What's new

SFMM | West Coast Racers | Premier Quad Launch Möbius Sky Rocket

John Knotts

Mega Poster
Hopefully this puts the Mack coaster BS to bed finally. I've been saying this the last few weeks... So now, what is it???? :{

Last edited:

kenny cook

Mega Poster
I'm sorry, but I absolutely believe the employee meant to say "Carolina" but with his probable lack of US geography and heavy accent, it sounded like California. I'm pretty confident in saying that SFMM won't be getting a Mack, as much as I think everyone would love to see it

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
Well given that the gentleman in the documentary was Maximilian Roeser, Head of Marketing for Mack Rides, I'm having a hard time believing he misspoke when clearly saying California.
It would also be an amazing coincidence after the rumours since the end of last year about a Mack at SFMM.

However of course until something is announced we cannot know for sure. But it also cannot be denied that a Mack certainly seems likely at the moment.

Last edited:

Youngster Joey

Strata Poster
It's a Mack.
I'm sorry, but I absolutely believe the employee meant to say "Carolina" but with his probable lack of US geography and heavy accent, it sounded like California. I'm pretty confident in saying that SFMM won't be getting a Mack, as much as I think everyone would love to see it
Slap Bet

:p

Well given that the gentleman in the documentary was Maximilian Roeser, Head of Marketing for Mack Rides, I'm having a hard time believing he misspoke when clearly saying California.
It would also be an amazing coincidence after the rumours since the end of last year about a Mack at SFMM.

However of course until something is announced we cannot know for sure. But it also cannot be denied that a Mack certainly seems likely at the moment.

In all seriousness I agree with CSLKennyNI. I find it VERY hard to believe Mack's head of marketing mispoke. Until August 30th and SF's video comes out, I'm going to continue to believe this is a Mack Project.

tomahawk

Strata Poster
Where is my tinfoil hat when I need it.

Wouldn't surprise me since that big white piece of **** in the front was supposed to be good and is that big gimmicky white piece of ****.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

John Knotts

Mega Poster
Where is my tinfoil hat when I need it.

Wouldn't surprise me since that big white piece of :emoji_poop: in the front was supposed to be good and is that big gimmicky white piece of :emoji_poop:.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Get ready for another one...

Hey, at least we can say it will have one world record that will probably never be broken...

Last edited:

Matt N

CF Legend
Oh my, I wonder what that record might be... I'm excited! I reckon we could potentially be getting a new major record breaker here! Height, speed, length, inversions, drop angle, launch acceleration... the options are endless!

Out of interest, wasn't Full Throttle rumoured to be an Intamin LSM Launch Coaster like Maverick, or did I imagine that?

On another note, I personally think that SFMM will get a Mack at some point, as Mack's head of marketing said California, and @roomraider only said that their 2019 attraction wouldn't be a Mack... implying that there might be a Mack coming to SFMM in the near future. Although the Mack head of marketing did also say that this mysterious coaster was costing $20million... and I don't think that Six Flags' present day budget could really afford a $20million spend on 1 attraction, as they only came out of bankruptcy 8 years ago and I believe Tatsu cost around $20million, and Six Flags said at the time that they weren't spending that much on an attraction ever again, so... I'm confused.

I am still personally rooting for a Mack at SFMM, as Icon is stunning, in my opinion, and I can see a similar ride working well at SFMM, myself.

Last edited:

Matt N

CF Legend
Sorry for double posting, but I just saw this on Screamscape:
Screamscape said:
2019 - New Coaster / Cyclone Bay Update - Rumor - (8/16/18) Despite the rumor that a Mack coaster may be coming to Six Flags Magic Mountain in 2019 being posted long before that video of the Mack Rides guy claiming they were building a ride for California, it seems that this may all have been in error. From what I’ve hearing the Mack guy misspoke while speaking English, and said California instead of Carolina and everything just slid downhill from there.
So who is making the coaster something to Six Flags Magic Mountain? Would you believe that our recient pondering about a possible launched coaster project going to Six Flags Great America next year from S&S may actually be a clone of whatever Six Flags has planned for Six Flags Magic Mountain in California? We’ll find out soon enough as the 30th in the big announcement day.
Interesting... so S&S may be our manufacturer for both SFMM and SFGAm's 2019 projects. I can see it for SFMM, but SFGAm has been teasing waterpark-related stuff, so it would be a bit strange if they were to get an S&S launcher in the dry park.
P.S. Here's the Screamscape link: http://www.screamscape.com/html/six_flags_magic_mountain.htm

Matt N

CF Legend
I didn't know that S&S made waterslides..?
Screamscape seems insistent that SFGAm will be receiving an S&S launch coaster in 2019. I’m confused by that too, as I don’t know why they’d use the water park in their teasers for an S&S launch coaster...

But I personally believe Lance, because his rumours normally seem to come true, especially in the more prominent American parks.

Don’t worry, S&S aren’t suddenly a waterslide manufacturer! ;)

Lofty

CF Legend
To be fair, that's not true. Lance is known for getting hyped up about project and posting wrong information on to that website. Screamscape is one of, if not the, worst for posting rumours as fact.

Matt N

CF Legend
To be fair, that's not true. Lance is known for getting hyped up about project and posting wrong information on to that website. Screamscape is one of, if not the, worst for posting rumours as fact.
Ah OK. Thanks @Lofty! I’ve always trusted Screamscape because from my experience, Lance has gotten more right than he has wrong (e.g. Steel Vengeance, Carowinds Mack), but I must admit that I am a little doubtful about an S&S launcher at SFGAm, so I’m banking on water park expansion, myself. But I’m open to surprises!
P.S. Sorry for drifting off-topic.

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
I'm just remembering the extremely detailed description of Taron with its Skyrush trains and drop track that a lot of people believed for ages.
Screamscape source have sent us a bit more information about Phantasialand's new Klugheim project. For starters, apparently the new coaster itself is likely to be named "Taron", as the park has filed for a new trademark to use this name and logo as seen here.

As for the coaster itself... again, the information seems to lead us to think that this is an Intamin made coaster, but with a design that may be more of a mix of Cheetah Hunt at Busch Gardens Tampa and Thirteen at Alton Towers. Our source says that the layout they saw had the coaster leave the station and go through a short dark-ride style indoor section before hitting a launch track and going outside and into a figure-8 style element labeled the "Panorama Curve", which is said to look a lot like the elevated figure-8 element on Cheetah Hunt. From here the train will drop into a series of S-curves before entering a building for another dark ride section that looked to include a 10-meter free-fall drop track element, much like Thirteen. Leaving here, the train appeared to load into a tilt-track style element, much like the one on Escape from Gringotts, dropping the train down and into a second launch track, into an Immelman style inversion, a series of overbanked curves, an into either a corkscrew or zero-g-roll inversion before sliding back into the station one again.

Our source also described the trains as looking quite a bit like Skyrush at Hersheypark, seating 4 across with the outer two seats hanging out over the edge of the track. The trains wont be very long however, featuring just 2 cars per train, and each car only having 2 rows, for a total of 16 riders per train.