What's new

Most Obscure Coaster you've ridden

DelPiero

Strata Poster
Dunno, did you take any photos of the coaster? You can submit info to coaster-count of a new ride that they don't have in the database yet. :)
Yeah I grabbed one picture of it that didn't match any photos of the other Grand Canyons, no idea who operates it though :rolleyes:

DelPiero

Strata Poster
Check it you can find it in here;
https://m.facebook.com/giostremestieri/photos/?tab=album&album_id=596299637095514&ref=page_internal

Or send me a photo and I can check it later in the week. :)
Fantastic! Thanks Tilen! I found the Grand Canyon one, this was taken in Lucca as well, certain this is it -
Alas it's not on CC as far as I can see, can't see a Grand Canyon operated by Lazzari anywhere on there.

I also found the Bruco Mela I rode, I think I've chosen the wrong one on CC for that too as there's no Berti showman listed on CC -

TilenB

Strata Poster
Fantastic! Thanks Tilen! I found the Grand Canyon one, this was taken in Lucca as well, certain this is it -
Alas it's not on CC as far as I can see, can't see a Grand Canyon operated by Lazzari anywhere on there.

I also found the Bruco Mela I rode, I think I've chosen the wrong one on CC for that too as there's no Berti showman listed on CC -
No problem! This one also seems to be a slightly different layout compared to the ones that are already in the database. I do wonder who built it, since it has the same layout as Cavazza Diego Super Nessi coaster, but it seems to be powered.

Snoo

The Legend
Going to be Coaster Cruiser in Michigan. It opened in February. CC only has about 30 or so riders on it.

https://rcdb.com/15259.htm

41459281_899255424561_304860657025548288_n.jpg

rob666

Hyper Poster
I don't do counting, but I am an enthusiast with a fat arse...who has become a bit curious.
Would my old favourites of the Scenic at Belle Vue Manchester, and the Reel at Blackpool, have been worth good points for an old git?

davidm

Strata Poster
Scenic has 1 rider on coaster-count ; Reel has a dozen so not so spesh. :)

(the Reel is interesting to me, because I think I might have ridden it back in the 70s on a trip to Blackpool ; I can remember a few things about the trip and I think I can remember the ride, but I'm not sure and it could be my brain playing tricks on me - so I don't count it. My friend's dad who took me and my pal on the trip might have remembered, but he died last week :( RIP Bill)

Last edited:

rob666

Hyper Poster
Thanks for that.
Regarding the Reel, many didn't realise that the last twenty seconds or so we're a big horseshoe tunnel under the footprint of the ride in the dark...ring any bells for you Mr M?

davidm

Strata Poster
No, the only vague recollection I have is maybe getting into the tub ; but that could just be a false memory / wishful thinking based on old pictures I have seen. I would have been about 7/8 at the time! :(

rob666

Hyper Poster
You used to step down from the platform, quite similar to river rapids...and all the ride staff wore white long coats, like lab tech's...then they changed to cream ones.
One operator walked with a limp, he insisted it was because he had to push the tubs round while walking on two different levels by the side of the track all day, and it took him half an hour at the end of the shift to correct his step.
First ride I watched get pulled down, rotten as hell, but it seemed to have masses of timber compared to the other coasters, had a massive solid wood platform under the tracks instead of scaffold supports.
More fun than the mouse,especially when you ended up with two complete strangers in your lap!

Peet

Giga Poster
I made a brave effort to bag a seriously obscure cred yesterday - Montanha da Leba at Parque Ulengo in Angola (1 rider on coaster count). Unfortunately the whole park was closed; from what we could gather it only opens for special occasions and pre-booked large groups at the moment. Hopefully it will return to normal operations at some point.
20181013_103710.jpg
The cred looks to me like a Beijing Shibaolai Amusement Equipment "Single loop double spiral" coaster, although rcdb doesn't list a manufacturer.
I expect I'll be back in Angola soon enough (it's work not pleasure!) to try again.

GeaugaLakeisAlive

Roller Poster
My most obscure is definitely the Green Dragon Coaster at that park in North Wales, world's only people-powered coaster!

How about you?
Swamp Fox Roller Coaster at Family Kingdom in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina

Attachments

• Mbpc1_705.jpg
    Mbpc1_705.jpg
    156.2 KB · Views: 24

Kw6sTheater

Hyper Poster
Mindbender at Galaxyland, or Swamp Fox at Family Kingdom. I bet some of you are wondering what Swamp Fox even is, to be honest, it's THAT obscure. To sum it up, Swamp Fox is basically Southern Phoenix - even down to the fact that it has an antique car track that runs right under it!

_dezaster_

Roller Poster
Got 18 points for Orient Express and Wacky Worm Coaster @O.D Pavillion Amusement Park in NC. I think there are only 3-5 riders for each on coaster count :D
fair07_122.jpg

CanobieFan

Strata Poster
. I bet some of you are wondering what Swamp Fox even is, to be honest, it's THAT obscure
Hmm, nah. Myrtle Beach is / was a pretty big spring break or summer destination. I wouldn't say it's obscure. When I was living in Massachusetts I had been on two separate trips. Since moving to Florida I've visited twice more, including over this past summer.

and let's not forget for a brief moment.... There was even a B&M located down the street from it.