What's new

Toverland | Fenix | B&M Wing Coaster

Schlussbremse

Roller Poster
with perfectly dosed intensity..
Not sure about that :D I constantly notice a decent amount of people (no matter if first timer or experienced enthusiast) getting defeated by that Mother of some Helix. ^^ I seem to be on the lucky side having no problems so far, but maybe they designed a tiny bit to close to the margins. In terms of average passenger comfort.

Still a great ride anyhow, I love it. That Wingover-Drop-to-Flojector-Hill-Combo just kicks ass!

zazobo

Hyper Poster
Maybe you can get it a liiiitle bit if You are quite small and relatively "lose" within the wests. In my relatively young coaster career I only experienced this type significantly on the Dive Element of the Baron (which has the classic OTSR) and its final little Bunny hop before the brake run.

Yeah you're probably right, I'm only little, 5ft 4 and slim so with a loose restraint I managed some but was stapled then on in! Such a shame B&M can't make a restraint that doesn't just get tighter and tighter throughout the layout.

Tulum

Mega Poster
A few of our group experienced grey-outs at the exit of the helix. I don't really enjoy them.

Ethan

Strata Poster
Can't compare them as I did not ride FdD yet.

I wouldn't bother. I liked the airtime hill on Flug (only good part of the ride), so I'd probably like the one of Fenix even more. It's just a shame that vest restraints dampen it a lot though :(

Rob 92

Roller Poster
A guess on my part but it could be production issues from IMAscore. The CD for Alton Towers, which they teased the other day, is also delayed.

Lofty

CF Legend
It ain't as easy as just burning a CD using Windows Media Player and releasing it into the wild. There's so much that needs to go into these things, the logistics are great - not to mention the rights contracts for release and distribution etc.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Shawn Sanbrooke seems to reckon that Fenix is the best and most intense wing coaster he has ridden, and he has ridden Gatekeeper, Swarm, Flug Der Damonen and Raptor.

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
If irrelevant options are wanted: I loved Fenix. Intense. Wonderfully themed. Definitely my favourite wing coaster out of the 1 I've ridden.

Toverland released an official POV from the right wing today with the ride's soundtrack.

Last edited:

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
^I was just reassuring about people who had any doubts about this coaster.
This is best done by posting your own opinions, though. I have no idea who this Shawn guy is, how he thinks, or how he rates coasters. But I've come to know Hixee, Ben, Lofty and Sam over the years (don't think I've ever met any of them, but that's a different story...), so when their opinion was posted on the previous page, it held a lot of weight to me. Shawn is just ...some guy. A name. Might as well cite the opinion of Ruud Vreeman from Groningen. If I had doubts on whether Fenix was any good, and then was assured Ruud Vreeman liked it, I would still have my doubts, because the name means nothing to me.

Peet

Giga Poster
Shawn Sanbrooke seems to reckon that Fenix is the best and most intense wing coaster he has ridden, and he has ridden Gatekeeper, Swarm, Flug Der Damonen and Raptor.
You've gotta stop posting this crap, if we want to know what any particular vlogger thinks then we'll subscribe to them.

1st hand opinions of forum users are always welcome though IMO.