What's new

Walibi Belgium ready for its transformation!

JoshC.

Strata Poster
The final third of the layout looks bloody insane and I can't wait for this thing to come to life.

Intamin you geniuses.

Coaster Hipster

Giga Poster
Dat second half is nuts. So... much... airtime!!!!

For those who wonder how Intamin got a hold on RMC's drugs, here is my attempt to share some insight. Back at EAS 2018 last September, I talked to Camiel Bilsen who is Intamin's new young coaster designer. The new designs are a team effort but he's played a decisive part in the bolder approach we see now. I remember him telling me that Intamin's competitors are "doing left and right crazy elements" and that his company has to go beyond unspoken rules to "stay on top of the game". Now I truly see what he meant!

That's what the young guy did on NL2 back as an engineering student. It's a wonderful story that he's now able to share his vision and passion on real life, high scale projects like this!

Fantastic job Intamin and Walibi! So excited for this <3

oriolat2

Giga Poster
I think Walibi and Intamin just outdid themselves with this coaster! I just love that Intamin strikes back with their megas ONCE again. It's almost funny that this is at the Goliath's sister park, yet this one is balls-to-the-wall crazy!

When I thought the mega would be made by Mack and be gentle and graceful, wham! Hats off to Walibi, for sure!

JoshC.

Strata Poster
I'm going to be that guy who points out that, whilst 50m is taller than any coaster in France currently, Parc Asterix's 2021 cred is slated to be 51m tall. Awkward.

Coaster Hipster

Giga Poster
On the French forums, KingRCT3 noted a suspiciously similarity between Expedition GeForce and Walibi Belgium Hyper's drops:

ffOvAXs.jpg

Even the support structure, the whip of the drop look alike. Considering both coasters are manufactured by the same company (obviously), I wonder if this is some sort of subtle homage Intamin is paying to one of their iconic rides - 2021 will be EGF's 20th anniversary after all!

b&mfanboy123

Mega Poster
On the French forums, KingRCT3 noted a suspiciously similarity between Expedition GeForce and Walibi Belgium Hyper's drops:

ffOvAXs.jpg

Even the support structure, the whip of the drop look alike. Considering both coasters are manufactured by the same company (obviously), I wonder if this is some sort of subtle homage Intamin is paying to one of their iconic rides - 2021 will be EGF's 20th anniversary after all!
Good point, but G-Force's drop has a more aggresive banking going inward and then back out, while the new one aligns and then continues on.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
Dat second half is nuts. So... much... airtime!!!!

For those who wonder how Intamin got a hold on RMC's drugs, here is my attempt to share some insight. Back at EAS 2018 last September, I talked to Camiel Bilsen who is Intamin's new young coaster designer. The new designs are a team effort but he's played a decisive part in the bolder approach we see now. I remember him telling me that Intamin's competitors are "doing left and right crazy elements" and that his company has to go beyond unspoken rules to "stay on top of the game". Now I truly see what he meant!

That's what the young guy did on NL2 back as an engineering student. It's a wonderful story that he's now able to share his vision and passion on real life, high scale projects like this!

Fantastic job Intamin and Walibi! So excited for this <3

This is absolutely incredible! What they're doing isn't so much of a reinvention, but they're subtly manipulating the track in various areas to achieve a certain effect. As seen in that video, just a subtle shift in profile is all it takes. The Gravity Group did this with Mine Blower's barrel roll entrance, which provides a good pop of air throughout the roll, and it explains the bizarre airtime on Goliath's overbanked turn.

DelPiero

Strata Poster
Paying homage to, and redesigning EGFs drop for this coaster isn't a bad thing. It's still up there with one of my favourite drops ever, the back left is sublime!
I think we'll need to have the Americans over for a weekend once this has opened.

Chris Brown

Mr CoasterForce 2016
This looks insane, as said the last 1/3 of the ride is just bonkers, just gotta try work out which is best between this and the Parc Astérix coaster, think this is slightly edging it for me at first glimpse.

peep

CF Legend
I guess this puts a conclusive end to all the "Walibi Belgium builds only shuttle coasters" joke.

To be honest, I was a bit back-and-forth on whether I liked that or not.

I'm a little sad this and the Asterix cred aren't the other way around just to keep up the shuttle thing going.

It actually looks like a good coaster though, Walibi's expansion over the last few years and into the next few is just incredible.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Well that's the 2020 Euro-Live sorted: Walibi Belgium & Parc Asterix.