What's new

Ice Mountain

Thekingin64

Strata Poster
Sorry if this has been asked before but I'm confused over the status of the Ice Mountain spinning mouse ride usually at Hyde Park Winter Wonderland. I understand it used to be owned by Mellors before being sold off recently to James Crow. Whats confusing is that while RCDB mentions that it was indeed sold, a blue Spinning Mouse is currently under construction at Winter Wonderland that is likely to be Ice Mountain so don't know if it was ever sold or this is a new ride entirely.
upload_2018-11-9_16-34-19.png

To add to the confusion, Coaster Count has listed 2 Ice Mountain rides owned by Mellors, one which was sold to Crow (also on RCDB from it's time at Fantasy Island with another one still owned by Mellors:
upload_2018-11-9_16-35-27.png
upload_2018-11-9_16-35-51.png
upload_2018-11-9_16-36-26.png
upload_2018-11-9_16-36-51.png
upload_2018-11-9_16-37-14.png
(ignore the email I happened to recieve at same time as screenshot...)

"Magic Mouse" appears to be the old Ice Mountain which I've ridden as Ice Mountain and under new ownership but don't know about the other Ice Mountain listed. Usefully, both have been to Fantasy Island at some point as well. Anyone know anything I don't here?

(sometimes, I hate trying to keep track of these travelling spinning mice...)

EDIT: @roomraider , I feel you might some answers here. At least likely to have more of an idea than me... Also, if this should be in the Unsolved Coaster Mysteries topic, feel free to merge!

Last edited:

HeartlineCoaster

Theme Park Superhero
As far as I'm aware, the Magic Mouse you've shown there with 3 listings was Ice Mountain in 2013, when I got it, but no longer is. If it stays with the same owner/park, then the name changes as it would with any coaster that gets renamed and you can't really trace it back on there other than through old pictures. In an ideal world, they would have a 'former names' section like RCDB.

The unknown with 5 listings is the one that has been to WW for the last few years as well as lived at Fantasy Island at some point. It's most recent name as a travelling ride at WW is still Ice Mountain, so it's the newer one and it hasn't changed yet.

Don't put too much stock in the whole ownership thing being permanent (it even says in RCDB about semi-permanent), it's the same scenario as OL with a lot of things living at a park then doing the rounds every year. If it lived at a park for a while and you got it there, pick that one. If you got it at a fair, do it by showman. It could be both every year.

Thekingin64

Strata Poster
Thanks for the reply, any idea which one was present at WW in 2016 then? That's the version I have ridden as Ice Mountain.

Currently have it marked as the older one (which I've definitely ridden under Crow) but now unsure. May just have to return to WW and ride it to be sure....

DelPiero

Strata Poster
There was a question on this in a FB group recently, I've tracked this for the last couple of years as well, and as far as I can tell;
There's been three different coasters inside since 2013;
2013 - Darren Matthews' Crazy Mouse - https://coaster-count.com/catalogue/europe/uk/showmen/10162/10213#c10213open - It was only there for one year
2014 - 2017 - James Mellors' Magic Mouse - https://coaster-count.com/catalogue/europe/uk/showmen/10103/10120#c10120open - Now sold to Ryan Crow, I believe this was the ride inside Ice Mountain prior to 2013 but I wasn't counting then so can't be sure.
2018 - James Mellors'/Fantasy Island's Fantasy Mouse - https://coaster-count.com/catalogue/europe/uk/parks/284/1625#c1625open - This was at Dreamland in 2017 but operated at FI consistently other than that year, including 2018. This is apparently the one at WW this year.