What's new

Most Universally Panned Attractions

streetmagix

Mega Poster
Thanks Ben, I'd almost scrubbed my mind of the Jimmy Fallon ride. That was ducking awful. I regret waiting a whole 10 minutes for it.

I'll echo DBGT, it's not terrible but it's not what it should be. Especially for the price, and the fact that it was built instead of a coaster.

I would vote for El Condor, the worlds first SLC, would be up there. My second worst coaster I've ever done, behind Insane at Grunlud.

Edward M

Strata Poster
I had repressed any memory of Jimmy Fallon’s ride. That’s the worst ride I’ve ever been on, but I wouldn’t say it’s universally panned. I’ve seen some positive feedback for the ride before. I’d say Stitch’s Great Escape is the one I’ve heard the most hate for, especially since it lasted 10+ years.

Ben

CF Legend
I had repressed any memory of Jimmy Fallon’s ride. That’s the worst ride I’ve ever been on, but I wouldn’t say it’s universally panned. I’ve seen some positive feedback for the ride before.

Who likes Jimmy Fallon?! I've genuinely never seen a single soul like that thing, and really would love to meet them and ask why. Just why.

I quite like Stitch I actually thought it was quite cute. Obviously it's not Alien, but I never did that so don't have the connection that I think a lot of the critics maybe do?

Matt N

CF Legend
What's so bad about F&F and Jimmy Fallon, for those who have ridden it? To me, they don't really look any different to any of Universal's other screen-based rides, although I had admittedly never heard of Jimmy Fallon before the ride was announced!

streetmagix

Mega Poster
In my opinion:

It feels like a cinema which judders a bit, not a true motion platform like SpiderMan.
The comedy just falls so flat, it's actually painful.
The queueing/preshow is so badly organised, with different coloured bits of paper and flashing lights and lots of shouting.
It's way too short and just kinda ends.
It just feels a bit cheap and nasty. If you took someone onto one of the Harry Potter rides and then onto Jimmy Fallon, no way would they believe they were designed by the same people or were in the same park.

However, in it's defense:
The motion platform is HUGE and is a technical marvel (see also: Kong)
It pays tribute to former presenters of The Tonight Show, and the studios area where you wait is a faithful replica. It's like a mini museum.
If they can get the queueing and preshow sorted I think it would work pretty well.
If you're a fan of the show then you probably would enjoy it, it's obvious the crew from the show worked on it. From what I've seen of the show it seems to be pretty faithful.

Matt N

CF Legend
In my opinion:

It feels like a cinema which judders a bit, not a true motion platform like SpiderMan.
The comedy just falls so flat, it's actually painful.
The queueing/preshow is so badly organised, with different coloured bits of paper and flashing lights and lots of shouting.
It's way too short and just kinda ends.
It just feels a bit cheap and nasty. If you took someone onto one of the Harry Potter rides and then onto Jimmy Fallon, no way would they believe they were designed by the same people or were in the same park.

However, in it's defense:
The motion platform is HUGE and is a technical marvel (see also: Kong)
It pays tribute to former presenters of The Tonight Show, and the studios area where you wait is a faithful replica. It's like a mini museum.
If they can get the queueing and preshow sorted I think it would work pretty well.
If you're a fan of the show then you probably would enjoy it, it's obvious the crew from the show worked on it. From what I've seen of the show it seems to be pretty faithful.
Ah right, thanks @streetmagix!