Mega Poster
My images from Monday Sept 17th 2018 :

1d646d125f7c419df7c583697eaaf759.jpg

42c4d366a7b2df4a415d6c4abbabd2db.jpg

ef257462be1c11dc86786ad08ed7e779.jpg

7a5f70015b2cb451527662de3792e4d1.jpg

sam_coasterz

Roller Poster
Sorry if it's already been mentioned or if its clearly stated somewhere.. but do we know an estimated opening date for this? Planning my first trip to Phantasialand and wondering if I should go soon so I can see the park (and get on Taron ! ) or wait a few more months till this opens.. If its the back end of next year i'll probs just go back again when this opens :D
It looks so awesome !:D

UP87

Mega Poster
The park didn't say anything about an estimated opening by now. The communication is pretty lackluster anyway. All we have is the trailer and the promotional poster.

Ethan

Strata Poster
Sorry if it's already been mentioned or if its clearly stated somewhere.. but do we know an estimated opening date for this? Planning my first trip to Phantasialand and wondering if I should go soon so I can see the park (and get on Taron ! ) or wait a few more months till this opens.. If its the back end of next year i'll probs just go back again when this opens :D
It looks so awesome !:D
Any dates that people tell you at this moment are being pulled straight from their arse. We have no idea when it will open. Could be spring, could be summer, could be later. I would just aim for roughly the time of year Taron opened in 2016 and go for it. If F.L.Y spites you, even more reason to return!

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
Roff on CoasterFriends.de has drawn an overview of the layout as it currently stands.
9535031d1537229676-201x-neuheit-fly-launched-flying-coaster-themenbereich-rookburgh-phantasialand-flylaout.png

Dark Green = Off Load Platform
Light green = On Load/Boarding Platform
Purple = Lift
Orange = Launches
Blue = Brake Run

The stars mark where there must be a track connection between the two ends.

Yes the lift and twist into the flying position will be indoors. The launch will then push you out of the building through the cannon/tunnel structure.
Screenshot_20180731-201844_Gallery.jpg

Presumably now that the track is there they will soon start work to enclose it/build the building around it.
Another user on CoasterFriends.de has put together this diagram to show how the lift (1), turn into the flying position (2) and launch through the cannon structure (3) will be.
9535029d1537212666-201x-neuheit-fly-launched-flying-coaster-themenbereich-rookburgh-phantasialand-fly.png

EDIT:
On PhantaFriends.de a picture has been posted showing the wall is covered in Universal Rocks theming frame work. At the top right on the Fantasy side there is the frame work for a small tower-like structure visible.
8BFD1009-14EA-4946-A4C0-2DC0B96247C0.thumb.jpeg.441c2e53d73b5df93b37167e0981f074.jpeg

Last edited:

sam_coasterz

Roller Poster
Any dates that people tell you at this moment are being pulled straight from their arse. We have no idea when it will open. Could be spring, could be summer, could be later. I would just aim for roughly the time of year Taron opened in 2016 and go for it. If F.L.Y spites you, even more reason to return!
okii thanks for the replies! :) I really wanna get on Taron.. so yep, guess i'll be going back again for F.L.Y.. when its ready :D

Flying Pilot

Mega Poster
Haha I remember trying to figure out Black Mamba's layout for so long when they were building that.

Working as a project manager at phantasia must be so draining! These things are like giant 3d puzzles.
A projectmanager does not do that. Vekoma designed the layout. Phl made a drawing of the land in 3D.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Brian, bob_3_ definitely knows that the project manager did not come up with the layout, he was stating how much of a nightmare it would be to be working on such a complex project like this as a project manager. Of which, it would.
The number of parties sitting around the table at one of these design meetings must be staggering. You've got all the ride engineers, theming engineers and creative designers, not to mention the small army of civil, structural, mechanical, electrical and environmental services engineers who are trying to make sure the ground doesn't subside, the footpath bridges will stay up, the air conditioning works, the whole thing has power and the toilets can drain (and much more). Then there's the local authority, who'll want to see reports from fire engineers on emergency access and escape routes, acoustic reports and all that. Then there's all the cost consultants, contractors, park management, facilities and maintenance (general and technical). I've probably missed at least a dozen others. bob_3 is spot on.

But yeah, the project managers probably aren't that busy...

VikingsAf

Mega Poster
A projectmanager does not do that. Vekoma designed the layout. Phl made a drawing of the land in 3D.
On top of all the above... Vekoma doesnt do themeing, which is possibly more complex than the layout. They litterally only design the track, build the parts and deliver them with a manual. The phase-by-phase building, which contains the most of the complexity, of the entire area is done by PHL and external companies and is lead by a project manager from PHL (a consultant possibly, but still under contract by PHL)