What's new

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I've yet to ride, and I do believe my fellow enthusiasts that it's great, but Icon does look a bit poo in POVs (both animated and real).

Gives me hope that something like this, which looks great in the animated POV, will see an equally big step up in reception when it's finally open!

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
I love it. It gives off similar vibes as Maverick did - it's not the biggest or the fastest, but it's going to pack a punch. Copperhead Strike looks to be quite a quality ride. Looking forward to taking a few laps on it.

DelPiero

Strata Poster
This looks great, I'm sure it will be fantastic, another one who loves the 2nd launch, wow!
I mean, I'll absolutely hate the hanging inverted top hat as it looks gross, but the rest of it is right up my street.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
I'm hoping the physical ride runs a bit faster through that top hat than what the animation shows. I'd love some good floaties, but not the hangtime as everybody has pointed out already.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Animations definitely show tons of hangtime in inversions, which is my chief concern. But Icon too looks to meander a lot, and has seen good reception - hoping for the same here.

My only real complaint with the theme is that the Copperhead reference seems so random. With that station, that show building, and those cars, it's clearly meant to be a moonshining-themed experience, why the snake in the logo, name, and story?
To shed some light on this, Copperhead Road was a popular Steve Earle song (which I posted earlier) that sings about moonshining, and has stuck as a theme for moonshiners. Thunder Road, another previous great of Carowinds, was also themed to moonshining. Copperhead is an allusion to all of this, rather than a literal copperhead snake.

YUNG_CHOPPA

Mega Poster
It looks kind of fun. I like the juju roll & the launch over an "airtime" hill. Towards the end it looks meh. I wish they would've fit in a barrel roll in the part where it's just a bunch of twists & turns. Good investment for the park I guess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pear

Strata Poster
Jojo roll!

IMG_20180921_145218.jpg

Last edited:

Hutch

Strata Poster
I'm not really a huge fan of that color. I think that comes down to Cedar Fair Orange fatigue. We'll see how it looks when it's all together.