride, but I remained cautiously optimistic. And I was right to, as Wicker Man is a fantastic ride! It's pretty wild, and actually quite forceful in portions, even if not quite as forceful as Megafobia! The ride also had 2 pretty good pops of airtime following the not-so-boring corner, even though the airtime is not as strong for me as Megafobia's. The reason I prefer this to Megafobia, though, is because; it's smoother, with more comfortable trains; the transitions are much better and more thrilling than Megafobia's and just because I think I enjoyed the ride just a little bit more than I enjoyed Megafobia. Overall, Wicker Man is absolutely fantastic, and it really makes me want to ride more GCIs in the future.
Here is my whole list if you'd like to see it: https://captaincoaster.com/en/lists/192

I must admit that this was quite difficult for me, as I'm terribly indecisive and I don't normally like to rank family coasters up against thrill coasters due to them being gentler rides intended for younger audiences and all, but I must admit that it felt quite satisfying having a place for everything within my list!

Last edited:

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Inspirational stuff.

Just made a slightly different attempt at my own here, though it was probably an overly complicated process.
I currently maintain a separate database for the below stats that doesn't include all my creds, in that it filters out rides of 'insignificance', clones or things with (unfortunately) unknown values.
It may have tightened the range slightly, but it should be just as valid for getting an idea of what I like best.
Higher number = a more significant factor.

Length: 0.297
Speed: 0.293
How new it is¹ - 0.291
Height: 0.288
Elements²: 0.267
Theming³: 0.257
Inversions: 0.255
How old it is¹: 0.139

¹Interestingly this method also manages to put two different spins on the value of 'opening year'. Which was yours?
²Something I'll call 'whether it has particular features like launches and stuff (and how many)'
³No facts here, just a personal rating for interest's sake
Great stuff. For your findings, were you correlating ride stats with the respective roller coaster ranking? Definitely notice a higher correlation in my model vs. yours.

For year opened, I went by the original year the ride was built. For roller coasters that were relocated, I still calculated the original year it opened. So for Firehawk (KI), I had an opening date of 2001.

HeartlineCoaster

Theme Park Superhero
^Yes, all of that was against my rankings. The difference in the correlation figures come from it being filtered down through some other calculations and they're actually percentage contributions, rather than tending towards 1.

Still trying to process what your year as a pure value having correlation boils down to in words.
Would it still be 'how much of an impact does the 'newness' of the ride have on your rankings', but as a figure from 0 to 2018?
I've got an age in either direction (0 to 104 or 104 to 0 in my case).
Shall we see if that bumps it up out of interest?

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Hmm, I may just need to see your dataset (if you can share) to better understand. I guess, are you calculating percentages of each stat (such as awarding it 33% out of 100%), and then correlating to how you rank each ride?

For those following along here, to delve more into the correlation values I shared on the previous page: a Pearson Correlation (which is what we refer to as "Correlation" for general purposes) is built on the assumption that if a statistical quantity (height, speed, length, etc.) increases at the same rate as another statistical quantity (rank), they are directly correlated, and can be inferred as causing the reason for the increase. (remember the adage, "causation equals correlation"?)

So, for instance, the graph below shows an x and y value that are directly correlated, as one increases, so does the other. And as it decreases, so too is there a decrease in the other variable:
r1.jpg

We recognize though that not everything has a direct 1-to-1 relation with other statistical quantities. For instance, every time it rains, it does not always flood. But, there is still often a relation, or, correlation. So calculating these correlations is all a function of calculating how closely related factors are. There for, maybe flooding shares a 60% relation with raining (which, going back to my figures, shows a more significant correlation and relationship than other factors). For the purpose of calculating these correlations, we need to define one factor as an independent factor (it will always be happening), and dependent factors (something we think may be caused by the independent factor). For roller coaster stat correlations, I am assuming coaster ranking to be the independent factor, and each ride statistic the dependent.

To use my rankings as a further example, Height was the highest correlation to ranking, and Duration the least. This is how each statistic graphs out versus Ranking:

High Correlation of Height and Rank
Screen Shot 2018-11-21 at 6.03.45 PM.jpg

Low Correlation of Duration and Rank
Screen Shot 2018-11-21 at 6.04.28 PM.jpg
Notice that while Height is pretty tightly plotted (dots close together), and follows a gradually decreasing trend as Rank increases, Duration is very widely scattered (what we call heteroskedasticity, my favorite word in the English language), and does not increase nor decrease as Rank increases; hence, low correlation.

To go to your question @HeartlineCoaster on how year built plays in to this, you can use the year value as itself; my hypothesis is newer roller coasters will be more highly ranked due to often being taller, faster, etc. In which case, newer roller coasters also have higher valued years (2018>1988), so you needn't adjust for counting age of a roller coaster, etc.

Snoo

The Legend
Hmm, I may just need to see your dataset (if you can share) to better understand. I guess, are you calculating percentages of each stat (such as awarding it 33% out of 100%), and then correlating to how you rank each ride?

For those following along here, to delve more into the correlation values I shared on the previous page: a Pearson Correlation (which is what we refer to as "Correlation" for general purposes) is built on the assumption that if a statistical quantity (height, speed, length, etc.) increases at the same rate as another statistical quantity (rank), they are directly correlated, and can be inferred as causing the reason for the increase. (remember the adage, "causation equals correlation"?)

So, for instance, the graph below shows an x and y value that are directly correlated, as one increases, so does the other. And as it decreases, so too is there a decrease in the other variable:
r1.jpg

We recognize though that not everything has a direct 1-to-1 relation with other statistical quantities. For instance, every time it rains, it does not always flood. But, there is still often a relation, or, correlation. So calculating these correlations is all a function of calculating how closely related factors are. There for, maybe flooding shares a 60% relation with raining (which, going back to my figures, shows a more significant correlation and relationship than other factors). For the purpose of calculating these correlations, we need to define one factor as an independent factor (it will always be happening), and dependent factors (something we think may be caused by the independent factor). For roller coaster stat correlations, I am assuming coaster ranking to be the independent factor, and each ride statistic the dependent.

To go to your question @HeartlineCoaster on how year built plays in to this, you can use the year value as itself; my hypothesis is newer roller coasters will be more highly ranked due to often being taller, faster, etc. In which case, newer roller coasters also have higher valued years (2018>1988), so you needn't adjust for counting age of a roller coaster, etc.

I can see your visible orgasm as you typed this and copied in the data.

HeartlineCoaster

Theme Park Superhero
Hmmm. So it's purely 'how much of an impact does the year have on your ranking, if any, regardless of age'?

I might have to invent a fancy name for my method, it's more of a bodge of what I already had rather than epic maths. I'll try and explain it:

Take the full data set and sort it highest to lowest in the first stat.
Give each ride a numerical score for that stat based on how many others in the list it's higher than (all automated by formula of course).
Repeat for the remaining stats.
Sum the scores of each stat across the whole set.
Sort by rank and take the top % rides of your choice.
Per stat, sum the scores in that top %.
top % score/total score

So in my case, the top 20% of rides contribute 29.7% of the total length. There's more of it at the top end of the ranks.
And 29.1% of the 'youth' to back up your hypothesis.;)

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Hmmm. So it's purely 'how much of an impact does the year have on your ranking, if any, regardless of age'?

I might have to invent a fancy name for my method, it's more of a bodge of what I already had rather than epic maths. I'll try and explain it:

Take the full data set and sort it highest to lowest in the first stat.
Give each ride a numerical score for that stat based on how many others in the list it's higher than (all automated by formula of course).
Repeat for the remaining stats.
Sum the scores of each stat across the whole set.
Sort by rank and take the top % rides of your choice.
Per stat, sum the scores in that top %.
top % score/total score

So in my case, the top 20% of rides contribute 29.7% of the total length. There's more of it at the top end of the ranks.
And 29.1% of the 'youth' to back up your hypothesis.;)
Ah, got it! An interesting approach, I like it, especially for the interesting outcome it yields.

Truthfully, you can easily calculate for correlation in Google Sheets and Excel. The equation command is literally: =CORREL(D: D,A:A), where you tell the worksheet to look at Height "D: D" as a dependent variable to Rank "A:A". And then wash, rinse, repeat with each other variable. (I also took the absolute value of the outcome, as it will show a negative correlation.

For those interested on some additional simple reading on correlations, here's a good rundown: http://onlinestatbook.com/2/describing_bivariate_data/pearson.html

HeartlineCoaster

Theme Park Superhero
Truthfully, you can easily calculate for correlation in Google Sheets and Excel.
Done.
Turns out my figures are lower with your method anyway, but some surprisingly different results:

Against raw data
Length: 0.366¹
Year: 0.363
Speed: 0.321
Height: 0.305
Theming²: 0.287
Elements³: 0.165
Inversions: 0.008 (who needs 'em)

Against the 'scored' data

How new it is: 0.460
Length: 0.400
Speed: 0.383
Height: 0.317
Theming: 0.305
Elements: 0.158
Inversions: -0.015 (who needs 'em)

How old it is: -0.460 (at least that maths works)

¹I've been trimming these decimal places just for @Howie
²No facts here, just a personal rating for interest's sake
³Something I'll call 'whether it has particular features like launches and stuff (and how many)'

silenthillXD

Hyper Poster
So after my Orlando trip I have a pretty much entirely new top 10! Got to say find it pretty hilarious how there's now no UK coasters in my top 10. Just goes to show how poor our line-up is over here compared to the rest of the world. Probably quite a few controversial opinions in here so please go ahead and read me for my choices.

1. Mine Blower - Damn this thing is relentlessly aggressive. This was my first GG woodie and I've got to say, it's really made me question why anyone would bother investing in a GCI. The ride was packed full of airtime, it seemed to want to throw me out at every opportunity it had. The zero-g was fantastic too and
2. Mako - My first B&M hyper and it didn't let me down one bit. Absolutely full of fantastic floater airtime, had some really neat turnarounds and the layout was of a reasonable length. The only downside are those damned trims and that MCBR which always seemed to bring my restraint down those few extra clicks.
3. ShieKra - Why did no-one warn me about how intense the drops on this thing are?! I went in expecting Oblivion level intensity and came off absolutely shocked! The drops on this ride are incredible, the intensity hits you from the second you release from the holding break. Absolutely adore this coaster! Shame it's stuck in a god-awful park.
4. The Incredible Hulk - Probably one of the most 'fun' coasters I have ever been on. It pretty much has everything you could want in a coaster. Great inversions, a fun launch and some fantastic onboard audio.
5. Montu - What do I need to say about Montu that hasn't been said before. It's intense, has a great long layout and has some tight snappy transitions that really whip you around (in a good way). Just saying, I can't understand how anyone could put this ride on the same pegging as Nemesis. There's no real comparison to be had. While nemesis has the better theming for sure, the ride itself is noway near as good as Montu.
6. Star Wars Hyperspace Mountain (Paris) - Controversial I know, but with the new restraints this one is actually really enjoyable! The layout is just great fun, I found the inclined launch to be quite powerful and the theming/effects really ascend this ride to another level. Probably the only person to rank this coaster this highly, but yeah I find it super enjoyable.
7. Revenge of the Mummy - Just wow. Definitely one of the best indoors coasters out there. I absolutely love the theming, effects and storyline behind the coaster. It also has a surprisingly good layout too! The launches pack a decent enough punch and there's some really good airtime in there too! Definitely one I look forward to riding on my return.
8. Space Mountain (Alpha) - Probably my biggest surprise of the Orlando trip. Going in looking at the stats from RCDB I wasn't expecting much. Needless to say my first ride was pretty much a mixture of shock and pure fear. Neve before has a ride felt so sketchy yet so enjoyable at the same time. I just love the abruptness of the drops, it really makes it a unique experience.
9. Rock 'n' Rollercoaster (Orlando) - Wow what a difference fully working audio and some cardboard cutouts make. Having been super disappointed with the lacklustre Paris version I went into this one thinking it wouldn't be much better. Boy was I wrong. The layout is actually pretty good fun, but the music is what really sets it apart. It's such a fun experience, nothing mind-blowing but definitely very re-ridable.
10. Kumba - Despite the ops being absolutely godawful I loved Kumba. The layout is pretty intense and packs a lot of variety in. I just wish it ran a little bit smoother and had some more theming. That said the rides interaction with itself, the station and the terrain is fab!

Snoo

The Legend
So after my Orlando trip I have a pretty much entirely new top 10! Got to say find it pretty hilarious how there's now no UK coasters in my top 10. Just goes to show how poor our line-up is over here compared to the rest of the world. Probably quite a few controversial opinions in here so please go ahead and read me for my choices.

1. Mine Blower - Damn this thing is relentlessly aggressive. This was my first GG woodie and I've got to say, it's really made me question why anyone would bother investing in a GCI. The ride was packed full of airtime, it seemed to want to throw me out at every opportunity it had. The zero-g was fantastic too and
2. Mako - My first B&M hyper and it didn't let me down one bit. Absolutely full of fantastic floater airtime, had some really neat turnarounds and the layout was of a reasonable length. The only downside are those damned trims and that MCBR which always seemed to bring my restraint down those few extra clicks.
3. ShieKra - Why did no-one warn me about how intense the drops on this thing are?! I went in expecting Oblivion level intensity and came off absolutely shocked! The drops on this ride are incredible, the intensity hits you from the second you release from the holding break. Absolutely adore this coaster! Shame it's stuck in a god-awful park.
4. The Incredible Hulk - Probably one of the most 'fun' coasters I have ever been on. It pretty much has everything you could want in a coaster. Great inversions, a fun launch and some fantastic onboard audio.
5. Montu - What do I need to say about Montu that hasn't been said before. It's intense, has a great long layout and has some tight snappy transitions that really whip you around (in a good way). Just saying, I can't understand how anyone could put this ride on the same pegging as Nemesis. There's no real comparison to be had. While nemesis has the better theming for sure, the ride itself is noway near as good as Montu.
6. Star Wars Hyperspace Mountain (Paris) - Controversial I know, but with the new restraints this one is actually really enjoyable! The layout is just great fun, I found the inclined launch to be quite powerful and the theming/effects really ascend this ride to another level. Probably the only person to rank this coaster this highly, but yeah I find it super enjoyable.
7. Revenge of the Mummy - Just wow. Definitely one of the best indoors coasters out there. I absolutely love the theming, effects and storyline behind the coaster. It also has a surprisingly good layout too! The launches pack a decent enough punch and there's some really good airtime in there too! Definitely one I look forward to riding on my return.
8. Space Mountain (Alpha) - Probably my biggest surprise of the Orlando trip. Going in looking at the stats from RCDB I wasn't expecting much. Needless to say my first ride was pretty much a mixture of shock and pure fear. Neve before has a ride felt so sketchy yet so enjoyable at the same time. I just love the abruptness of the drops, it really makes it a unique experience.
9. Rock 'n' Rollercoaster (Orlando) - Wow what a difference fully working audio and some cardboard cutouts make. Having been super disappointed with the lacklustre Paris version I went into this one thinking it wouldn't be much better. Boy was I wrong. The layout is actually pretty good fun, but the music is what really sets it apart. It's such a fun experience, nothing mind-blowing but definitely very re-ridable.
10. Kumba - Despite the ops being absolutely godawful I loved Kumba. The layout is pretty intense and packs a lot of variety in. I just wish it ran a little bit smoother and had some more theming. That said the rides interaction with itself, the station and the terrain is fab!

My dude! Love me some Mine Blower. Need to get you on some more GG rides. They're all pretty damn good in many respects.

Peet

Giga Poster
Time to update my Top 10; new for 2018 in bold.

1. Hyperion
- Mighty first drop, and I love that dive drop where most Hypers just have a boring turnaround.
2. Helix - Obviously. No explanation needed.
3. Shambhala - Drops below Helix now that I have been on a better Hyper.
4. Flying Aces - Long and relentless, packed with fun.
5. Twisted Colossus - My only RMC, can't wait to ride some more next year.
6. Nemesis - Still my emotional favourite.
7. Cú Chulainn - Brilliant ride, still not sure about the man on the front of the train.
8. Wodan - Great in the day, unbelievable at night.
9. Lech - It's worth the black-outs; love the barrel roll through the station.
10. X2 - What an experience. I only got one ride which is clearly nowhere near enough.

b&mfanboy123

Mega Poster

Busch GARDENS TAMPA IS NOT A GOD AWFUL PARK! MUCH BETTER THAN MAGIC KINGDOM!

Matt N

CF Legend
To be fair to @silenthillXD, everyone has different opinions, and my family didn't really seem to like Busch Gardens apart from me! For me, Busch Gardens Tampa is a nice park with a great coaster selection, but not one of my favourite parks! I wouldn't place it in my top 5 parks, but it's somewhere just outside the top 5 alongside SeaWorld Orlando!