What's new

Lightning Rod Status

YUNG_CHOPPA

Mega Poster
I can't believe it still has problems. In 2017 the first time I went there I waited 2 hours in line and it broke down right before I was about to get on. The second time I went there I was able to ride it, and it blew me away. Lightning Rod is metaphorically like the hottest girl ever she just doesn't want to have sex often.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aaron Smith

Mega Poster
I didn't find the ride rough at all and honestly can't even remember the jolt at the bottom of the first hill. Maybe I was just so happy to get on it (4 times) since it's had so many problems.

Snoo

The Legend
I didn't find the ride rough at all and honestly can't even remember the jolt at the bottom of the first hill. Maybe I was just so happy to get on it (4 times) since it's had so many problems.

I think that may be the case for most people. I've been to the park 4 times since the ride should have opened and only been on it during one visit. Luckily, that visit was insanely awesome with night ERT so it's tough to top. That being said, 25% operation is ATROCIOUS.

DelPiero

Strata Poster
I've been once and it was open both days so I got upwards of 20 rides on it, the epitome of reliable imo.
Yeah there's a minor patch at the bottom of the first drop but nothing worse than all of us have experienced elsewhere.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
The ride still has no zero cars. The front part of the chassis has now been painted though, so it looks like this may be the permanent fix, but I mean at least it improves the view!
Video by ThatIntaminGuy.

Pear

Strata Poster
Was closed today.

On another note Mystery Mine was also closed and rides kept breaking all day and at one point, the only major coasters open were Firechaser and Tennesse Tornado. I ended up getting a refund and leaving the park.
Took long enough but I finally managed to ride this thing!

What an insane coaster. The launch was great the airtime was incredible and the quad down is just pure bliss. This easily takes my #2 spot!

Side note: Mystery Mine is still closed and hasn't operated yet this season

b&mfanboy123

Mega Poster
Took long enough but I finally managed to ride this thing!

What an insane coaster. The launch was great the airtime was incredible and the quad down is just pure bliss. This easily takes my #2 spot!

Side note: Mystery Mine is still closed and hasn't operated yet this season
#RMCITORWRECKIT

Youngster Joey

Strata Poster
There is still a jolt when the train starts to pull up.
This jolt is not painful.
This jolt has never been painful.
If you find said jolt painful, you are weak.
Hard disagree. The jolt at the bottom in the drop towards the back of the train IS painful. It's not about being weak, it's a detractor to the ride full stop. Calling someone weak for that, what purpose does it serve other then putting people down. The ride is still great but that was and apparently is still an issue.

CookieCoasters

Giga Poster
I agree with @Youngster Joey. In some seats the jolt was essentially nonexistent but in others it was rather unpleasant. I generally stuck to riding in odd-numbered rows (front of car) as in them it seemed to not be an issue.

Still feel blessed that I got to ride it last year given that it closed for like 3 months less than a week after my visit...

MestnyiGeroi

Giga Poster
Is the pothole a new development? Just asking because I rode LR ten times in August of 2017 and I don’t remember noticing anything at the bottom of the drop.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Nope. I very vividly remember it when it had just opened a few days prior to the 2016 US live. It was my first ride and i was right in the back row.
Yup, the jolt has been there from the outset. I never got stung by it too badly, but I totally understand how you could have if the particular seat you were in suffered.

It's a shame they haven't used all this downtime to fix it, really.

DelPiero

Strata Poster
Man, that video really shows how neutered the ride is now, the lack of launch fins near the top really effects the first few elements :(
Got a feeling the next time I ride this it will slip down my rankings.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Man, that video really shows how neutered the ride is now, the lack of launch fins near the top really effects the first few elements :(
Yeah, but it's not about the first few elements is it? It's about the quad-down. It's always only about the quad-down. :p

And I still think that bit looks pretty good. ;)

Snoo

The Legend
Yeah, but it's not about the first few elements is it? It's about the quad-down. It's always only about the quad-down. :p

And I still think that bit looks pretty good. ;)
The quad down is the highlight but it's definitely not flying like it originally was though. It MURDERED you in all the right ways down that quad. That element won me over and I came off underwhelmed after viewing that POV. Let's hope its just early season slowness.

Aaron Smith

Mega Poster
I rode it last row left side of the train and don't remember any jolt. hmmmm.... The quad down is absolutely the highlight of the ride. I probably missed the reasoning, but why did they remove some of the launch fins from the top of the hill? Was it going too fast?

Matt N

CF Legend
I'd presume the coaster is still just as good as it was before; @Pear only rode it recently, and he ranks it as his #2, citing the airtime as amazing in his above review!

However, I will admit that that POV makes it look slightly slower through some elements and I'd also say it sounds slightly rougher. Shouldn't have a huge impact in the long run, though!