What's new

Biggest Disappointment...

DelPiero

Strata Poster
I didn't expect Baco to be good, but I never expected it to be quite that bad. Back row is absolutely terrible.
I expected a lot more out of Shambhala, very disappointed.
I also expected a lot more from Bizarro/Superman ROS, and while it got slightly better later on it still wasn't the world beater I'd heard about.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I didn't expect Baco to be good, but I never expected it to be quite that bad. Back row is absolutely terrible.
I expected a lot more out of Shambhala, very disappointed.
I also expected a lot more from Bizarro/Superman ROS, and while it got slightly better later on it still wasn't the world beater I'd heard about.
Agree with all three of these. Although am willing to give Shambhala the benefit of the doubt - that was a freezing series of rides!

Youngster Joey

Strata Poster
Yeah, the final 2 rides in the back row were good but not great at all. She doesn't like the cold it seems.

It was incredible when i rode it just before close back in August 2012 but it was also Balls ass hot all day. It still rode great when it opened the next morning but this was also back in 2012 before I had ridden a ton of the coasters that make up my top 10 now and I think my tastes have definitely changed. I hope you all get a chance to ride it when it's a warmer day. It's definitely a ride I'll never forget even knowing there's a low chance I'll ever ride it again.

peep

CF Legend
Phoenix. Y'all are :emoji_poop:ed in the head if you think this ride should rank high. It's an extremely average kiddie coaster that just so happens to have buzz bars. Don't understand how ACErs cream themselves over this ride yet barely fit on it.

I think this might be similar to other woodies where they just have good and bad days? For me it was a relentless air time machine.

Balder Dash was just tedious and boring for me and I've been told it was "just a bad day".

I think El Toro might be my biggest disappointment though. It was so hyped that it ended up being a bit rubbish for me. I'd like to go back and give it another chance.

Peet

Giga Poster
Yeh another vote for Balder here. I'd come straight from Tusenfryd and loved Thundercoaster, was expecting Balder to be even better but it was just so predictable and gentle. I prefer the rough, out-of-control crazy fun of Thundercoaster any day.

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
I'm going to shout at Millennium Force here. It's an objectively well made ride, don't get me wrong, but I just didn't find it all that exciting. Minimal airtime, few forces, and a rather repetitive layout. I did finally ride it front row and had an enjoyable time, but it really is just Raging Bull with consistent pacing.

Sent from my VS501 using Tapatalk

vaugc002

Mega Poster
To join the Balder debate - it's definitely more formulaic and predictable than other woodies which certainly detracts form the usual 'wild' feeling they give.
But the airtime is still ridiculously intense, especially in the back row. So it escaped disappointment for me.

Howie

Donkey in a hat
Like so many other coasters out there, Balder is one that has to be ridden right. My first go, early afternoon, middle row, sunny day... yeah it was decent enough, nothing spectacular mind.
My second go, later that night, in the dark, at the back, just after a light sprinkling of rain - my god, it was biblical! @Ben was there - he'll tell you. Tell 'em Ben.

Last edited:

DelPiero

Strata Poster
Like so many other coasters out there, Balder is one that has to be ridden right. My first go, early afternoon, middle row, sunny day... yeah it was decent enough, nothing spectacular mind.
My second go, later that night, in the dark, at the back, just after a light sprinkling of rain - my god, it was biblical! @Ben was there - he'll tell you. Tell 'em Ben.
You are my biggest disappointment. Just so much waffle ;)

Geeky Pastimes

Mega Poster
Another vote for Balder here, the turns are so dull so it's literally just airtime hill after airtime hill with nothing else going for it.
Also El Toro. I really like Wodan and was hoping for a bigger, more intense version, but it was just missing something, probably because I overhyped it for myself.
Biggest disappointment has been Wildfire at Kolmarden. I absolutely loved Twisted Colossus as my first RMC and was so excited to go on one that was meant to be a much better ride, but despite being in a beautiful setting with a a couple of awesome unique elements, it just loses so much steam half way round and gets dull too quickly. I think the lack of queues there probably don't help as there's very little excitement round the station when it's a walk on all day on a Saturday.

zazobo

Hyper Poster

Yesss. THIS! A good coaster on a normal day, but on a rainy august evening it is INSANE.

Y. Kim

Mega Poster
  • Rolling X Train(Everland):Before retracking it was:emoji_poop:ish. With the local GPs grading it's good with Vekoma train, I rode in March and it was :emoji_poop::emoji_poop:. Jerky helics and head-breaking vertical loop and a headbanger.
  • 1st ride of Phaethon: Gotten a row 8 ride, and expected a great back seat ride but not as my expectation. But in October visit, I've gotten a fortunate row 1 ride and gotten a best ride of any B&M invert at night(16th ride)

rich210uk

Mega Poster
Icon, Blackpool: I just didnt get the hype. I could run faster than the launch, the top hat slowed it down too much and the twisting and turning was just plain. I do get however, they spent a lot of time and effort getting this ride to fit around everything but for me, they forgot about the "Ride" bit. It was kind of pitched against The Wicker Man during the summer, by the press and GP, for me The Wicker Man was far more exciting.

Scream, SFMM: This might seem obvious to some, but as many do, I love a B&M. Yes it is plonked on the car park, of which they could hardly be bothered to remove the white lines but I was excited for our ride but It was just, meh. Bit jolty at points and totally lacked something.