What's new

Ghost Town in the Sky to Reopen...

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
...as Ghost Town Adventure Park!

38825075_10155522808151561_2625202874535116800_n.jpg

For those unfamiliar with Ghost Town in North Carolina's Maggie Valley, it's a hilltop park that has unfortunately had a history of running into repeated financial trouble. The park has shuttered three times in the last 15 years:

https://rcdb.com/4585.htm

It was home to a rare Hopkins looper called Red Devil, or more recently Cliffhanger. Unfortunately, it's been SBNO since 2010 and there doesn't appear to be any information regarding whether it will reopen with the park or whether it's even still standing. Hopefully it is and does reopen, as it was a fairly interesting ride:

Basing a thought off of the name alone, it sounds like the park is shooting for a more zipline, mini golf, ropes course type park instead of a traditional amusement park. Despite that, many locals seem to be excited. Let's hope their business plan fares better this time around.

Pear

Strata Poster
Cliffhanger is definitely still standing. You can see part of it as you're driving through the town.

There seemed to be some construction going on last week but for the most part it looked pretty dormant. Many of the people I spoke to don't think it'll make it unfortunately.

Matt N

CF Legend
I reckon this place has a good chance of reopening. It looks like a nice little park to me, and Cliffhanger looks quite unique, if you ask me!

Out of interest, is Cliffhanger the same type of ride as Desert Storm at Castles'n'Coasters in Arizona?

Pear

Strata Poster
@Matt N I was referring to the park, but even if it does reopen I can't see Cliffhanger reopening unless they do some major work to it.