What's new

Skyblast Launched Megacoaster [NL2]

Ireeb

Mega Poster
Hi guys,
I consider myself still a beginner in roller coaster design, but I still wanted to post a ride I designed, mainly to get feedback, because I hope that helps me to improve.
It's nothing special and it was not supposed to be, I wanted to build a simple yet fun ride. Since this project is mainly about practicing the coaster design, I didn't spend too much time on landscaping, scenery or a creative name :D
It's a Mack Rides launched coaster model.
Without further ado, here is my coaster:

I'm looking for constructive feedback, no sugarcoating required ;)
Are there some elements that look weird or wonky to you? How do you like the flow and the layout in general? What could I have done better?

Thanks in advance for all comments :D

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Trackwork wise, I think that's actually pretty good. It's smooth and the banking works well - good work there.

The shaping of the individual elements is good, but when they're all strung together something doesn't quite work. I would say that the shaping of the transitions in between the elements is a bit too drawn out in places - certainly for a Mack. The bigger elements after the launch are notably very 'long'. The second half is much better, with the snappier, punchier feel that Mack's tend to have. Looking at something like DC Rivals, you can see how, even on the bigger elements, Mack are keeping the transitions tight and punchy.

Other stuff for realism would be starting to think about blocks (seems to be okay, actually) and storage and transfers, etc. And landscaping, as you point out.

Ireeb

Mega Poster
Trackwork wise, I think that's actually pretty good. It's smooth and the banking works well - good work there.

The shaping of the individual elements is good, but when they're all strung together something doesn't quite work. I would say that the shaping of the transitions in between the elements is a bit too drawn out in places - certainly for a Mack. The bigger elements after the launch are notably very 'long'. The second half is much better, with the snappier, punchier feel that Mack's tend to have. Looking at something like DC Rivals, you can see how, even on the bigger elements, Mack are keeping the transitions tight and punchy.

Other stuff for realism would be starting to think about blocks (seems to be okay, actually) and storage and transfers, etc. And landscaping, as you point out.
Thanks for the feedback, that's something I could work on. Sometimes I was afraid of making it too snappy, I'll try to be a bit more aggressive there.
I did build coasters before with blocks and storage and stuff, but here a MCBR was not necessary, and I was simply too lazy for the storage this time. I did make sure there is enough space for it, though. The waiting position before the station could serve as a transfer table. The existing block system works of course, even if it's rather simple. Station, track, and the section between the final brake run and the Station are all separate blocks. As I said, the layout was my main focus, and I'll keep focusing on that until I am more satisfied with my designs. In fact, I wasn't too happy with this one, but didn't want to sound too negative about myself :p I just opened up a new file, now I'll try to build something compact with many inversions. That should be just right to get in some snappieness :D