What's new

Guilin Area PTR - Part 5: Scenery

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Now that those USA and Mexico reports are out of the way, I can get back to writing about Chinese powered dragons and jungle mouse coasters.

I’d planned this exact same trip for a year previously, but a typhoon meant that my train between Shenzhen and Guilin was cancelled, which f**ked up the whole thing and I ended up just going home. I had the same situation with work this year - a day of crap after the holidays, then five days free until my next meeting – so just redid/rebooked the exact same thing that went tits up last year.

I had an early morning train from Shenzhen, so just headed there the night before and stayed at a hotel next to the station. I was at my Guilin hotel by around 11am, they let me check in early, and then I was off for creds.

1001 Fairyland

There were two amazing creds to be had here, one of which was going to be my 1,500th. A taxi dropped me at some shopping area, but there were signs for the park. It was glorious.

UuzQhdh.jpg

87nRniI.jpg

X10Op7P.jpg

zFcaa09.jpg

ZlkLH7U.jpg

ZQMz7Tb.jpg

mubkENu.jpg

8rB9usI.jpg

QA8rN4A.jpg

Cred 1,499:

H2tI4XK.jpg

IsvEkoC.jpg

CdfenaS.jpg

xIkP7bp.jpg

Cred 1,500 was on the map:

grPKRJS.jpg

Though not in the actual park. It was supposed to be here:

GFhBHzs.jpg

So, this was the third attempt at 1,500 thwarted. Thanks to a missing Mexican cred and a closed S&S Freefly, I’d just missed out on that trip. Then I found 3 creds in a Mexican travelling fair that had closed the night before I got there. And now this. F**kers!

There was a botanical garden kind of place next to it, so I had a quick look just in case, but no surprise coasters.

rWlOszP.jpg

e4JYdkp.jpg

CZeTDr2.jpg

Taxi to the next place then:

Seven Star Park

This was a pretty big park not too far from where I was staying, so the plan was to grab the creds and walk back. It was all quite lovely, but I couldn’t find the creds anywhere.

9ybqDWk.jpg

ogyh7mk.jpg

l5Q0kGd.jpg

Hjbb5zP.jpg

XhktR1p.jpg

KZXsSCi.jpg

9gSuwI5.jpg

z27qaTc.jpg

I found a cave though. Clearly, the natural wonder that is a very impressive cave system simply isn’t good enough in tasteful China unless it’s lit up like a Disney dark ride. Fabulous.

kAisyuz.jpg

cNTNDGb.jpg

ZsX5AvT.jpg

VYWkyDd.jpg

NyiCnXc.jpg

qFKExyE.jpg

tEttIBz.jpg

zIlqDoc.jpg

Xtao00o.jpg

iyinD12.jpg

More wandering around and I saw some wild monkeys, but no creds.

yEAjJRn.jpg

2mThzxS.jpg

pBLuZno.jpg

4viyLxs.jpg

5sUcm0k.jpg

KA18peD.jpg

One far corner looked promising, but no creds.

Itsx44p.jpg

fBZulUw.jpg

RSeoDso.jpg

S814zLv.jpg

ipxGMX2.jpg

V9ICyGZ.jpg

FCb3EYm.jpg

I hadn’t eaten and was hungry, but, unfortunately, KFG was closed.

Sw1NaLJ.jpg

I was about to give up, but in a last-ditch effort thought I’d try the park’s zoo. I’d walked past it earlier and not bothered since it was a fairly expensive upcharge, but if there were any creds here, this was the last possible place they could be.

They were less than an hour off closing, and the ticket bint seemed a bit surprised that I wanted to go. They had posters of pandas, but she said, “You know no panda? Now no panda?” One of the surprising things on this trip was that a lot of people had a basic grasp of English. It’s a very tourist-oriented area, but I still wouldn’t have expected someone in a ticket booth of a crappy zoo hidden away inside a park to be able to speak much. She didn’t understand “creds” though, so I just bought the ticket.

Apart from having “no panda” (an empty enclosure where they clearly used to be), they had pretty much no anything. It was really small with nothing to actually look at.

But.

CREDS!!!!!!!

yxJtna7.jpg

FofWIqA.jpg

ZMttlo4.jpg

9TqqPRD.jpg

HDgLy7X.jpg

WN3OTxq.jpg

I rode the weird worm thing first since it would be a bit more unique for my 1,500th than a jungle mouse though it was tempting to do that for the s**ts and giggles.

zq9jACL.jpg

uwDxihl.jpg

GT7AAIx.jpg

PWKn58D.jpg

U5zKkj5.jpg

goDl6HZ.jpg

JZ0uKai.jpg

vR51Igf.jpg

5oiopVj.jpg

I’d been at Seven Star Park for a good three hours since I’d taken in the cave and wandered around for ages before I thought to look inside the zoo. My hotel wasn’t that far away - probably a 20-minute walk - so I was going to walk back, but just ended up grabbing an Ofo bike instead.

I just chilled out for a couple of hours then went for a wander that evening. The hotel was near one end of busy pedestrian shopping street with a lake at the opposite end with some pagodas and s**t.

Kxbn5zw.jpg

jtUuSJ8.jpg

p7NLdhk.jpg

htXPU9P.jpg

0q6uKkM.jpg

Khrb4cP.jpg

MUdF2kX.jpg

2HoN3fP.jpg

tgt7Vic.jpg

gh8O9DZ.jpg

UJ9zQYi.jpg

fysQkTJ.jpg

5JM6sHq.jpg

Cred whoring and a proper park in the next bit.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Christ Gavin, another report?! :D

Congratulations on the big 1500! Insanity. :p

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Hixee said:
Christ Gavin, another report?! :D

Congratulations on the big 1500! Insanity. :p

It is rather f**king ridiculous. I remember being at Flamingoland with Ben and Jake a few years ago when we were all on around 400 creds and proclaiming what an "insane" number that was.

The next day in Guilin wasn’t in Guilin, but about 170km south in Liuzhou. Regular high-speed trains meant that this was an easy trip and only around an hour each way.

There was a kiddy coaster in a park I intended to skip, opting instead to go to Liuzhou Zoo nearby. The taxi driver had other plans though and took me to the park I’d planned on skipping, probably assuming the zoo was accessible through there. I always use Didi these days (Chinese Uber), but since there was a huge row of taxis right outside the train station, I’d just jumped in one of those.

I went into the park anyway, figuring that there would be another entrance/exit at the top end which wasn’t far from the zoo.

Longtan Park

It turned out to be a decent mistake since the park was actually quite lovely.

PXcfyUM.jpg

ObECgYM.jpg

nYpvj4S.jpg

37jQCCF.jpg

hvztFqi.jpg

Got the cred:

IHx2mPO.jpg

Pz2xle4.jpg

And then walked all through the bloody place, trying to find an exit at the other side which would bring me close(ish) to the zoo. There wasn’t one, so I ended up going back out the way I’d come in.

bW7zd50.jpg

Je3kd1b.jpg

QnHHSLx.jpg

tiGD00l.jpg

I was kind of annoyed since I’d intended to skip this place. I had a lot to squeeze in and a powered dragon wasn’t a huge sacrifice to make. It was all very nice though, and it all turned out fine anyway. It was back to Didi from this point, this time to actually get to the zoo.

Liuzhou Zoo

This turned out really well since the amusement park section wasn’t actually inside the zoo at all, which made grabbing the creds very quick and easy.

1mlL61T.jpg

J8yI2Wj.jpg

SSbv5I6.jpg

There was an amazing powered dragon/jungle mouse combo which took me all of 10 minutes to bag.

SGTmWGl.jpg

sHPmgi7.jpg

o6uO1Dx.jpg

AYocikS.jpg

Shur4m9.jpg

wsIiAGD.jpg

Xb9YrSB.jpg

0LOuLA4.jpg

Good stuff. I’d made up quite a bit of time since the actual zoo didn’t need to get done, so it was back to Didi to move onto the next place.

Liuhou Park

Pretty typical inner city Chinese park.

zKkDEbn.jpg

0Yadsjv.jpg

N9yhwWj.jpg

iLJM9gd.jpg

Pretty shameful cred. Don’t care!

ww84ohr.jpg

1UQV4yp.jpg

l082OjA.jpg

mXQzQLO.jpg

And we’re off again!

Queshan Park

Annoyingly, I gambled on the wrong entrance to this place and had to walk a good 1.5km to the opposite end.

No idea why the signage was in Vietnamese…

KCtWemP.jpg

is2fTen.jpg

RNGJtla.jpg

Finally a less shameful cred.

0VYCHEU.jpg

Tr3iWCW.jpg

5nGrp3f.jpg

nP9SAqL.jpg

vFeDQDM.jpg

It turns out that this was a new manufacturer for me: Zhipao. They’ve only got just over 20 (currently known at least) coasters and have been around for about 4 years. This place had one of their “4 Ring” coasters, a fairly standard double-loop, double-corkscrew affair, but they also offer a triple-corkscrew model.

wJBAwRf.jpg

cwZp8w4.jpg

T58WogD.jpg

79LDNco.jpg

gQLEFJY.jpg

It was f**king awful, even worse than the fairly similar models from Hebei Zhongye.

At least there was also a jungle mouse though.

P8zfROS.jpg

TtmLymv.jpg

M4swW4b.jpg

Then it was FINALLY time for a proper park, which I’ll type up separately in a bit.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Love confusing the taxi drivers with parks over there. Hotgo... that's in Fantawild right?
It's why I just use DiDi now. It's made things sooooooo much easier, especially getting out of little crappy places with no taxis coming through. Obviously no issues getting where you need to be either since you're putting it in yourself. Plus, it's cheaper.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Here’s a proper park then, which I got to in the early afternoon.

Visionland

This is an OCT park, but not going under the usual Happy Valley branding. The whole model seems somewhat “inspired” by another Chinese park chain, which will start to become evident soon.

7BZVz0v.jpg

KoJmazn.jpg

mtUAuAd.jpg

zkwOdE7.jpg

8tk7pPP.jpg

oBTcY7L.jpg

The place was dead, and I didn’t like the look of this board:

POPlwr2.jpg

Turns out that it’s a list of open attractions though, which obviously makes far more sense than having a smaller, easier to read list of closed ones.

The main purpose of coming here was to nab their Intamin Mega-Lite. I’d had the complete collection before, so was annoyed when this place built a 5th one.

WK7hW3B.jpg

lnkOQZ3.jpg

fiORis6.jpg

WP5CNXQ.jpg

E6uD9LD.jpg

j87RTfT.jpg

WplGTKf.jpg

EnLWRFQ.jpg

hwF6KnP.jpg

I totally missed the entrance of it somehow, so ended up getting it a bit later. The first thing I did was a dark ride called Time Speed, which was very different to anything I’d seen before.

XD4z7Wg.jpg

ddvyffs.jpg

hsNDny9.jpg

LtoHpsN.jpg

OzWsFBa.jpg

It’s quite hard to describe, but the best way would be to say it’s like a mini flying theatre mounted on a car that moves along a track to a bunch of different screens. You sit in a dark ride vehicle with OTSRs. Then, before it sets off, it tilts up into a mini flying theatre position. There was a decent range of movement in the seats though, sometimes tilting right back so you’re lying down and looking up. I don’t want to say it’s like the “Forbidden Journey” style since it’s not really – it’s 100% screen-based and the movements are very slow – but it’s kind of on its way to that style of attraction I guess.

Some interestingly-named bumper cars:

D84pvJ0.jpg

Got the cred. On my first ride, I just missed a train and was the only person waiting. I thought they’d have me standing there ages, but they were happy to send me off by myself.

65x282o.jpg

uOUGmXo.jpg

nKdaUgw.jpg

WgCrPBG.jpg

Hmmmm, it felt a bit off to be honest. Compared to the others I’ve done, it was just a bit sluggish and the airtime wasn’t as strong. Anyway, I could reclaim the set.

Some stunt show which I don’t think was running:

OgFkDLp.jpg

Crazy Bus annoyed me. There was, inexplicably, a pretty long queue for it, which didn’t move for ages. When it finally did, they let a crapload of people in and I got stopped right at the gate. I didn’t want to stand there for another 20 minutes, so sacked it off. I think it was just an immersive tunnel thing though based on the name, size/shape of the building and the number of people they let in.

9rBgy24.jpg

1GuTNtn.jpg

This thing was kind of fab/s**t in equal measure:

G8yGLTo.jpg

h4ogb2i.jpg

It was just projections/screens, but the floor was glass and had screens under it, so it was all pretty immersive.

tV89Ztb.jpg

oTAE0Hu.jpg

Crazy Magician was a 4D dark ride, and was better than OCT’s usual offerings of these, which are piss-poor. It still wasn’t great though – not a patch on Fantawild’s offerings - and the lack of attention to detail on some signage was just embarrassing. OCT always do s**t like this though. They’ll copy and paste English ride signs from one park and shove them in front of totally different rides in other parks. For a company that’s so huge, it’s pretty inexcusable.

E6htQ7b.jpg

6YfxOLC.jpg

This next thing still isn’t open, and there are no signs that it will be anytime soon despite the park being open for over a year now.

vxoFRRx.jpg

6NUTsJG.jpg

General thoughts seem to be that it’s a Beijing Jiuhua Motocoaster, but that’s just from looking at the track type and making an educated guess based on the theme. It’s not labeled on any park maps, there’s no signage anywhere near it, and there’s not even a clear entrance area at the moment. Something I noticed while I was riding Crazy Magician though, is that the track for this coaster actually goes inside that show building and runs alongside the 4D ride at one point. Now, I have no idea if there’s actually supposed to be any interaction – at this point, the dark ride vehicle is almost stationary, moving slowly backwards alongside the coaster track which sits to the right and in a ditch below – but it could be part of the reason that this thing hasn’t been able to open yet.

3Okovg9.jpg

EWRD7Ud.jpg

EJ2SBXB.jpg

Next cred:

B11KxWT.jpg

KyEeUU2.jpg

Nope. Couldn’t get on it. This wasn’t surprising since the pay-one-price places usually have a no-adult policy on these, while the pay-per-ride don’t care. Having said that, I have managed to get on a couple of Fantawild’s, but years ago. Now there’s a chain-wide “not a f**king chance” policy.

The mine train had a ludicrous entrance and was well-themed, but I’m soooooooooo f**king sick of them.

11ivS7t.jpg

vaN9VCE.jpg

2PN0BIp.jpg

This area had a bunch of other stuff including a horror walkthrough (rubbish as always, but slightly better than HV’s offerings), a 3D Cinema and one of those live actor/projection shows, which are always worth a watch.

11ivS7t.jpg

vaN9VCE.jpg

2PN0BIp.jpg

This tower had a weird simulator in it. There are individual cars – I’m assuming all facing outwards from the centre – with their own screens. The cars move up and down, but that’s the only movement. I was expecting some kind of drop, but it never came.

G6RjIq6.jpg

SL9xbf1.jpg

Some rerides on the Mega-Lite obviously happened.

G6RjIq6.jpg

1fN3OKt.jpg

6W6QWZP.jpg

C4Eq2MN.jpg

There was another area I hadn’t touched and was almost planning to skip. I had plenty of time until my train, but was thinking about getting to the station early and trying to switch my ticket. I should have done that really since I ended up getting to the station too late to change anything, but with a couple of hours to kill before my train.

Anyway, this other area had a couple of things that I skipped due to timing, so no idea what was inside.

2XJQQOs.jpg

olaEzCZ.jpg

UGmNiil.jpg

I did catch “Myth” though.

zNcmsFR.jpg

KQooL1R.jpg

As expected, it was a flying theatre, but was MUCH better than most and of a type I hadn’t seen before. It seems that the seats are all on one giant arm in the middle of the dome, which rotates around so that you end up with more of a 360 projection rather than just looking forward at one screen. Also, the seats tilt right back at points so that you’re lying down and looking into the roof of the dome. It was all quite impressive really.

I headed out after that.

Overall thoughts then. It was a decent park and very different from OCT’s other offerings. In terms of coasters, whatever, but the product as a whole is impressive. It’s clear to me that with the new Visionland brand (there are other parks coming), OCT are creating something different from their Happy Valley parks and are going for more of a “Fantawild” model, with a couple of coasters, loads of dark rides and huge theming.

There’s a bit more of this to come, but in terms of parks, that’s (kind of) it.

HeartlineCoaster

Theme Park Superhero
Hmmmm, it felt a bit off to be honest. Compared to the others I’ve done, it was just a bit sluggish and the airtime wasn’t as strong. Anyway, I could reclaim the set.
Good job on completing the set again. I've given up on that idea since the Chengdu spite, but will probably give this place a go for the dark rides and stuff at some point.
I've found every one since Piraten sluggish and not as good, weirdly.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I particularly like the shots of the Megalite. Looks like you get some good vantage points of it, which sometimes aren't so good.

Nice!

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
HeartlineCoaster said:
I've found every one since Piraten sluggish and not as good, weirdly.

I've found them all to be very similar to be fair, apart from this one, but that could be explained by the fact that it was barely running and the trains were empty. I've usually caught them on relatively busy days though. Chengdu's has had the stupid seatbelt things added, which detract from it a bit.

There was another fairly major park outside Guilin which I hadn’t had time for on that first afternoon, so headed there the day after the Liuzhou day trip. It was further away than I was expecting, taking around 90 minutes in the car.

Victory Kingdom

uehPxph.jpg

I was interested to see this place as there were no pictures or information on RCDB, despite it being listed.

9eU5TBY.jpg

Oh.

It’s closed until July 20th for renovation work. It was August 24th at this point and no sign of life apart from one security guard out front.

There were four generic Golden Horse creds hiding inside.

GXEpM42.jpg

vXqnNTs.jpg

kQkkRQ3.jpg

wwhGJ27.jpg

nLL3Zzp.jpg

S3j8tbn.jpg

Yeah, that place is f**ked then. Victory Kingdom in Tianjin is also screwed. When I checked it out last year, it was open, but none of their coasters were running, nor were most of their other rides. I wasn’t sure if this place was run by the same company since there was only a name to go on, but it clearly is.

Oh well, an hour and a half back to the city then!

I got the driver to drop me off near some park/mountain, had a wander around the bottom of it and then climbed up.

h9qp3C5.jpg

WnQ8oRs.jpg

LNtDj5n.jpg

04ntIsX.jpg

F7SsXnN.jpg

7pjBp1p.jpg

kR3bvEa.jpg

The view was fab and there was almost nobody else up there. Here are a bunch of similar-looking pictures.

J6NFkbX.jpg

NrUXOkN.jpg

9UnFHcy.jpg

hA8NG6k.jpg

8RJwJ0s.jpg

fmxpq24.jpg

BrqsErB.jpg

QyRObCT.jpg

This being China, the gorgeous views just aren’t enough, so they’ve installed a slide to get you back down. 2 quid upcharge.

B1VHvck.jpg

8tudnab.jpg

zUafvmS.jpg

mHckzLZ.jpg

p5OZrnM.jpg

rzS86En.jpg

I walked along the river back into town and ended up at some tourist trap “Elephant Hill”, which was really busy and far from impressive. It was definitely a case of tourist offices telling people what they must see and the tour groups mindlessly following accordingly, rather than actually thinking for themselves and seeing better stuff.

edaoe7X.jpg

BqX6NEs.jpg

IqAkEF8.jpg

ksnwi8m.jpg

CoKMOEt.jpg

It doesn’t seem like it, but this had been a pretty long day given the trek out and back to Victory Kingdom, the walk up the mountain and then pretty far back towards the crappy tourist trap. I had an early start the next morning, so called it a day after that.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Gah, that +4 being closed! Useless.

Love the view from the hill though, especially the one looking over the city with the pagoda in it. Great pictures.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
^ Seriously! I was dying to get on a Golden Horse mine train.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Last bit; no creds.

There was another nearby town I wanted to go to, and the most popular way of getting there, for tourists at least, is to take a boat down the river. You could totally sort this yourself by showing up at the ferry pier and buying tickets, but it’s quite far out of Guilin and you’d have to deal with loads of locals once you got there. Instead, I paid more and booked it as a “tour”. It wasn’t really a tour though, which was fine with me. It was pretty much just a hotel pickup and ticket onto a boat – it just took the work and hassle out of it.

The boat ride is gorgeous and totally worth doing. I stayed up on the top deck the whole time with a couple of other foreign tourists. The locals mostly stayed inside downstairs, sleeping, only popping up when whichever tour guide they were with dragged them up for pictures in front of some particularly important rock. Idiots. They missed the whole thing. Again, it’s a case of seeing/doing what they’re told to see/do without any semblance of free thought.

WRVsWD8.jpg

neDqMZL.jpg

kroGMW4.jpg

nA0CUDW.jpg

wMy9Bzl.jpg

URw8pcD.jpg

dt2eJN0.jpg

C12d3fi.jpg

bNpOerD.jpg

QzSRz33.jpg

sJJFDls.jpg

2nhFrA1.jpg

gX7QQZ8.jpg

fJRGNpB.jpg

xWSgfcW.jpg

JMgfk0a.jpg

mz1JeIl.jpg

F2cD74d.jpg

GTZr2Y0.jpg

6oxvjVo.jpg

WyOd4j9.jpg

rz7csBN.jpg

The trip took around 5 hours. It’s usually around 4, but took longer because there were some unusually shallow sections which took longer to get through.

The ferry pier at the other end is walking distance into the main town of Yangshuo. The whole place was lovely, and I’d got a really cheap hotel, which was actually really nice, with a balcony overlooking the main pedestrian street.

Og6ul1c.jpg

O42PCSh.jpg

zBWKe0V.jpg

RzbSxNM.jpg

MxcPdx1.jpg

crKuKRt.jpg

9RZ9Qhx.jpg

AEEJsqY.jpg

uqeBSLY.jpg

ra390bQ.jpg

cuJVNso.jpg

AAEH0Z9.jpg

FlB9OYj.jpg

inXfUVk.jpg

rUh9px4.jpg

It was all very quaint and fairly quiet. It pissed down for a while though, so I holed up in my room for a bit before venturing back out to a park just at the end of the street. I was hoping for a surprise cred, but no.

2jyJzIt.jpg

7uB951p.jpg

Iz06zVD.jpg

mej4ebw.jpg

The quaint, quiet, sleepy little town does a complete about turn once it gets dark.

6Iblwjr.jpg

lroZlk1.jpg

gJlI2FO.jpg

XjWYsoN.jpg

D9KDQKa.jpg

OYGI6ZE.jpg

It was f**king heaving! The narrow little side streets are just full of bars, there’s music blaring everywhere and the small lake turns into a tacky light show. I LOVED it!

bb4Z6KC.jpg

YtzWNOP.jpg

m1ZBu87.jpg

XL84zLC.jpg

yYnA0Kh.jpg

NnUVW0u.jpg

Well, I loved it until I got back to my lovely room with my balcony overlooking the quaint pedestrian street.

See that building on the left? My room/balcony was right on that corner.

FFmj0yx.jpg

UIZVDPI.jpg

The noise was ridiculous, but there must be some kinds of restrictions on the place since once it hit midnight, it totally emptied out and was quiet.

I wish I’d given myself another day here at least since there’s a bunch of stuff in the surrounding area and I loved the town itself. The focus had been on the river cruise though. I originally wasn’t going to even stay the night at all.

I had to get back to Guilin for a train back to Shenzhen the next day. The high-speed train technically has a Yangshuo station, but it’s actually nowhere near Yangshuo at all. I figured I’d be better off just going from Guilin and that if I needed any more time there, I’d have it on that last day before my train.

On the way back, I took a detour to this mountain, which was stunning. It was a bit misty, but that can’t be helped at that time of year when it’s just hot and humid over the whole area.

There’s a car park part of the way up, so the climb to the actual top isn’t too bad. I almost didn’t take the detour, but I’m really glad I did.

pMFaDyu.jpg

5H3OvLi.jpg

EJbC68F.jpg

gQxtgaV.jpg

lqjYZQw.jpg

tsom1yr.jpg

XaY8QNW.jpg

I had a few hours to kill in Guilin, but figured I’d seen it really, so just hung out in Starbucks with a book for a while before heading to the train station and getting home.

This was a great little trip. Guilin and, especially, Yangshuo were both really nice and were sooooooo easy to deal with since they’re so massively based on tourism. China isn’t as difficult as most people think anyway, but you can feel a bit isolated when you’re in cities with no tourist trade to speak of, and you’re relying on translation apps etc. to communicate and never actually speak to anyone.

Obviously, there was nothing exceptional with parks/coasters, but I managed a decent little haul. I don’t imagine that it’s on many enthusiasts’ lists though, since it’s not particularly close to much else of interest. Having said that, there’s a Wanda park coming to Guilin in the next couple of years, so we’ll see I guess.

davidm

Strata Poster
Love pics of Guilin ; this one (LINK) was one of the first I saw and the photographer has a fair few others from there that are pretty great. Not that your pics are too shabby either though, the place looks fantastic.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Wow, that's great! Those hills (mountains?) are pretty spectacular. Almost worth it for that alone!