What's new

Fire at Bakken

SilverArrow

Certified Ride Geek
Not much info atm, apparently it is confined to a restaurant and fire fighters are on the scene. The park was evacuated and nobody is known to be injured.

https://www.bt.dk/krimi/brand-paa-dyrehavsbakken

Everything is quite compact at the park so it will be quite a feat if the manage to keep it to one confined area, it looks promising that they might be able to do so though.

Last edited:

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Tornado is a pile of ****. I was hoping that might have been burned down.

@SilverArrow is right, it's the woodie that matters at Bakken!

Mushroom

Goon of the Year
Oh come on! Tornado is decent. But lets hope none of the attractions are damaged

Sent from my FRD-L09 using Tapatalk

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
I just rewatched a POV of Tornado and it's obvious that the haters don't know what it's like to have fun. I think the ride looks awesome, including the crazy lift...but then again I am a slut for spinners so that does cloud my judgment.

HeartlineCoaster

Theme Park Superhero
All the lift does is give it an opportunity to viciously punch you in the neck, if you're not 100% ready for it.
Then the ride does nothing.
Part of the problem with it I think. Looks like it should be good, then disappoints in multiple ways.

Bet the local older population are upset. They're always hanging around in those restaurants watching the world go by.
Mine Train Ulven's back seats would be the only thing worth getting upset over, but it's cloned...

Snoo

The Legend
I just rewatched a POV of Tornado and it's obvious that the haters don't know what it's like to have fun. I think the ride looks awesome, including the crazy lift...but then again I am a slut for spinners so that does cloud my judgment.

7DW9.gif

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
The ride should be good, and the launch/corner-combo is bonkers, but it's ruined by atrocious restraints. They're real neck slicers, which is a terrible idea on a ride like that.

CookieCoasters

Giga Poster
The woodie is ****, especially with Tivoli’s far superior one not far away. Yeah it’s historical, but it’s not even got the brakeman anymore so I would hardly care about that. Tornado is great <3

But glad no rides in general were damaged.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I’m hoping to make it to this park next season, so you folks are doing a great job of lowering my expectations!
The saving grace with Bakken is that it's setting is lovely. Especially if you do the walk from the train station through the woods into the back of the park. None of them are actually terrible - a lot of hyperbole in this thread - it's just definitely one of those "one time visit" type places.