What's new

Chance Rides track spotted heading to East Coast of USA: Where could it be going?

Snoo

The Legend
upload_2018-8-13_6-11-12.png

You killing me Matt.

And who knows. There are a number of smaller parks in that direction as well as larger ones. "I-70 East" is like saying "What city on the east coast should we go to?"

TLARides

Hyper Poster
Is that Hyper GT-X track (the model for Kentucky Kingdom's Lightning Run)?

Sent from my LG-TP260 using Tapatalk

peep

CF Legend
So I've seen it mentioned elsewhere that apparently this is one of their family coasters. I don't know enough about Chance to debate on whether that is really the case.

Some on Facebook are guessing it's going to that new Nickelodeon park being built in New Jersey. Only coasters confirmed for that park are the Gerst spinner and Takabisha clone so it's either an un-announced addition or just a wrong guess.

EthanCoaster

Mega Poster
The track is too thick to be one of their family coasters (Big Dipper), so if it's not headed to Nickelodeon Universe, I would assume it's headed to a port to be loaded up and shipped overseas.

CanobieFan

Strata Poster
The new Chance coaster track is unlike the previous Big Dipper track. Seen here in their Arizona zoo coaster - https://rcdb.com/7410.htm

The Houston Aquarium had announced one like that as well. But then quietly seemed to unannounced it /// never build it. It's even been removed from rcdb at this point.

TLARides

Hyper Poster
The track is too thick to be one of their family coasters (Big Dipper), so if it's not headed to Nickelodeon Universe, I would assume it's headed to a port to be loaded up and shipped overseas.
If it's going overseas, heading East, and still only in Ohio, it'll be a while before it's shipped overseas.

Sent from my LG-TP260 using Tapatalk

Jarrett

Most Obnoxious Member 2016
Haha, there's a really good chance that track passed through my hometown.

This is huge though! I know Intermountain Lift (http://www.intermountainlift.com/#/home) has been making track for Steel Curtain so if it's going east, it would make sense it might have come from there. I know they fabricated the track for both Lightning Run and at least as of now all Premier jobs, but if we know this is Chance Rides it's Chance Rides. Looking at their website and knowing how they typically make their rides, it isn't for anything we've seen before as the ties connect on the insides of the rails, not outsides. Looks a bit big to be for a smaller family coaster as well, though coaster track is usually kind of hard to gauge size-wise. Doesn't match the crazy Unicoaster 2.0 track either so we could be looking at something really interesting from them! American Dream seems like the most logical guess for this now but as it was said, it wasn't announced whatever it is if it's there.

I'll be watching this!

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
I've just realized, the track looks like that of Steel Dragon 2000. Considering Morgan and Chance are the same company, it could very well be a hyper coaster, as it is still part of their portfolio. I still think it will be a family coaster though.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
I think we can rule out an international destination as parts are typically loaded into containers at the fabrication plant. These pieces are on flatbeds - they're almost certainly staying domestic.

As far as where it's headed...Six Flags America would make a nice lower bound, as anything further south would make more sense to take a more southerly freeway. Depending on where on I-70 the photos were taken, the track could have Darien Lake as an upper bound. I personally think Dorney is a likely candidate, but it could be any park in the mid Atlantic or New England reguons, including the small parks. The price tag on a hyper lite is doable for plenty of smaller parks.

EthanCoaster

Mega Poster
Is it possible that these get loaded into containers at the port they're shipping from? If not, the only real candidate for this in the United States would be Nickelodeon Universe Meadowlands. It's possible that they have a third, unannounced coaster. The track is also Nickelodeon orange.

Jarrett

Most Obnoxious Member 2016
ec23050d5116e5e10da6ce1b0b69bbd2.jpg

Could have done some hardware modification but I can confirm that track isn’t the same as Lightning Run’s so I doubt it’s a GTX.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
Is it possible that these get loaded into containers at the port they're shipping from?
As far as I know, ports operate on the basis that everything that enters them is already loaded into containers. I've never heard about a port container loading facility, that's an operation that's much easier to do at the origin of the journey.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
As far as I know, ports operate on the basis that everything that enters them is already loaded into containers. I've never heard about a port container loading facility, that's an operation that's much easier to do at the origin of the journey.
Yeah, ports don't have the time or interest in doing any of that crap.

I know it's not, but I'm just blissfully dreaming that it's just a new track style for one of the GTX models. It's been four years after all. Maybe they've reworked some things. Right? Right...?

EthanCoaster

Mega Poster
In that case, I’d bet on it heading to Nickelodeon Universe NJ. No other park in the Northeast has made significant clearing save Great Adventure, but even then, they’re rumored to get a Giant Discovery.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
I mean...nevermind the fact that Dorney just removed Stinger and has a reasonably sized plot of land sitting empty.

Also, let's not forget that this will be relatively small compared to a lot of other projects. Parks likely will not need to clear land for quite some time to build a GTX or a smaller family coaster. Remember that Tantrum at Darien Lake went vertical in April this past spring and opened one month later. This isn't a ****ing B&M giga we're talking about here.

EthanCoaster

Mega Poster
Also never mind the fact that the park already has Steel Force, made by the company that was absorbed into Morgan. A Hyperlite would be downsizing, there's nothing marketable about it.

I'm just saying don't get your hopes up. Dorney Park is one of the least lucrative properties for Cedar Fair and even with the smaller layout, a Cedar Fair park would have walled off the area by the start of summer (Railblazer). Not to mention the extensive teasing campaign that would have accompanied it.

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
Did this ever end up anywhere or did it vanish?
It did occur to me while reading all of the above that not all rides shipped out from US plants and heading overseas appear to ship in containers. (for whatever reason. Maybe they are going on a bulk carrier rather than container ship.)
Premier-Rides-Begins-Shipping-Hybrid-Dark-Ride.Reverse-Magentic-Launch-Coaster-to-Qatar-1024x768.jpg

At least when Premier do it it seems.