What's new

B&M vs RMC: the best manufacturer

DelPiero

Strata Poster
If I had to pick one to ride right now.. well my Top 10 says it all. If I was building a park and wanted to build one? B&M without question. Business wise, they make more sense, which is why they've been successful.
This.
While I am fully on the RMC train, I am a self confessed Intamin fanboy, but I wouldn't put either into a park as a crowd puller immediately. B&Ms are solid investments with minimal downtime, they offer most styles of coaster and can absolutely munch through people.
I'll be interested to see if they up their game in the airtime department though, an ejector machine from B&M could be glorious.

Last edited:

Snoo

The Legend
This.
While I am fully on the RMC train, I am a self confessed Intamin fanboy, but I wouldn't put either into a park as a crowd puller immediately. B&Ms are solid investments with minimal downtime, they offer most styles of coaster and can absolutely munch through people.
I'll be interested to see if they up their game in the airtime department though, an ejector machine from B&M could be glorious.

They never would but sweet jesus if they did.. on their airtime machines? Ooooooo boy. I'm kinda getting hot and bothered thinking about it.

Sandman

Giga Poster
Is this an assertion or a question? I think one would need to explain why Intamin in particular shouldn't be included and possibly also Mack who pound-for-pound manage to make arguably some of the strongest rides going.

I've come to the opinion over time that the Mack coaster selection isn't quite as "world class" as many enthusiasts make out to be, just removing Helix from the equation vastly changes that dynamic... not saying the others are **** but Helix pins that whole argument together.

mouse

Giga Poster
If I was to choose between B&M and RMC I would say B&M is the better manufacturer. They produce solid reliable coasters to fit various briefs (just look at Alton's B&Ms), while also developing innovative new ride types. RMC produces excellent world class rides, but they don't yet have the range or experience to overtake B&M.

If I was to compare all manufacturers, I would place Intamin as the 'best manufacturer' (as opposed to my personal favourite manufacturer). They have the experience and reliability of B&M, but with a wider range of products and continued innovation in recent years.

Howie

Donkey in a hat
Gonna echo the sentiments of almost everybody else here: B&M for the range, experience, quality, reliability, capacity, aesthetic, business sense, 'GP appeal', etc etc etc...... <yawn>.
RMC for balls-to-the-wall excitement.

RMC wins then, innit.

EndlessWire

Mega Poster
I've come to the opinion over time that the Mack coaster selection isn't quite as "world class" as many enthusiasts make out to be, just removing Helix from the equation vastly changes that dynamic... not saying the others are :emoji_poop: but Helix pins that whole argument together.
I get what you're saying, but I'd argue that in a ''pound-for-pound" kind of way, Mack are up there. Their stuff isn't the most expensive or the most extreme in terms of stats, but they're of extremely consistent quality, which I'd argue many manufacturers aren't.

Snoo

The Legend
I get what you're saying, but I'd argue that in a ''pound-for-pound" kind of way, Mack are up there. Their stuff isn't the most expensive or the most extreme in terms of stats, but they're of extremely consistent quality, which I'd argue many manufacturers aren't.

Thats the thing tho, look at their best rides and compare it to most other top tier rides from other manufacturers and Mack doesn't stack up. Mack just simply isn't quite as established. It's like RMC of about 5 years ago. They just need to pump out a few more quality rides for me to consider them truly world class.