What's new

Phantasialand | F. L. Y. | Vekoma Launched Flying Coaster | 2020

Ethan

Strata Poster
It's what I'm making out of the overall approach they seem to be taking so far with this flyer.
Tbh if anything I'd say this thing is loaded with them? For one, you don't know the speed of this coaster yet, so there isn't really a way to gauge the forces accurately. Also, how is a coaster that consists of only tight helixes and turns "being careful with positives"? Yeah, so far it doesn't look like it's going to feel like an elephant is stepping on you chest at any point (looks at Tatsu), but from the looks of it, I don't think it's unfair to assume you'll be pressed into the restraints for a decent portion of the ride.

Fluorineer

Mega Poster
Tbh if anything I'd say this thing is loaded with them? For one, you don't know the speed of this coaster yet, so there isn't really a way to gauge the forces accurately. Also, how is a coaster that consists of only tight helixes and turns "being careful with positives"? Yeah, so far it doesn't look like it's going to feel like an elephant is stepping on you chest at any point (looks at Tatsu), but from the looks of it, I don't think it's unfair to assume you'll be pressed into the restraints for a decent portion of the ride.

I might have chosen my words poorly, but that is precisely the point: because this coaster is loaded with positive G's, Vekoma is going to be extra careful about making them enjoyable ("floaty"), just like an actual flight with rapid transitions would feel like. The second half of a pretzel is exactly that "elephant on the chest" territory which is the most controversial amongst fans of the model, but nobody would really argue against the 180-degree dive down being bat**** amazing surely?

Ethan

Strata Poster
Ah, I see you're point. In which case I guess I would agree. I do think that dive down through the Wuze towers, and some other turns, look anything but floaty, though!

Although again, not knowing the speed means we can't say anything yet.

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
A new tower structure of some sort has been erected today. Pictures from PhantaFriends.de.
411F70CA-C6A8-45C7-8E95-4504E378F65B.thumb.jpeg.b2ddce7f1ff3aee9e42e58ab2783d1f4.jpeg

D87ACD29-9822-44C3-943D-288693E2D522.thumb.jpeg.5742de967ae26c0f3ea0d876004a1d10.jpeg

Also Phl Marcus on PhantaFriends.de has drawn diagrams depicting what has so far been build of the launch.
test.png.97a70c5192412480830a6cf65caf9d52.png

test.png.e10edc75d468f14fe210ead6d39bfb90.png

Ethan

Strata Poster
I do wonder what all these towers will look like from the Fantasy/Wuze side. They could give them a similar finish to the Wuze Town building, but I have a feeling when fantasy gets some TLC in the coming years, that whole area will be unrecognisable.

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
IMG_20180906_112136.thumb.jpg.f71f3d32bc80696a854ae85f50f60ee6.jpg

They're not messing about with this wall. More towers today (picture source PhantaFriends.de).
These are just the required sound barrier walls given how close the residents are to the area. The whole gap between those the large towers/wall along Wuze Town, and the Maus au Chocolat building needs to be closed up for the coaster to operate.
Obviously then the facades have the additional purpose of separating the themed areas.
Just like @Ethan I must say I'm rather intrigued to see how they finish off the Wuze/Fantasy side, its going to quite a major change to skyline there.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I wonder if they'll go for a living wall (or mock-living) to give the impression of a wall of trees or something. Could look rather nice, really!

Phantasiastisch

Mega Poster
We all know the billboard in front of the site. I start to think it shows literally how it will be: "What we see, is what we get".
310317mayo4.jpg

I guess the new structure at the left is the building on the billboard. Behind the steampunk dressed man is the wall against the Wuze hall, which will house the station of the Zeppelin. If we see a bridge appear, we know for sure. ;)

Last edited:

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
The new wall structure is growing fast. Its now pretty much across the entire roof of the concrete building below.
20180907_173904.jpg

20180907_133200.jpg

The wall is also quite close now to the steel towers wall along the side of Wuze Town. I imagine they'll be connecting them soon - then the sound barrier will be complete with the exception of the gap between the new wall and Maus au Chocolat.

20180907_132647.jpg

There were also people working on the facades along the back of Berlin today. At the far end (not visible in the above picture) the first decorative theming elements could be seen.
20180907_085320.jpg

20180907_085258.jpg

After its erection last week the curved launch track has now been wrapped up in tarpulins for protection from future surrounding construction work.

Charly80

Roller Poster
It looks like a launch segment.
Tihis straight one could be an indication for an second launch at the "canon" Tunnel after the Lifthill!?
Or do you think this one fits to the already build curved launch?

Last edited:

Lofty

CF Legend
I'd assume that this segment was actually for the curved section, so it goes from curve to straight then out of it.

MrRC

Mega Poster
It looks like a launch segment.
Tihis straight one could be an indication for an second launch at the "canon" Tunnel after the Lifthill!?
Or do you think this one fits to the already build curved launch?
Charly its a trackpiece for in the station, see the mounting location, so this goes 90 degr counterclockwise.

a16f7a34bcedd4ece7cda807521a1cdf.png

Last edited:

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
^The station for F.L.Y. though has already been fully built and closed over for the next level of construction work above.
While its odd that its the same colour, are you sure this isn't for the new gen. flyer Vekoma have sold in China rather than F.L.Y.?

MrRC

Mega Poster
^The station for F.L.Y. though has already been fully built and closed over for the next level of construction work above.
While its odd that its the same colour, are you sure this isn't for the new gen. flyer Vekoma have sold in China rather than F.L.Y.?

OK u got a point, thats also possible.